• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Trish's Powers

windleopard

Did Trish's powers weaken after Mundus' defeat? At the beginning of DMC 1 she's capable of electrokinesis, flight and teleportation. These abilities seem to weaken, if not vanish entirely, causing her to rely on her guns and Force Edge.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Did Trish's powers weaken after Mundus' defeat? At the beginning of DMC 1 she's capable of electrokinesis, flight and teleportation. These abilities seem to weaken, if not vanish entirely, causing her to rely on her guns and Force Edge.
You kiddin'? If anything she's more powerful now that she has the sword of Sparda and the amulet that's the key to Hell. The issue is the inconsistency in developers. Just look at the anime, which apparently cannon, her lightning is blue while in the games it's gold. The developers who thought out her powers in 1 aren't around so the one there are interpreting things, not following through with them.

windleopard

You kiddin'? If anything she's more powerful now that she has the sword of Sparda and the amulet that's the key to Hell. The issue is the inconsistency in developers. Just look at the anime, which apparently cannon, her lightning is blue while in the games it's gold. The developers who thought out her powers in 1 aren't around so the one there are interpreting things, not following through with them.

Well in the first game she's strong enough to knock Dante on his ass, impale him with his own sword and electrocute him to cause him intense pain. I don't recall any such feats in subsequent games. I honestly wasn't sure if the anime was canon or not. Fair enough, but it raises the question why she uses guns if her lightning can work just fine.

Last edited:

berto

I Saw the Devil
Kinda that. My point is that the people in charge now forget what was in the first game or they just don't know how to interpret them or reuse them. She hasn't exactly been a priority. In DMC2 they couldn't get Dante's attitude or fighting down how would they with Trish? DMC4 is a different mess, altogether, but it's sufficient to say that her powers didn't diminish, they're just not being executed right.

NessPSI

Tony Redgraaaave!
I sorta just went with the idea that there aren't many segments to include her using her abilities lately. She's mainly eye candy now(though I loath to say it) and rarely finds much use nowadays besides looking good off on the side. It's not far off to say that all of her abilities are still there, hence mvc and DMC4SE... Like Trish mocking Thor when it comes to thunder power and claiming to wear the pants in the relationshiop upon beating Dante...

berto

I Saw the Devil
though I loath to say it
Don't. It's true. With the ever increasing number of characters both Trish and Lady keep getting pushed to the side as nothing more than mandatory cameos, and a bit slutty to booth, which I don't really mind if at least they look stylish or interesting but that's not the case. With subsequent, if even existent, sequels they old characters will just sink further into the background.

If you want more out of Trish from the people who made her the only place I can really think I can think of is Viewtiful Joe and that's more parody than cannon.

Last edited:

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
If we go by animated series, she still posses all her powers + she can channel electicity though her guns.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
I think giving her Alastor would be the most effective thing to do since she can channel all of her lightning powers through that and those would be a lot more powerful.

Veloran

I think giving her Alastor would be the most effective thing to do since she can channel all of her lightning powers through that and those would be a lot more powerful.
This. Alastor fits Trish perfectly.
j7hfJDj.jpg

berto

I Saw the Devil
Sounds redundant. Give someone with lightning powers a lightning sword. It's like giving Iceman an freeze ray. Yeah, mathematically he's got more power now but doesn't add anything new to them. How about some fire and lightning or metal and thunder?

More of the same is just, well, more of the same.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
That’s the way in which Devil Triggers work within the DMC Universe though, isn’t it? Dante was given the power/ability of lightning from Alastor and the power/ability of fire from Ifrit. But he is a much more powerful demon than Trish, whom herself, has no actual Devil Arm of her own rightfully and nothing to help enhance her already existing powers of lightning. I wouldn’t say it’s redundant giving her the sword because she would be able to use it to greater her power and her strength and to channel her lightning through it.

berto

I Saw the Devil
But he is a much more powerful demon than Trish, whom herself, has no actual Devil Arm of her own
Not anymore. She has the Sparda sword, it doesn't get more powerful than that and it's her's now meaning that she is more powerful than Dante.

nothing to help enhance her already existing powers of lightning.
You make it sound like on a scale of 1 to 10 her lightning powers are a 1. She wasn't exactly a pushover to begin with. Yeah, adding voltage makes her more powerful but in terms of gameplay it's not very interesting in concept, just more voltage.

I wouldn’t say it’s redundant giving her the sword because she would be able to use it to greater her power and her strength and to channel her lightning through it.
Yeah, but she could do that with any metallic object. It's the same concept of giving a dragon a fire sword: Yeah, it's fitting and it adds to the effect but if you see a dragon with a fire sword you assume he came with it but if you see a fire dragon with a a water or ice sword you know there is a story behind that and there are more interesting combinations to be had.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
@berto: I’m not getting into an argument because I have far too much going on right now. But I do however disagree with you. And I will leave it at that.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Oh, no way. I'll believe that when I see it. Wielding a more powerful weapon doesn't automatically mean she herself is more powerful. I don't believe for a second she surpasses Dante. A fraction of a second, even.
Why do you think he gave it to her? Why do you think he let her keep it after 'resurrecting'? It's his way of being protective.

Besides, it's not as though being more powerful necessarily equates to better. Nero is far stronger than Dante in terms of brute strength yet for all his muscle he couldn't beat him in a straight fight.

@berto: I’m not getting into an argument because I have far too much going on right now. But I do however disagree with you. And I will leave it at that.
I hardly call it an argument. Discussion and disagreement tend to go hand in hand. But, you know, if you feel you had your say then I guess we can leave it at that.

devil_inside123

The devil in the dark
Not anymore. She has the Sparda sword, it doesn't get more powerful than that and it's her's now meaning that she is more powerful than Dante.
You make it sound like on a scale of 1 to 10 her lightning powers are a 1. She wasn't exactly a pushover to begin with. Yeah, adding voltage makes her more powerful but in terms of gameplay it's not very interesting in concept, just more voltage.

Yeah, but she could do that with any metallic object. It's the same concept of giving a dragon a fire sword: Yeah, it's fitting and it adds to the effect but if you see a dragon with a fire sword you assume he came with it but if you see a fire dragon with a a water or ice sword you know there is a story behind that and there are more interesting combinations to be had.
I agree with you on most things but never has just owning the sparda sword made them more powerful than Dante, both arkham and sanctum werent stronger than Dante and even then it gives you the power of sparda, a power that its sad Dante has surpassed. No matter how you look at it Trish isn't stronger than Dante and its never even been implied or hinted that she is.

berto

I Saw the Devil
I agree with you on most things but never has just owning the sparda sword made them more powerful than Dante, both arkham and sanctum werent stronger than Dante and even then it gives you the power of sparda, a power that its sad Dante has surpassed. No matter how you look at it Trish isn't stronger than Dante and its never even been implied or hinted that she is.
That's because the sword wouldn't respond to them. Arkham mutated and Sanctus even screamed out wanting to know why the sword wouldn't give him more power. It rejected them but not Trish.

devil_inside123

The devil in the dark
That's because the sword wouldn't respond to them. Arkham mutated and Sanctus even screamed out wanting to know why the sword wouldn't give him more power. It rejected them but not Trish.
But there's still that part about Dante surpassing sparda, and if Trish was even more powerful than Dante wouldn't it make more sense for her to deal with things such as the order or the villan from DMC2? And even then just having the sword doesn't give you spardas power, it can make you more powerful but it took an extremely strong emotional trigger for sparda's own flesh and blood I.e. Dante, to get sparda's power. And the entire series goes to great length to single out people related to sparda as being far above anyone who's not in terms of power

Top Bottom