• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Top 5 Favorite Game Companies

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
Title says it all. Pick your top five!

Top 5 Favs for me.

1. Epic Games - Thanks for Gears of War
2. Bungie - Thanks for Halo
3. id - Thanks for EVERYTHING. Doom, Quake, Wolfenstein...and probably Rage too.
4. Capcom - Devil May Cry ftw!
5. Valve - Half-Life was awesome in my opinion.

The ones that didn't make it, but are up there.

1. From Software - Armored Core is great, but the company isn't really superb in my eyes.
2. Monolith - Only game I really like from 'em is FEAR
3. BioWare - Mass Effect was great! But it's not one of my absolute faves.
4. Blizzard - Starcraft was great, and Starcraft 2 blew my mind, but the company doesn't quite get it down for me.
5. THQ - They do great Warhammer and Warhammer 40,000 games...but there are just little things that bug me about them.

If there's already a thread like this, then I'm blind an' stuff

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
Top Five Favorite Developers:

1. Square Enix - Final Fantasy VII, the game that made me the gamer I am today. Regardless of the current mainstream reception of their current games or of the company themself, Square Enix always made games that I loved, and one of the few developers who make near flawless games which touch me so.

2. Capcom - One of the few publishers/developers that has great games spanning in all genres. You have Devil May Cry, Resident Evil, Street Fighter, Breath of Fire (personally don't care for the series but w/e), Mega Man, Sengoku Basara, Darkstalkers, etc. Their name has almost become a household name like Nintendo. People know what Capcom is, cause there is at least one game that Capcom made or published that nearly every gamer has played at least once. And unlike EA, alot of their games are like embedded into gaming hall of fame.

3. Rockstar - Pretty much one of the most influential western developer/publisher current. Grand Theft Auto III invented the open world sandbox games, which Morrowind, Oblivion, Fallout 3, Mafia series, True Crime series, hell even the Yakuza series and a bunch of other ****ty made sandbox crime games ape from. With their games, they also push the limits by including many controversial elements that made many non-gamers want to ban their games (Manhunt WAS banned from a few countries I do believe). So kudos for third spot.

4. Sega - Yes, Sega, even though they are made of fail now, were pretty much toe to toe with almighty Nintendo back in the day. They made such classics like Sonic the Hedgehog...the first video game I've ever played, Phantasy Star, Streets of Rage, Shinobi, and Virtua Fighters. They are also such, household names as well. However, in like the past decade they pretty much ****ed up their mascot, Sonic, and made him the joke of the gaming industry while making dumb ass moves in the industry which would totally derail the topic if discussed. But, old Sega is still in my heart...always...R.I.P. old Sega.

5. Konami - Actually, I dont care much for Konami too much at all, but I added them because of one game series that I'm such a nerd over...Metal Gear Solid. Need no more explanation.

Meg

Oh my. Well Naughty Dog for making so many great games. As well as Insomniac. Hmmm...and I suppose Capcom for DMC and Viewtiful Joe. Oh! And Sucker Punch. :)

Not sure about a fifth though. Hmmm...

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
Meg;290084 said:
Oh my. Well Naughty Dog for making so many great games. As well as Insomniac. Hmmm...and I suppose Capcom for DMC and Viewtiful Joe. Oh! And Sucker Punch. :)

Not sure about a fifth though. Hmmm...

LOL, I noticed you like the Sony family of devs huh lmao.

I do too.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Valve - Team Fortress 2 kicks ass.

DICE - You can call the Frostbite engine a poorly optimised piece of crap if you like, but the Battlefield series easily tops any FPS series currently going.

Bioware - KOTOR, Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Baldur's Gate, Jade Empire. 'Nuff said.

Bethesda - Oh BethSoft...Your games are are glitchy, your primary game engine is a steaming, buggy pile of crap, but you know what? I've never seen a developer so committed to creating massive, expansive RPGs before.

Gearbox - Brothers in Arms, Borderlands and FINALLY giving us a release of Duke Nukem Forever. They're also damn committed to their customers with constant patch updates.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
List is in no particular order:
Lionhead (Fable)
Sega (Sonic)
Konami (Castlevania)
Crystal Dynamics (Legacy of Kain.. well, that's what they did until Tomb Raider came along)
Cr@p... *cough* I mean Capcom (Devil May Cry... Thats it... Had it not been for that, they wouldn't have made it on the list)

Satsui no Hado

BUY ONE THOUSAND GIFTS!!!
5.Rare(The old rare)
4.Rock Star Games
3.Konami
2.Tie between Square Enix and Capcom
1.Tie between Sony and Nintendo

Meg

Esura;290087 said:
LOL, I noticed you like the Sony family of devs huh lmao.

I do too.

Well I have played PlayStation consoles since I was five. =]

For my fifth spot...maybe Ubisoft or Bethesda.

EDIT: Oh Oh Oh! Guerilla Games for Killzone! :wub: Ubisoft and Bethesda are still up there though.

Top Bottom