• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Trish spin off game instead of a dmc5 with Dante or Nero

Would you be ok with it?

• Yes

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • No

Votes: 6 42.9%

• Total voters

IncarnatedDemon

Saying "Trish is not relevant" or "Trish is only there for Dante", is really a hollow point. The whole point of what i suggested is to make Trish more relevant.
To make her be more than what you all perceive her as.

To maybe actually say "I liked Trish's story and how she was presented in the game. Also the gameplay was awesome!".

So really whats your point with telling me that Trish is not relevant? If we go on this path i could say Vergil, Nero, and all others are irelevant because Dante is #1 character and hes always relevant.

Then well have
dmc5: Dante
dmc6: Dante
dmc7:Dante
dmc8:Dante
And yes i know it may not profit alot but thats why iam suggesting a modest but adequate budget to deliver good gameplay, a good character design and a story worth experiencing.

Look at Dante and Vergil. Do they play exactly the same way? No. And both of them are fun to play as.

So imagine playing as Trish where she isn't a bonus character but instead has her own arsenal with lightning, gunstyle and maybe a devil trigger.
New gameplay, new ideas.

But i agree, it may not be appropriate to make a Trish game right now. Maybe after dmc5.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Saying "Trish is not relevant" or "Trish is only there for Dante", is really a hollow point. The whole point of what i suggested is to make Trish more relevant.
To make her be more than what you all perceive her as.

To maybe actually say "I liked Trish's story and how she was presented in the game. Also the gameplay was awesome!".

So really whats your point with telling me that Trish is not relevant? If we go on this path i could say Vergil, Nero, and all others are irelevant because Dante is #1 character and hes always relevant.

But that's the thing; Nero and Vergil ARE relevant to Dante. They're related to him and therefore have the same height as Dante does for a spin-off game.

Trish is just there to be the hot female character that mirror's Dante in coolness for the female audience to admire and the male audience to oogle at. If a game that featured just Trish were made, it wouldn't do so well because Trish hasn't had enough character development before hand to make it on her own. She would first need Dante as a side character and then if the sales are good enough then she could go out on her own. But just all of a sudden doing a Trish game instead of a DMC5 would not only hurt the sales for Capcom, but would be yet another kick in the DMC fanbase balls because its another game without Classical Dante as the main character anymore.

IncarnatedDemon

Your speculating as usual. If a game with Trish is made and it was good, it would sell decent.

And it would not be a kick in the fanbase balls because for once capcom would then have listened to fans who want a Trish game.
The reboot was just listening to Keji Inafune.

Noone asked for it.

DragonMaster2010

Your speculating as usual. If a game with Trish is made and it was good, it would sell decent.

And it would not be a kick in the fanbase balls because for once capcom would then have listened to fans who want a Trish game.

Do you know how many of those fans wanted a Trish game compared to how many fans want a DMC5 with Dante as the main character?

The reboot was just listening to Keji Inafune.

Noone asked for it.

Just like not many are asking for a Trish game like they want a DMC5.

IncarnatedDemon

Just pointing out that making a Trish game would be listening to fans in contrast to reboot that was listening to Keji Inafune. So it's not a kick to the fans.
And if they do their job well, a dmc game with Dante will follow shortly.

DragonMaster2010

Just pointing out that making a Trish game would be listening to fans in contrast to reboot that was listening to Keji Inafune. So it's not a kick to the fans.
And if they do their job well, a dmc game with Dante will follow shortly.

But Like I said;

"How many fans want a Trish game next V.S. How many fans want a DMC5 game next."

IncarnatedDemon

But Like I said;

"How many fans want a Trish game next V.S. How many fans want a DMC5 game next."
More people want a game with Dante or Nero, but the fans also welcome a game with great gameplay and good story. And if capcom does make great Trish game, then fans will notice this, play it and wait for dmc5.

DragonMaster2010

More people want a game with Dante or Nero, but the fans also welcome a game with great gameplay and good story. And if capcom does make great Trish game, then fans will notice this, play it and wait for dmc5.

Yeah, but too bad there's one thing that would be missing.
DMC1_Dante.jpg

IncarnatedDemon

Yeah, but bad there's one thing that would be missing.
DMC1_Dante.jpg
Well yeah, but if the gameplay is great...people will be ok with fact Dante isn't in it. Plus since the budget would be relatively small it would have less impact on capcom's bank, allowing them to make a dmc5 sooner if Trish game does decent.

DragonMaster2010

Well yeah, but if the gameplay is great...people will be ok with fact Dante isn't in it. Plus since the budget would be relatively small it would have less impact on capcom's bank, allowing them to make a dmc5 sooner if Trish game does decent.

And if it doesn't...

IncarnatedDemon

And if it doesn't...
dmc fans love great gameplay, if that Trish game turns out as good as what i expect it to be, and as what every dmc fan expect from a dmc game, then more and more people will buy it after the word gets spread around.
Some people may be angry, but again...a good game can persuade most people.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Wouldn't a game with equally as good gameplay and story with Dante in it (or any other character of high demand like say Vergil, Sparda, or Nero) sell even more.

IncarnatedDemon

Wouldn't a game with equally as good gameplay and story with Dante in it (or any other character of high demand like say Vergil, Sparda, or Nero) sell even more.
It would, and i'd love to see that.
But this is just a suggestion from me, so that we can make the females more than placeholders.

I also think Vergil game is good idea too.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
It would, and i'd love to see that.
But this is just a suggestion from me, so that we can make the females more than placeholders.

I also think Vergil game is good idea too.

Simple make them playable and give them their own campaign. It worked out for Lucia and even Lady got a good character arc in DMC3 without even being playable.

No need to waste the series and fans time with a spin-off game that like I said before people will forget when the big hitter (DMC5, DMC6, the highly wanted Sparda game) comes out.

IncarnatedDemon

I don't think it's a waste. I'd love to see what they can pull off with a Trish game. But then again i don't think its a great idea to make it until after dmc5.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
That's fine. I don't think you'd be persuade until you see such gameplay in action. It would just be a spin off , not a new serie focusing on Trish.
Id have liked that but thats me :D

I guess I'll never be persuaded.

Well unless if they make her playable in a DMC game and she is better than Dante or the other characters.

I was impressed by her gameplay in DMC2 compared to Dante and Lucia.

IncarnatedDemon

I guess I'll never be persuaded.

Well unless if they make her playable in a DMC game and she is better than Dante or the other characters.

I was impressed by her gameplay in DMC2 compared to Dante and Lucia.
Again that's fine. I wouldn't mind any of the characters. But i sure would love to seen Trish in a great game!

Lightining gameplay :sleep:
Lightning_Demon_Trish_by_AlphaLunatic.jpg

Vinosh

DMC5 Trish protagonist is like Bayonetta.
DMC 5 Nero or Vergil protagonist wondering what kind of new weapons would be.

I played Bayonetta 1 million times.If would be DMC 5 a good game would than Bayonetta?

Top Bottom