• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Top 5 Favorite game character

Sparda™

Filling in...

1 - Albert Wesker (Resident Evil)
Probably my most favorite antagonist in any game series. He's cold, ruthless, egotistical in stratospheric levels, stylish, intelligently scary, dresses in black and wields his sunglasses even in dark pitch atmospheres. Machiavelli got nothing on Albert.

2 - Sparda (Devil May Cry)
Victorian-esque, slicked back platinum hair, sexy and handsome in the outside, but devilish and dark in the inside. Although coming from dark origins, his heart is as pure or even more purer than that of a celestial being. His story is a legend and he's a living legend. I'm eager to see what will Capcom do with this awesome character and will they use It in future games of the franchise.

3 - Raiden (Metal Gear Solid)
His flamboyant and seemingly androgynous appearance at first was met with negative reception by most fans, but as Hideo stated himself, It was his favorite character from the series - he truly is awesome. The back-story got me involved and his role in the series was truly vital to keep the series' interest running. MGS4 gave us a Gray Fox descendant, which made me love him even more. Can't wait for Metal Gear Solid: Rising.

4 - Jin Kazama (Tekken)
When I got my hands on Tekken 3, I believed a game without Kazuya would suck. Instead, It turned out to be an epic game - in fact, as said universally by all fans and critics - best Tekken ever so far. The character's story is quite sad, and seems the ones making his life a living hell are his own bloodline related individuals - his father and his grandfather - respectively Kazuya and Heihachi Mishima. Although fighting games don't rely too heavily in storyline details but in games, this character has amazed me even more.

5 - Rayne (BloodRayne)
Voluptuous as she is, sensual, red-haired, with a tight black leather around her as her silver-like blades mesmerize her figure even more to the curious ones. Vampires are fascinating, but she goes beyond that. Easily, she tops any other female character I can think of.

Leonhart.

Flawless Assassin
1st Dante [Devil May Cry Series]

2nd Leon S Kennedy [Resident Evil 5]<- I mean RE4:p

3rd Squall Leonhart [Final Fantasy VIII]

4th Marluxia [Kingdom hearts]

5th Luke Fon Fabre [Tales of the Abyss]

aka958

Don't trust people
^ I never saw Leon in RE5, is he in the merceneries game?

It ain't fun if someone steals lines from another game, that is actally a minus for me.

I gotta agree with Sparda's description on Albert Wesker.

Sparda™

aka958;198823 said:

Nah, Leon is not in RE5.

aka958;198823 said:
It ain't fun if someone steals lines from another game, that is actally a minus for me.

Glad there's someone who agrees with me on this.

aka958;198823 said:

Thank you.

Also, what did you think of my other descriptions?

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
aka958;198823 said:

Well, it can't be helped, since Hideki Kamiya is the director of Bayonetta, who is also the director of Resident Evil 2, Okami and Devil May Cry. Either way, I still think it is cool that she said that line.:)

Zato-OW

King
But how do you steal from yourself? Capcom is just a brand, the developers are the real artist. I mean DMC,RE4,Viewtiful Joe and Okami were all his creations and Capcom just paid him to make it under their name. Which they all have liners/references in that game(I think Viewtiful Joe and DMC has the most.) I think a better word would be "rehashing" instead of "stealing" in this situation. I mean in DMC3, Dante stole some lines from Spider-Man which I found funny.

aka958

Don't trust people
^ Now i can never look up to Dante like i did before!

I can't exactly talk about your three last ones Sparda because of i have just played tekken 3 a few times, i've only seen metal gear solid on youtube a little and never heard of bloodrayne before.
But your description on Sparda, i can't say he is sexy and handsome but maybe he is looking cool and looks just plain awesome, everything else in there i agree with :D .

Ember To Inferno

Eternal Rest
Hmmm...if I had to pick

1. Dante - He trolls his enemies XD

2. Cloud - Omni Slash FTW

3. Albert Wesker - Those sunglasses in RE5 did it for me lol

4. Ragna The Bloodedge - From Blazblue; He reminds me of Dante, relaxed, cool, and a joker. But when ****ed, he gets serious XD

5. Haku-Men - Also from Blazblue, he is supposedly a "Hero"; Yet he attacks people for just getting in his way, but also respects people....A nice a hole? Lol idk, if you ever play Blazblue you'll see o.o

Keaton

Premium
Hm, tough tough choices...

1. Dante/Vergil
2. Sonic the Hedgehog
3. Link (**Hero of Time)
4. Leon Kennedy
5. Ezio Auditoire de Firenze

Other candidates...

Samus Aran (Metroid)
Bayonetta/Cereza (Bayonetta)
Professor Layton (Curious Village)
Haken Browning (SRT: OGS-Endless Frontier)
Issac Clarke (Dead Space)
The Prince (Sands of Time Trilogy)
Jackie Estacado‎ (The Darkness)

aka958

Don't trust people
Ezio, isn't that Assasins creed 2?

Link... He got the most twisted storyline ever, which is a plus, and no one knows how he sounds when he talks which gives you creativity to find a voice for him. Also he is the hero of time :D . Maybe he should have been in my list.

Keaton

Premium
aka958;199781 said:
Ezio, isn't that Assasins creed 2?

Link... He got the most twisted storyline ever, which is a plus, and no one knows how he sounds when he talks which gives you creativity to find a voice for him. Also he is the hero of time :D . Maybe he should have been in my list.

Ezio is from Assassins Creed II, he's far more fleshed out than Altair.

As for Link, as much as I loved Wind Waker's Hero of the Winds, the story in Ocarina of Time and Majoras Mask captivated me completely, I'm still trying to find games that make me feel the way I did when I played them. A truly amazing pair. ^_^

SuperDante

Legendary Demon Hunter
Dante - DMC Series

Albert Wesker - RE Series

Kratos - GOW Series

Nemesis - RE3 (I always love The Nemesis - Staarrsss!!!)

William Birkin - RE2 (God I miss them days LOL)

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
1. Vergil
2. Vergil
3. Vergil
4. Vergil
5. Vergil

Seriously...
1. Vergil
2. Raziel (Legacy of Kain)
3. Eric LeCarde (Castlevania: Bloodlines/The New Generation)
4. Jin Kazama (Tekken 3 0nwards)
5. Bayonetta

aka958

Don't trust people
Keaton;199783 said:
Ezio is from Assassins Creed II, he's far more fleshed out than Altair.

As for Link, as much as I loved Wind Waker's Hero of the Winds, the story in Ocarina of Time and Majoras Mask captivated me completely, I'm still trying to find games that make me feel the way I did when I played them. A truly amazing pair. ^_^

Ocarina of time and Majoras mask is also my favorites, for graphical reasons i hate wind waker and i haven't played Twilight Princess so i dunno about that one. Ocarina of time had the most epic quest and awesome bosses and Majoras Mask had that scary Majoras theme.

Keaton

Premium
^I actually enjoyed the Wind Waker art style, a game doesn't need to be hyper-realistic to be captivating ^^
I found that Cel-Shaded Link was far more emotive than Link on the 64, plus it did seem to create a far greater atmosphere in comparison to its 64 counterparts. ^^

I'm also tempted to put in Jade from Beyond Good & Evil ^^

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
Ooooooh
Hmmmmmm

Dante
Kazuya Mishima (Tekken)
King of Cosmos (Katamari)
Dizzy (Guilty Gear)
Riku (Kingdom Hearts)

Top Bottom