• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Trish spin off game instead of a dmc5 with Dante or Nero

Would you be ok with it?

• Yes

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • No

Votes: 6 42.9%

• Total voters

IncarnatedDemon

Assuming that the project ambition is to make really good gameplay with fresh ideas and a decent story to make Trish more than she is at the moment.

Would you be ok with it and give the game a chance to persuade you to buy or play it through previews? Please vote :)

I would be more than okey with it. But then again i am a Trish fan. I am not a huge Mary fan, but i would be okey with a game with her as protaganist as well.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Yeah make a pretty good or decent story with what very little resources Trish has in her backstory would be rather hard at least Lady has stuff to work with especially have it revolve around her and have it be about her.

Why not just make a DMC5 with Trish as a playable character and her own campaign or have a role in the story rather than just occasionally popping up.

The only way I see this working is if it includes Lady as well and they teamed up.

IncarnatedDemon

I don't think they will have enough resources to give Trish a good story and gameplay alongside a Nero or Dante as main protaganists.

I rather have a Trish game with pretty good story and above standard gameplay, than play through poor story and not great gameplay as result of Trish being extra content in a dmc5.
In that case just scratch Trish off dmc5 so that the main protaganists, Nero or Dante, can get all the resources and their story and gameplay will be good.

Trish/Lady spin off could work, but i think it's same case as what i mentioned above. But if they can do Trish and Lady spin off and deliver good gameplay and story for both of them, then i am all for it.
But with a modest budget, i don't think that would be possible.

Trish's foundation would give story writers alot of freedom.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
I don't think they will have enough resources to give Trish a good story and gameplay alongside a Nero or Dante as main protaganists.

I rather have a Trish game with pretty good story and above standard gameplay, than play through poor story and not great gameplay as result of Trish being extra content in a dmc5.
In that case just scratch Trish off dmc5 so that the main protaganists, Nero or Dante, can get all the resources and their story and gameplay will be good.

Trish/Lady spin off could work, but i think it's same case as what i mentioned above. But if they can do Trish and Lady spin off and deliver good gameplay and story for both of them, then i am all for it.
But with a modest budget, i don't think that is wise.

Yeah but you got to admit a Trish game with only Trish will be rather dull or Trish just doesn't have enough material to carry entire game on their own while characters like Dante and Lady and even Nero does.

I mean they can do a game with Dante and Trish I mean they done it before with DMC2 with Dante and Lucia. Plus Trish unlike well everybody else character really depends on Dante since she was introduced into DMC1 til now only Dante made her relevant. Trish is one of those characters where by herself you can't do much with her.

However, I highly doubt Capcom will ever do a Trish only game since that is the least profitable and appealing decision they could do with the DMC franchise....perhaps the best you can hope for is a budget handheld title or a DLC chapter akin to Bladewolf, Sam, and Vergil DLC chapters. I mean if Team Ninja has yet to make an Ayane NG spin off but instead does a spin-off featuring a random as hell character that Ryu killed during a lunch break what chances of Capcom will set an example and make a game about a rather unpopular character versus a plethora of other more popular and important character.

Trish is a side character nothing else nothing more. Side characters don't get their own games.

IncarnatedDemon

It won't be dull if it's well done and makes Trish stand on her own ground as a character. The problem is really how to make a story that will be relevant to dmc serie and at same time makes Trish relevant to the story.
And i know it won't be largely profitable, that's why i think capcom should have small but adequate budget to deliver good gameplay, character design, and gameplay.

Before dmc4 happened and Nero was introduced, there was no fans of him. Now these fans are asking for a Nero sequel. How can you expect Trish to gain popularity if you just put her on the side and not work on her character, story and gameplay?

I'm positive if the gameplay style of Trish is good and is different from what we have seen before and that the story is written and presented well, people will start liking Trish.

When Demon Souls were made, the funder (Atlas) expected 75K copies to be sold, but the sales went above that. Demon Souls is a good example of a games with low-below medium budget that is enjoyed by people and gives good pay off.
They focused on what mattered for Demon Souls, and that lead to a good game.

They can do the same thing with a Trish game, and as result profit.
I am certain a Trish game will sell enough for capcom to profit if capcom does their job right.

berto

I Saw the Devil
If I were to make a Trish game I would make it story driven. The gameplay is long established and if I wanted new game mechanics I would focus on her lightning powers to compliment the gun/sword play. Electricity if a fascinating phenomena, it's powerful, destructive, it's all around us, and it influences so much from technology to natural matters like bio electric signals to magnetism. The proper application in gameplay could prove interesting.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
It won't be dull if it's well done and makes Trish stand on her own ground as a character. The problem is really how to make a story that will be relevant to dmc serie and at same time makes Trish relevant to the story.
And i know it won't be largely profitable, that's why i think capcom should have small but adequate budget to deliver good gameplay, character design, and gameplay.

Before dmc4 happened and Nero was introduced, there was no fans of him. Now these fans are asking for a Nero sequel. How can you expect Trish to gain popularity if you just put her on the side and not work on her character, story and gameplay?

I'm positive if the gameplay style of Trish is good and is different from what we have seen before and that the story is written and presented well, people will start liking Trish.

When Demon Souls were made, the funder (Atlas) expected 75K copies to be sold, but the sales went above that. Demon Souls is a good example of a games with low-below medium budget that is enjoyed by people and gives good pay off.
They focused on what mattered for Demon Souls, and that lead to a good game.

They can do the same thing with a Trish game, and as result profit.
I am certain a Trish game will sell enough for capcom to profit if capcom does their job right.

Well Nero was a brand new character who luckily starred in a game that was about him and the reason why he was so popular was due to him being in the game that only sold the most in the franchise, he was voiced by Johnny Yong Bosch who has a lot of prestige and yes a voice actor or actor can help a character's popularity, and it was still a DMC game the next DMC game that followed the critically acclaimed DMC3, and one other thing......DMC4 still had Dante in it. The game woudldn't have been as liked or popular if Dante wasn't in it......unless if all the money and resources that went into Dante went into Nero and DMC4 was a Nero only game with a Dante cameo.

So for Trish to receive enough popularity to get demand for her own game she'll need to have go through what Nero went through and co-star in a game with Dante or another pretty liked or popular character (Nero/Lady) so people can like her and her gameplay.

Plus that is ATLUS, this is Capcom granted Capcom still consider franchises like Ace Attorney and Sengoku Basara profitable enough to keep going and they have done spin offs of series like Resident Evil and MegaMan that didn't prove as successful as a main entry. Demon Souls was a new IP that was lets face it rather cheaply made and cut corners that I doubt a DMC game can cut to make it a good DMC game. Then again we got Ninja Gaiden Nintendo DS games that were................average for a handheld title and some God of War PSP games that were okay.

Then again won't the fact having a budget title just will just have them NOT be about Trish. I mean what would sell more a budget title about Trish or a budget title about Dante, Lady, Nero, or whoever with Trish? The only way a company like CAPCOM would consider a spin off for a character like Trish is if they're nice enough for the character not the fans or the series because the only person demanding a Trish only game is you. Unless you gather a rally and convince a group of like 100,000 people they want a Trish game and go see Capcom about it because I doubt Capcom even thinks fans wants a Trish game because fans aren't asking for a Trish game.....they're basically asking for everything else but a Trish game.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
Should a trish game be made with her as the main character i feel like the game would then be compared to bayonetta and that it would recieve unecessary comparions and judgements and that it would instantly be seen as a knock off

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Should a trish game be made with her as the main character i feel like the game would then be compared to bayonetta and that it would recieve unecessary comparions and judgements and that it would instantly be seen as a knock off

No it won't unless CAPCOM or whoever does it makes it similar to Bayonetta. I do see if PG does it then it will be compared to Bayonetta but then again I won't want PG or Kamiya make a Trish game. The fact that the person who made Trish, Kamiya, basically made her to represent Kamiya's sexual fantasy and the fact Kamiya is responsible with making.........well this....

Kamiya has shown to make decent male characters....................................................well with Dante and Joe being his only example but his female characters..........errrrrrr......I trust him with a Sparda, Dante, or even Nero game before I trust him with a game with females.

Granted Capcom or people from Capcom won't do a great job considering DMC4 but...................

Last edited:

berto

I Saw the Devil
The problem is really how to make a story that will be relevant to dmc serie and at same time makes Trish relevant to the story.
I don't see this as an issue. She's been there from the beginning, she can have her own independent story that doesn't have to revolve around Dante. I doubt she spends her life solely focusing on him and I doubt he'd want that for her. If you want a Trish game then it should be a game about her, not a game with her. I think the issue regarding story is more about what it should be about rather than how it involves other DMC established elements. If Dante is in there it should be because of his relation to her and not the other way around.

Trish wasn't just a Kamiya creation, she was also a Mikami character. She was meant to be a RE character and I think she should be approached in that manner. RE has had a few female leads so I think that with that it would help deter any comparisons. Besides, Bayonetta is more Dante than Trish, even if they are similarly dressed.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
I would still perfer a nero game with vergil back story and dante lady and trish as playable with seperate levels but thats just me

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
The idea that Trish was made to represent Dante's sexual desires is more a conjuncture of some fans than facts.Trish was in fact the representation of Kamiya's sexual fetishes( just like Bayonetta is) than Dante's. In fact Dante never interacts with her in a sexual manner after he found out she looked like his mother and followed her because of that and because of her promise about allowing him to get revenge .
If CD dramas are to believe after named the shop "Devils never cry", she disappeard constantly from there to go around the world in search of her own preys, leaving Dante and shop behind .Their partnership ended for work reasons.This is confirmed in Anime and they were never lovers as Cd dramas and DMC4 confirmed, having Dante comparing her personality treats with his mother's.
Since Trish traveled around the world and hunted some demons, maybe she has some stories to tell about her past that can be put on a game, but only Capcom knows...

TerrorA

Don't mess with a Mage, bitch.
The idea that Trish was made to represent Dante's sexual desires is more a conjuncture of some fans than facts.Trish was in fact the representation of Kamiya's sexual fetishes( just like Bayonetta is) than Dante's. In fact Dante never interacts with her in a sexual manner after he found out she looked like his mother and followed her because of that and because of her promise about allowing him to get revenge .
If CD dramas are to believe after named the shop "Devils never cry", she disappeard constantly from there to go around the world in search of her own preys, leaving Dante and shop behind .Their partnership ended for work reasons.This is confirmed in Anime and they were never lovers as Cd dramas and DMC4 confirmed, having Dante comparing her personality treats with his mother's.
Since Trish traveled around the world and hunted some demons, maybe she has some stories to tell about her past that can be put on a game, but only Capcom knows...

Plus, Dante's not the twin with an Oedipus Complex . Is he Vergil?

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
While is not too far from my mind that Kamiya was capable of doing it ( I mean, thinking someone's sexual fetish is his own mother), the situation was pretty much dropped in anime and latter games where they act more like "siblings" than a romantic pair.Their situation is not too far from DmC Dante/Kat.While some people could evoke Vj dinamics between characters, not only that game is non canon, but EVERYBODY in that game interacts romantically, even Sylvia and her twin sister Goldie, Alastor and Goldie ( and Alastor is only a Devil Arm), and so on.If you don't believe on me check TV tropes.
DMC Vergil shows Oedipus complex only towards his father, who he wishes surprass.DmC Vergil only has a inferiority complex.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Premium
Im not a huge trish fan but if they managed to get me interested in gameplay/story, you could put me down for maybe.

SugarMoon

It's One on One.
No it won't unless CAPCOM or whoever does it makes it similar to Bayonetta. I do see if PG does it then it will be compared to Bayonetta but then again I won't want PG or Kamiya make a Trish game. The fact that the person who made Trish, Kamiya, basically made her to represent Kamiya's sexual fantasy and the fact Kamiya is responsible with making.........well this....

Well ain't she just adorable <3

Caiden

If they did a spin off it would just be safer to do one about Nero. They already have gameplay to expand on and they could just tell the story of what he was doing during DMC2.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
A Trish game now would'nt be a good idea. People are desperately expecting a DMC5 right now so for them to do a Trish-only game instead would hurt their sales...again.

Plus Trish kinda sucks as a character. She's dull, she's pretty unattractive, and is only relivant because Dante is there.

Top Bottom