• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Under rated?

Status
Not open for further replies.

IloveVergil

Demon a$$-kicker
The Phantarch;55095 said:
Well, I think the other games are better but I think that this is Dante's coolest persona.

Really? And I think Dante's personality sucked only in this game. :p

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
I disagree. I think his personality sucked in the third game (Too cocky for DMC). The hero of these sorts of horror-survival/action games should be quite enigmatic. Or that's my opinion anyway.

My favorite game by far is the first because it has great enemies, Dante isn't too cocky throughout, there's a great arch-nemesis, it's innovative and it has Alastor!:D

IloveVergil

Demon a$$-kicker
Dante always was cocky, and since he was only 19 and fairly immature in DMC3, his bratty and cocky attitude seemed perfect to me. ^^

Itachi Uchiha

forget myself..
ppl think since im cocky I should and probly like dmc3 more but truth is i dont mean to be. dmc2 I spend my time playing it the most really i dont see why ppl say it was a mistake. I mean sure it wasnt as good as the first one but think mgs2 kinda sucked compared to the first one. only thing i didnt like about dmc2 was the fact that we had little combo's and we had no control over the camra wich get;s me kill'd alot. all in all i would rank this game a 7 outta 12^_^ but thats probly just me tho.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
i did'nt know that people felt that 2 was a dissapointment as such. i agree with Demon slayer6.

DemonSlayer6

that zzzombiekid
Well, on some game sites, it was said by the critic that they didnt enjoy it much either. Some games, I prefer better. And the other DMC's, were better.

Destrond

Spectre Of The Flame
The reason this game wasn't as good is cause they really took all the magic abilities out. Think, no platform under your feet when you double jump is gone, no ability to slide forward in stinger, instead you run, no throwing your sword and making it stick in enemies, Just dt that was really it. Dantes new way was cool. He was darker and scarier and had a cooler look. He made the meaning of badass put into his look, and his dt went to a new extreme. However we still had some aspects that needed added though. Super dante like in every other would be an achievment that i would love, playable sparda would work, super lucia of course, different weapons than just swords cause i like to have gauntlets to, and some faster gameplay. The enemies kinda have dead ai on normal and don't attack, i want an enemy who fights back. All in all yes this game is underated because it is slower pace then the other dmcs, but there are actually bigger levels than the others here and a lot more fearsome bosses and enemies. Really, this game brought along a few things that should be continued. Bloody palace, devil crests (customize my devil), a ninja like character (i liked lucia but game was to slow so she wasn't amazing), and a creature that comes out of a building to kill you. I plan on making a thread to state all things for a remake, this game needs a few tweaks to be better, so the fans will tell them what is needed.

Devil Leon

Devil Hunter
Here's my opinion =

DMC2 was a good action game, but a lacking DMC title.

Story - The story was ok in my eyes, if not a little simple. The biggest problem in my eyes was Arius - he wasn't a very likeable bad guy. He wasn't scary or cool, and fighting him wasn't satisfying (he just sat there, shot, teleported occasionally and relied more on lackeys). Also, Dante had less personal involvement to the mission in comparison to 1 and 3, which made it less emotionally involving.

Gameplay - On the plus side, there were some good points - the new abilities to wall run, shoot downward in midair and various dodging moves were really nice, and even went towards DMC (mainly the trickster style). However, the combat wasnt as satisfying - combos felt slow and simple (and Dante's stinger was more of a 'flopper'). Guns were way overpowered, so the balance in weaponry really tipped the scales in favour of gunplay, making swords fairly redundant. The game was far too easy, and the added Desperation Devil Trigger made it even easier. Even DMD! difficulty wasnt that challenging.

Dante - Dante looked awesome, and he was cool. Yes I can even say I liked him, but he wasn't the Dante we'd grown to love in DMC1. I say great design in his appearance, but a bad move on the personality.

Lucia - Great, in my opinion. A whole extra character with her own weapons, storyline and some variation on missions. Very nice, and a great addition to replay value. She looked pretty nice, too ;)

Weapons:
Pros - Rebellion introduced to the series, the addition of submachine guns, and a choice of swords (I liked them all). Ability to upgrade the power of swords so that later you feel Dante is stronger.
Cons - No real variation, all swords were basically the same except for different damage/range values. No other weapons, i.e. gauntlets, which was a step back from DMC1. Also, no abilities to learn.

Enemies - Average enemies at best, and they seemed an odd selection with no real theme. Disappointing really. Bolverk was cool, but not as good as Nelo Angelo was. Dante's last boss was cool. The rest weren't really very good in my opinion, and lacked the personality that DMC1's bosses had displayed. Phantom was easy compared to his DMC1 counterpart, but it was nice to see an old enemy.

So basically I think it was a good action game, with a good few new concepts that I like, but they failed to keep up with DMC1's standards in a lot of areas. Don't get me wrong, I like the game - but the others were better.

AK_Devil

AK Devil hunter
I liked the graphics on it. Dante's persona was understandable...I just didn't like the storyline of it. And yes, I think it's underrated

yasoukyoku

SAVED!
Good- You had a chance to climb a building! yea!

Bad- Horrible combat mechanics, crappy enemies, no new weapons, NO STINGER, no magic, Dante also seems like he's lost all his speed when it comes to attacking, wider shoulders, Lucia, paper thin story and characters.

The game really wouldn't have bothered me so much if had a better story and if Lucia didn't have a speech impediment.:\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom