• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Trish's Powers

berto

I Saw the Devil
wouldn't it make more sense
And that is almost the entirety of the story in a nutshell. Besides, do you honestly think that Dante'd stay behind just because there is someone more powerful around to do the job?

And even then just having the sword doesn't give you spardas power, it can make you more powerful but it took an extremely strong emotional trigger for sparda's own flesh and blood I.e. Dante, to get sparda's power. And the entire series goes to great length to single out people related to sparda as being far above anyone who's not in terms of power
She doesn't just have the sword, she has the key that unlocks the sword's power. The sword is a sentient thing, it can actually judge who it give power to. Having the sword give you power but it will determine who it gives it's unfiltered power to. There is a description, somewhere, the strategy guide or the booklet for DMC1 or even in the game itself, it says that the Sparda sword will only unleash it's devil trigger against one very specific enemy so the implication is that it won't unleash its full power against just anyone

Trish has the sword and her powers to add to it and she wasn't exactly far behind him when it came to power. For some reason, though, everytime I say so people seem to think that just because Trish is more powerful it means that she's somehow better, that that means that she could beat him. Nero is more powerful than Dante, he's got the muscle, he could beat Dante at arm wrestling with ease, we've seen it on screen, so why can't Nero beat Dante on a fight? Power isn't everything. Dante's taken out plenty of opponents who were more powerful than him so it's not just a matter of muscle.

devil_inside123

The devil in the dark
And that is almost the entirety of the story in a nutshell. Besides, do you honestly think that Dante'd stay behind just because there is someone more powerful around to do the job?

She doesn't just have the sword, she has the key that unlocks the sword's power. The sword is a sentient thing, it can actually judge who it give power to. Having the sword give you power but it will determine who it gives it's unfiltered power to. There is a description, somewhere, the strategy guide or the booklet for DMC1 or even in the game itself, it says that the Sparda sword will only unleash it's devil trigger against one very specific enemy so the implication is that it won't unleash its full power against just anyone

Trish has the sword and her powers to add to it and she wasn't exactly far behind him when it came to power. For some reason, though, everytime I say so people seem to think that just because Trish is more powerful it means that she's somehow better, that that means that she could beat him. Nero is more powerful than Dante, he's got the muscle, he could beat Dante at arm wrestling with ease, we've seen it on screen, so why can't Nero beat Dante on a fight? Power isn't everything. Dante's taken out plenty of opponents who were more powerful than him so it's not just a matter of muscle.
I know power≠better and Trish was a good deal under Dante in 1 as well if you mean when she stabbed him and was taken aback by just how outmatched she was. She's good but she doesnt have the feats Dante has and had never been said to be particularly powerful, Not saying shes not because she obviously is if she can hurt Dante, being stabbed doesnt even do that. But you haven't addressed the character profile in 4 saying he's surpassed sparda, so even if she did have sparda's unrestrained power Dante has grown even more powerful than that. can tell me your thoughts on that? Because while there's is an argument to be made for Trish there's just a lot more pointing towards Dante being the stronger one

berto

I Saw the Devil
I know power≠better and Trish was a good deal under Dante in 1 as well if you mean when she stabbed him and was taken aback by just how outmatched she was. She's good but she doesnt have the feats Dante has and had never been said to be particularly powerful, Not saying shes not because she obviously is if she can hurt Dante, being stabbed doesnt even do that. But you haven't addressed the character profile in 4 saying he's surpassed sparda, so even if she did have sparda's unrestrained power Dante has grown even more powerful than that. can tell me your thoughts on that? Because while there's is an argument to be made for Trish there's just a lot more pointing towards Dante being the stronger one
Oh, you don't have to go to the DMC4 files for that. That's something that's been started since DMC1. From the very beginning it's been said he's surpassed his father. The thing is, by how much? This isn't DragonBall, there is no scale or number to assign (actually, I'd be rather pssed if there were). It could be by a little, it could be by a lot, and Trish doesn't just have the powers of the sword, meaning she doesn't just have the powers of Sparda, she has her's, too, meaning that she has also surpass said power. Because of that I think that Trish, out of everyone in the main roster, has the most raw demonic power. I also think that Nero has the most brute strength, considering what he did to that dude's face. But for all their raw strength and power I also think that if it came down to it they couldn't kill the devil if they tried. Dante, on the other hand, can and would. He didn't get the nickname the man who makes the devils cry just out of sheer muscle.

Top Bottom