• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

US Supreme Court Rules Same-Sex Marriage Legal Across All States

The Good Gentleman

S'all Part of a Miracle Masterpiece
Yup.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/26/politics/supreme-court-same-sex-marriage-ruling/index.html
http://gawker.com/supreme-court-same-sex-marriage-is-legal-nationwide-1713867578

I'll even add a Fox News link, purely for your own entertainment.

This, combined with all the crazy bullshit going on about the confederate flag, it's an appropriate time as any:

The Good Gentleman

S'all Part of a Miracle Masterpiece
WOOHOOO!
Today marks a memorable day in history.

And possibly the first day of the Second American Civil War. Fear not, for General Ted Cruz will drive back them yankee dogs!
Cqrr8MW.png

http://jezebel.com/a-glorious-treasury-of-the-conservative-gay-marriage-fr-1714142516

Conservatives are losing their ****. Always a good time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Enigma

Crimson Sentinel
Yup, it's about time. 'All' that's left now is for people to accept gays in general, or at least to stop making them feel bad or casting them out of the family. I think this'll at least reduce the psychological gap that says homosexuals are unnatural or immoral compared to heterosexuals. I'm just surprised it took the US so long.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Well there's also the issue of trans individuals. I spoke to one recently who was born physically intersex and is not permitted to marry the mother of their child in Australia.

Marriage - or if you don't want to use the term marriage, legally binding civil partnership - should be a basic human right in any civilized country

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
mean while here in Canada were all like
8b4.gif
this is news?
illegal same sex marriage was still a thing?

Yup, wasn't ours one of the first countries to legalize?

Not that we don't have a ton of bigoted f*cks here still too, but apparently fewer--at least in positions of power.

Director Bison

King of Games
Premium Elite
Premium
Yup, wasn't ours one of the first countries to legalize?

Not that we don't have a ton of bigoted f*cks here still too, but apparently fewer--at least in positions of power.
first line of wikipedia says
On July 20, 2005, Canada became the fourth country in the world, and the first country outside Europe, to legalize same-sex marriage nation wide with the enactment of the Civil Marriage Act which provided a gender-neutral marriage definition

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
first line of wikipedia says
On July 20, 2005, Canada became the fourth country in the world, and the first country outside Europe, to legalize same-sex marriage nation wide with the enactment of the Civil Marriage Act which provided a gender-neutral marriage definition

Well, if the Wikipedia article is true, then we were early to the party, weren't we? ^^

Seriously, though; I'm glad the states caught up...even if some of them--a lot of them--are resistant to it.

Top Bottom