• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Trish and Lady DLC Or Special Edition Ideas

windleopard

Since we've had threads about Vergil and Lucia being playable in either DMC 5 DLC or a special edition, I figured we'd have one for Trish and Lady. I thought of giving them their own separate thread but given the ending of 5, I think it's safe to say they're kind of a package deal now and that might be too redundant any way.

So what are your ideas for a Trish and Lady DLC or special edition missions?

Also,
what do you think Trish's gameplay would be like now that she no longer has access to Sparda?

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I'd basically give them a new case post-game and have that be the focus. You could have them split up and try to one-up each other before having to team up and take down the bad guy.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
I’d give Alastor to Trish. I’ve always wanted her to wield that sword.

I’d set it just after the events of DMC 5 with them cleaning up any leftover demons in the city and such.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
I’d give Alastor to Trish. I’ve always wanted her to wield that sword.

I’d set it just after the events of DMC 5 with them cleaning up any leftover demons in the city and such.

But will Alastor still be around? Give Ifrit to Trish too if possible.

windleopard

According to an interview, Dante sold all the Devil Arms he'd acquired from the previous games to pay his bills. So Trish likely wouldn't have access to Alastor.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Trish can channel her lighting powers without sparda , sparda was only a melee weapon for her

So any weapon will do for her , gameplay wise if she plays like 4se I'd be happy

Wasn't a fan of lady gameplay so not as Interested in her being playable

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
With Alastor, you could always have Trish reobtain it due to buying it from them or she runs into the Alastor sword and Alastor chooses to go with her etc.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Alastor would only do the same thing she does from her body naturally

Alastor gives no lightning wielders lightning powers

So to Trish it would be a waste

She could channel her lighting through any devil arm making said devil arm do all the same stuff alastor already does

All she needs to do is have Nico make her a devil arm out of the remains of a dead demon general like she did with the breakers

And then use that with its functions and her own lightning and it would be quite powerful

windleopard

I'm ambivalent about Trish getting Alastor because it would reinforce the idea that nothing she has is truly hers.

Her face is Eva's. Her weapons were Sparda's. And with Alastor she gets a weapon that Dante once had.

I think a whip or whip sword would be a nice weapon for her and I'd swap out her guns for lightning bolts from her hands. I did like her melee movies from DMC4: SE so those would return as well.

Oh and give her a better designed Devil Trigger.

With Lady, I'd mostly keep the stuff from DMC4: SE but maybe add a machine gun. Also maybe a knife for melee combat.

Last edited:

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
I swear to this day nobody has ever agreed with me on Trish having Alastor. The sword is literally the Devil Arm of what used to be a lightning demon. I had always imagined that in the hands of someone that also uses lightning as their main power or as to whom that power naturally belongs it would only amplify their strength.

The lightning bolts out of the hands thing sounds super cool though and should definitely be her “firearms”, or should I say fire-hands.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
True but how epic would her using 2 serated swords , doing the spinning vortex with lightning charging all over her be

Or 540 degree spinning attack of death and lightning striking it from the sky as she does it

Ya okay I want her to use dual swords like Agni and rudra

Since she has lightning maybe one of the swords could channel wind and the other channel water

windleopard

I swear to this day nobody has ever agreed with me on Trish having Alastor. The sword is literally the Devil Arm of what used to be a lightning demon. I had always imagined that in the hands of someone that also uses lightning as their main power or as to whom that power naturally belongs it would only amplify their strength.

The lightning bolts out of the hands thing sounds super cool though and should definitely be her “firearms”, or should I say fire-hands.

Don't get me wrong, I see the logic of Trish getting Alastor. But as I said, there is the issue of her getting things other characters initially had. But perhaps there are some ways to salvage that. Looking at your post, I think one idea is if Trish unlocks abilities with it that no one else could due to her own lightning abilities. Like when she finds Alastor, it's shape changes and it gains new abilities. This combines my idea for a whip sword into it.

Actually, maybe Alastor would be the key to her new DT. Like how it was one of the keys to Dante's DT in DMC 1.

Last edited:

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I want Lady to have a weapon based off Artemisia- either the Artemis gauntlet or a mech suit Nico makes her etc.

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
Could be the job Morrison gives them in the post credits. Wouldn't mind it, but Trish is gonna need some new weapons. Since all she'll have is Luce and Ombra and her bare knuckles. Didn't think I was gonna like playing as Lady in DMC4, but it was fun ripping demons to sherds with her shotgun

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Didn't see this thread existed so I'll just re-quote my thoughts across than just repeat myself.

Speaking of the ol' "Trish is a big Oedipus Complex" meme, I consider it a wasted opportunity to not have a sub-plot around her finding an identity for herself which culminates in creating a new appearance (since we now know that she can casually change her form). It would actually give her character both relevance and agency beyond just being "Dante's partner".

But then DMC has always had that problem of characters introduced in one game just sorta hanging around not doing much afterwards, which plagues Lady as well. :unsure:
Basically, give Lady and Trish something to do, they were wasted in DMC5. :mad:

windleopard

Didn't see this thread existed so I'll just re-quote my thoughts across than just repeat myself.

Basically, give Lady and Trish something to do, they were wasted in DMC5. :mad:
I don't know how casually Trish can change her form. It seems she was just wearing a costume of sorts in DMC 4.

I do agree with the rest.

DarkSlayer54

If they add Vergil, Lady, or Trish... I want to see movesets that are more equal to Dante.

In Vergils case, getting a new weapon on top of beowolf and yamato... And Trish getting 3 new weapons, since she can't get ahold of Sparda anymore. All the weapons being packed to the brim with moves.

Having Hold, and Forward Back attacks as well. I'm disappointed that Dante's weapons aren't all filled up, especially with Balrog pointlessly using two modes when it could have just been one. It's a lot of work on their part, but I'm happy to pay upwards of 20 bucks for a character if their moveset rivels that of Dante's movesets.

Top Bottom