• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Traditional MMO Games Have Had Their Day

Dark Drakan

Admin
According to ArenaNet and Guild Wars head the days of the same old formula for MMO's should come to an end now. I would have to agree, im tired of seeing MMO games that are just clones of each other with some tweaked systems involved and bringing nothing new to the table, we need some more innovation!

Jeff Strain said:
You've heard us and ArenaNet saying for a long time that what the industry needs is innovation. We don't need another EverQuest clone", Strain told CVG when we caught up with him recently, adding that he hopes that the traditional MMO has had its day. Not because I think it's an awful game design, but because I think there are games out there that have polished it to the point that it's seen its ultimate expression. I hope that the development teams that are out there making MMOs don't keep trying to make any more a polished version of that same game. hope what they're doing instead is saying, 'How can we try something new? How can we bring more innovation into the industry?

NCSofts executive producer had similar things to say about it too:

Richard Garriott said:
think from now on you're going to see people really doing the important work of innovating in other areas.

Lets hope this means that newer MMO's will be trying new things and finally bring some innovation and interest back to the genre that is quickly becoming stale.

Read Whole Article Here: Jeff Strain: traditional MMO "has had its day" - CVG.com

Top Bottom