• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Umm... this is about DMC... Sort of...

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Hi.
Just looking on a certain auction website and there's something thats been bugging me for aaaages.

You know that you can get cosplay costumes on this site.
I've been wondering: Why are there 2 or 3 different types of colour for Vergil's coat?

You can get the normal blue. But, you can also get one thats black and another thats brown. I have seen it in another colou, but i can't think what.
Also, instead of the dark blue of Nero's coat, it also is produced in black?

Why? Surely if you are planning to cosplay, you wanna get as close as possible to the character you are dressing up as.
(And yes, i have cosplayed as Vergil before. I made my own stuff.:D)

Meg

my guess is maybe some people are really picky and will only wear colors they think they look good in

Vauxchen

The devoted
Premium
It's because there is more than one vostume for Vergil, Nero and Dante. The people that produce these also make the bonus costumes available. Dante will have about 4-7 depending on how many they want to make, Nero will have 1-3 and Same for Vergil.

It's the same for any cosplay really. You've just got to pick which version you want to cosplay. Older, younger, which arc, which weapon? Because in each series there are changes to age, clothes, weapons and more but I can't be bothered to list them. :p

Keaton

Premium
What you need to remember is the Power Ranger Theory of 1995.
What looks good in games or in a comic, may not look good in real life.

Alot of Cosplay Costume makers I know modify the designs so that you don't look quite as...whats the word I'm looking for...over-the-top (yes, that is one word). Afterall, its great in theory walking around in red leather all day, but when it comes down to practice its a little bit garish. Having darker colours often makes it easier to pull off because the costume looks more 'realistic'.

If you're looking for a Cosplay costume, get the one you like the look of and would want to wear...not what one is closest to the actual original. ^_^

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
That is odd! I would love to get my hands on a trenchcoat like Dante's, though leather is pricy (in reality, Dante would have to be seriously coining it to replace and patch up that coat of his so often). Might settle for one like Nero's. His looks like dark blue denim by the texture - or is that just me?

Top Bottom