• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Universe cameos

The Final Offer

Suitable DMC & DmC Cameos

There are some places were DMC's Dante fits and some places were DmC Dante is suitable. What I'd like to know is if you can come up with a suitable cameo for DMC and DmC.

This cameo you choose has to be from gaming. Who would be the best cameo for the DMC universe and/or the DmC universe. I'd love to see why this being or thing you choose would be appropriate. Tie everything in if you want to (story, personality, motivation, sibling, art style, hobbies, enemies, etc)

991158-bigthumbnail.jpg

Last edited:

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Hmm...

I want to contribute to this, but I'm having trouble coming up with much. ^^;

I figure DMC Dante might fit in well with Dark Stalkers, but I honestly can't be sure; I've never played the game, and I only know snippets about it. The most I've really seen involves pairing Dante up with Morrigan Aensland.

Either Dante might fit into Alice's world (Alice: Madness Returns) to a certain degree. I don't imagine either version would get along with her very well, though. They might reluctantly aid one another.

Honestly, I'll have to get back to you on this one. My examples are poor, at best.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Weird that you'd mention that one since the manga was one of the inspirations for the original DMC

Black Lagoon is what inspired DMC?! :eek: I mean, I get so used to seeing dual wielding with pistols in anime, I never made the connection...

I guess you learn something new everyday. How did you come by this information, by the way? Not that I doubt the legitimacy of your claim, but I always like to check these things out for myself. I'm sure you understand. :)

Edit: Also another thing I loved; Revy's Cutlasses were her "boys". Special edition Berettas. Dante's M1911's (sometimes referred to as guys, other times as girls) are custom as well. But on top of that, Mr. Chang dual wields with regular M1911's at points throughout the anime. I just thought this was a point of interest. :)

Last edited:

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
For me, I'd like to see classic Dante in the Hellblazer series.

I wanna see Constantine use classic Dante like a muscle bound pawn and screw him over at the end.

Teal

A self-diagnosed misanthrope
How is that? Didn't DMC come out in 2001? Black lagoon came out in 2002.
As a matter of fact, a pilot chapter of the manga came out in April of 2001 while DMC was released in August 2001. But yeah, I still don't understand how they could have remade the game in a limited time of five months or less, unless they knew about Black Lagoon before it even aired.

About the cameos, I think that Old Dante would suit (or would have suited) perfectly in Hellsing, Darker than Black and Highschool of the Dead. In games, Bayonetta, Resident Evil, Ninja Gaiden and probably anything that is a DMC rip off.

The New Dante would fit very well in Twisted Metal, Dead Rising and any other game with a relatively serious tone.

berto

I Saw the Devil
How is that? Didn't DMC come out in 2001? Black lagoon came out in 2002.
The first shot of Black Lagoon was published in 2001.

I think, however that you might be right. Reading the interview again I think it refered to DMC3 and 4. He was talking about the team and then the original so I guess I miss understood which team since he worked on both 1 and 4.

Producer Kobayashi mentioned it on an interview for DMC4. Back in the day they were looking for things with guns and swords for inspiration and Back Lagoon and Blade were mentioned.
http://www.crispygamer.com/node/4003

Kobayashi: As I said, I love Hollywood action movies, but Yoji Shimomura [director of the game's cut scenes] is more into Asian action movies. You know, the kind with lots of fighting in cramped spaces. Obviously, the team overall is influenced by anime. One in particular that influenced the team -- it was a manga originally, and then became an anime -- is called 'Black Lagoon.' And naturally, we are influenced by anything with guns and swords, anything like that. One thing you might not know is that it was the movie 'Blade,' and not 'The Matrix,' that was the biggest influence on the original Devil May Cry.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
The first shot of Black Lagoon was published in 2001.

I think, however that you might be right. Reading the interview again I think it refered to DMC3 and 4. He was talking about the team and then the original so I guess I miss understood which team since he worked on both 1 and 4.

Ah, that would make a bit more sense; but what in DMC3 or 4 was inspired from Black Lagoon, specifically?

DragonMaster2010

Ah, that would make a bit more sense; but what in DMC3 or 4 was inspired from Black Lagoon, specifically?
Obviously the gun shooting style and the character Gin for Vergil. Other then that I can't see Revy being an inspiration for Dante since Revy is way too hardcore and too edgy for someone like Dante in DMC3 and DMC4.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Classic dante would be awesome in bayonetta god of war ninja gaiden hellsing

reboot dante i am not really sure to ne honest supernatural maybe as stated or buffy or somethin luke that ha

DragonMaster2010

Classic dante would be awesome in bayonetta god of war ninja gaiden hellsing

reboot dante i am not really sure to ne honest supernatural maybe as stated or buffy or somethin luke that ha

Well it's not like new Dante is the weakest guy in the world. I'm sure he could survive in other universes besides those that don't involve defying gravity.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
i wasn‘t saying he was dude i just really couldnt think of any for him that i could see him in or like him in

The Final Offer

DmC Dante universe cameos

For Adventure:
(Items)
Legacy of Kain series. Metal Gear Solid. Tomb Raider.

For Fighting:
(Presense)
Mortal Kombat
Killer Instinct
Soul Calibur
Guilty Gear

For Roleplay:
Dragon's Dogma. (items/weapons) Mass effect (items). Kingdoms of Amalur (items/weapons). Fable. (items/weapons)

For Action:
Devil's Third. (Presence)
Resident Evil (Weapons)

DMC Dante universe cameos

For Adventure:
Wonderful 101 (Viewtiful Presence)

For Fighting:
(Presence)
MVC, Street Fighter, TvC, Persona, Blazblue.

For Action:
Asura's Wrath (presence)

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
Classic Dante Hellsing, Final Fantasy, maybe (big maybe) Kingdom Hearts, Castlevania (originals or Lords of Shadow timeline) and as much as I would love to see classic Dante in Supernatural, I don't think he'd fit in, at-least the show, but maybe in the anime, and (just because I'd like to see Dante beat up Superman, and interact with the other members, such as Batman, Wonder Woman, and the Flash) a crossover with the Justice League. For new Dante, hmmm Buffy, Supernatural, I think Silent Hill would be a interesting crossover. Another interesting one I think would be with The Amazing Spider-Man

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
Well it's not like new Dante is the weakest guy in the world. I'm sure he could survive in other universes besides those that don't involve defying gravity.

Hold on now, Buffy verse and Supernatural verse has some pretty powerful characters, saying he would be able to survive there isn't downplaying his power.

Some would even be able to wreck sh*t in both the original and new DMC worlds such as Death,Michael,Gloria,Lucifer,Illyria, just to name a few of some of the hardcore and extremely powerful characters from both verses.

I know this because I'm a HUGE fan of both Buffy and Supernatural.

Top Bottom