• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Top 30 Anime Titles and Anime Reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Post 30 anime titles you like and give some comments and reviews why you like the anime...I know this is too much but there are too many animes which are good...

Animes which has multiple seasons or movies or OVAs are counted in one anime title...

My Top 30 Animes...
01.Rurouni Kenshin (TV Series and OVAs)
02.Code Geass (Season 1 and Season 2)
03.Devil May Cry (TV Series)
04.Fate/stay night (TV Series)
05.Slam Dunk (TV Series and Movies)
06.Eyeshield 21 (TV Series)
07.Full Metal Panic (Season 1,Season 2,Season 3,and OVA)
08.Fullmetal Alchemist (TV Series and Movie)
09.Death Note (TV Series and TV Special)
10.Bleach (TV Series,Movies and OVAs)
11.Dragon Ball (Season 1,Season 2,Season 3)
12.Jigoku Shoujo (Season 1 and Season 2)
13.Fruits Basket (TV Series)
14.Chobits (TV Series)
15.School Rumble (Season 1,Season 2 and OVA)
16.Sousei no Aquarion (TV Series and OVAs)
17.Mobile Suit Gundam Seed (Season 1 and Season 2)
18.The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (TV Series)
19.Karin (TV Series)
20.Air Gear (TV Series)
21.Vandread (Season 1,Season 2 and OVA)
22.Zero no Tsukaima (Season 1 and Season 2)
23.Neon Genesis Evangelion (TV Series and Movies)
24.Final Fantasy VII Advent Children (Movie)
25.Black Cat (TV Series)
26.Blood + (TV Series)
27.Yakitate Japan!! (TV Series)
28.Great Teacher Onizuka (TV Series)
29.Persona ~Trinity Soul~ (TV Series)
30.Eureka Seven (TV Series)

Most of the animes i stated i have them on DVD except Persona ~Trinity Soul~,Dragon Ball,Dragon Ball Z,Eyeshield 21 (Episode 66 and so on),Bleach (Episode 129 and so on),Yakitate Japan!!,Jigoku Shoujo Sesaon 1 and Gundam Seed Destiny.i watched them at TV or online.:)

Rurouni Kenshin
(TV series and OVA)

sdscf1.jpg

One of the best 90s anime.I love the action and their own funny jokes.Many episodes but very fulfilling to the end.The artwork is great eventhough it was an old anime form 90s.However,the anime starts losing it's way,artwork,and story after the Kyoto Arc for unknown reason.The fans starts disliking it and they cancel he anime before he Jinshu arc is animated.it is a shame,really to cancel a great anime like that.An anime full of action,comedy,and romantic elements...Love the songs from the anime.

The OVAs is a different matter.i do not like the artwork style as it has changed to more human like.I like the story but really hates the OVAs character artworks.If they retain the artwork from the TV series,it will be damn good as the story itself is emotional...

Favourite Theme Songs - Sobakasu by Judy and Mary,The Heart of Sword by T.M. Revoution,Kimi Ni Fureru Dake De by CURIO,The Fourth Avenue Cafe by L'Arc~en~Ciel.

Code Geass (Season 1 and Season 2)

anime010ch4.jpg

A good brand new anime.Love the OP song COLORS by FLOW.This anime features really cool and nice characters.The mecha design is really good.The story itself is thrilling and good.Got to admit Lelouch is one of the coolest character and C.C the most cutest girl ever in anime.However,the story is not complete and Season 2 will be shown on 4th April.This anime deserves the Anime of the Year award.However,i don;t like winding and continously long story of anime like Bleach,Eyeshield 21,Naruto,etc...As it is a waste of time and makes people eager to watch it...I more like completed story in one season,doesn't care how many episodes (maybe 50 episodes is enough)...Hopes the Season 2 will be better than Season 1...

Favourite Theme Song - COLORS by FLOW,Kaidoku Funou by JINN.

Devil May Cry
(TV Series)

danteanimewz7.jpg

My favourite anime adaptation from a game.Dante is stylish in this anime.However,the story is basically almost nothing except for the last 2 episodes.This anime shows how Lady and Trish met.This anime is too short,which makes Gungrave,another video game adaptation from anime is longer and fulfilling.It is a mistake that Madhouse produces this anime.Capcom should be the ones who animated it.Who knows,it may become better.it will be damn good if Capcom turns the Devil May Cry anime into Cg film,like FFVII AC.It will be better than FFVII AC if the DMC is developed in a CG film...

Favourite Theme Songs - d.m.c by Rungran,I'll Be Your Home by Oikawa Rin,FUTURE IN MY HANDS by Aimee B.

Fate/stay night (TV Series)

gewsj5.jpg

An anime adapted from an adult Japanese game.The storyline is good,but it feels like too fast paced.The action scenes in this anime is undoubted is one of the best anime fighting scenes.The characters are well developed,and this anime has surprisingly few funny scenes.This anime should be lengthened at least 30 episodes or more so that it will be better.Also,the female characters in the anime are cute and beautiful...

Favourite Theme Songs - disillusion by Tainaka Sachi,Anata ga Ita Mori by Jyukai

Slam Dunk
(TV Series)

23ed7.jpg

My all time favourite sports anime.This anime's artwork is good,has nice storylin and follows exactly like the manga included a lot of new filler episodes.however,the anime stops before the National Tournament Arc,which really makes me sad.This old school anime is good,really suitable for basketball players.This anime is full of comedic scenes which really makes you laugh hard.

Favourite Theme Songs - Kimi ga Suki da to Sakebitai by BAAD

Eyeshield 21 (TV Series)

xxx10yc2.jpg

This is also good sports anime,an American Football anime.Very nice artwork,nice songs,nice storyline,and nice actions.Also filled with many comedic scenes.The only problem with this anime is that it is still going on till this very day.

Favourite Theme Songs - BREAKTHROUGh by Coming Century,Goal by Arashiro Beni,Be SURVIVOR by ZZ,Dang Dang by ZZ,BLAZE LINE by BACK-ON,flower by BACK-ON.

Full Metal Panic (Season 1,Season 2,and Season 3)

xxx4pc2.jpg

A very funny yet full of action anime.A very comedic anime.Very nice artworks,nice storyline and nice songs.A must watch for mecha,romantic,and action fans.

Favourite Theme Songs - Sore Ga Ai Deshou? by Shimokawa Mikuni,Minami Kaze by Shimokawa Mikuni,Kimi Ni Fuku Kaze by Shimokawa Mikuni.

More anime reviews will be writen...:)

EmotionsUntold

Unloved Someone
Re: Top 25 Anime Titles and Anime Reviews

Wow! I don't even think I have that many!! Ummmm... lemme thinky...

1. Death Note (TV Series)
2. Chrono Crusade (TV Series)
3. Blood+ (TV Series)
4. Devil May Cry (Special?)
5. Bleach (TV Series)
6. Final Fantasy VII Advent Children (Movie)
7. D.N.Angel (Special?)
8. Fruits Basket (TV Series)
9.Shugo Chara (TV Series)
10. Full Metal Alchemist (TV Series)
11. Inuyasha (TV Series)
12. Air Gear
13. Card Captor Sakura (Come on... can't beat a classic!)
14. Digimon (Season 1)
15. Sailor Moon
16. Gundam
17. Trinity Blood
18. Hellsing
19. Persona ~Trinity Soul~
20. Zoids
21. Rurouni Kenshin
22. Ghost in The Shell
23. Aquarion
24. Angelic Layer
25. oh come on!! I almost had it!!!

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer

asia22292;73304 said:
Wow! I don't even think I have that many!! Ummmm... lemme thinky...

1. Death Note (TV Series)
2. Chrono Crusade (TV Series)
3. Blood+ (TV Series)
4. Devil May Cry (Special?)
5. Bleach (TV Series)
6. Final Fantasy VII Advent Children (Movie)
7. D.N.Angel (Special?)
8. Fruits Basket (TV Series)
9.Shugo Chara (TV Series)
10. Full Metal Alchemist (TV Series)
11. Inuyasha (TV Series)
12. Air Gear
13. Card Captor Sakura (Come on... can't beat a classic!)
14. Digimon (Season 1)
15. Sailor Moon
16. Gundam
17. Trinity Blood
18. Hellsing
19. Persona ~Trinity Soul~
20. Zoids
21. Rurouni Kenshin
22. Ghost in The Shell
23. Aquarion
24. Angelic Layer
25. oh come on!! I almost had it!!!

there are 6 more anime titles you can put in...remember,i edited to 30 animes...

Crimson Red Knight

master of the blade

i havent even heard of half of those..lol, personally the only anime's im interested in these days are bleach, dmc, and naruto, i use to be a big dragon ball fan...untill gt came along

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer

NERO116;73331 said:
i havent even heard of half of those..lol, personally the only anime's im interested in these days are bleach, dmc, and naruto, i use to be a big dragon ball fan...untill gt came along

good point...i like Dragon Ball GT,but i like Dragon Ball Z more as the story and action is much nicer...i prefer Bleach more than Naruto because it seems the Naruto seems to lose the touch while Bleach still has it even though has many episodes...Personally,i don't like winding,too long and continously anime unless it is nice,like Bleach,Eyeshield 21,etc...:)

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective

30? It's nearly impossible:lol: Anyway, I'll try to put some, however I won't put them in liking order but a random one. I'm not that good in reviews so you'll have to excuse me. I'll write what I think of them instead;)

Code Geass Hangyaku no Lelouch (I won't say Season 2 as well, since many sequels kinda suck and I'll wait until I see it.). This anime is just my type. It has almost everything inside, but doesn't overuse anything, making all these tie beautifully with each other. However, not everyone likes it. I've introduced it to 7+ people and half of them couldn't even stand the first episode. However for me it's really nice. I could totally get into Lelouch's way of thinking (it's not that far from my own sometimes) whether it was his actions or his reasons. Also as I seem to mention quite a lot of times these days, C.C. is love:p I had a signature with her (some of you may remember commenting that I had a green signature in "Person Above You":lol: for quite some time^^.

Ergo Proxy
Definitely one of the anime which need you to sit down and watch it with interest. I've heard that it's difficult to relax while watching it(meaning most people think that it isn't what someone may watch after a tiring day) and they may be right, but that's not the case for me. It involves many nice messages inside each of the episodes. The characters there are also very nice. I don't have a favorite, but that doesn't mean much. However it's kinda hardcore, I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

Gankutsuou ~ An anime based on the count of Monte Cristo. As it's my favorite movie, I would of course be a fan of the anime as well. The Count is one of the most well-thought characters ever. The artword and the pace of the anime are what may make some people either love it or hate it. However, the pace starts building up speed while nearing the last episodes, which really increases the suspense while avoiding annoying things like cliffhangers and stuff like that. If you're a fun of Monte Cristo I definitely recommend it.

Kigeki An anime that lasts 10 minutes. But trust me, every minute counts. Nothing else to add.

Mushishi One of the best anime ever made for me. It's the only anime that has Stand-alone episodes and not one episode connects with the others much, but still it's wonderful. Mushi are a new kind of lifeform. Something between animals and spirits. And we see and learn about them through Ginko. The main character, which is really cool.

Noein - Mou Hitori no Kimi e Epic. Alternative realities, different worlds, change of the future. If you like that stuff you're for Noein.

I may add some titles later. It's not something I can decide right away:lol:

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer

^plz take your time...reviews are more like what you are thinking about...it is your own opinion,not others...the numbers that i put at my top animes is not the increasing likeness of anime,i also put them randomly...

Ergo Proxy - A very good anime....very violent,but not as violent as Elfen Lied or Gantz...not suitable for underages...

Gankutsuou - Is not bad.But i wish it continues more...

Kigeki - one of the shortest anime movie i ever watched.wish it was longer but it was good on it's own way..

Mushishi - not my favourite but kind of good one.i like the live action movie but prefered the anime more.could be the most interesting historical fantasy anime but not something i like...

Noein - pretty interesting anime with it's concept of "timespace".still,this anime may makes some people gets confused with the character's in the anime actions.Which may change the future,present or past.

oh yeah,tony...do you watch Gantz and Elfen Lied...?

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
I've watched Elfen Lied (and after it ended I continued in the manga). Lucy is great^_^
However I haven't watched Gantz.
Two things to add.
1) I edited the title of the thread as to say 30.
2)Rep+ for the nice thread mate;)

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Tony_Redgrave;73360 said:
I've watched Elfen Lied (and after it ended I continued in the manga). Lucy is great^_^
However I haven't watched Gantz.
Two things to add.
1) I edited the title of the thread as to say 30.
2)Rep+ for the nice thread mate;)

Thank you 4 being kind...rep+ to you too...Gantz is a very interesting anime,full of violence,and has some explicit *ahem* scenes...the anime is differ from the manga as it was both made on the same time.The manga still continues,though.The anime has a cliffhanger ending,which makes your own imagination to speculate.The theme of this anime is "Death".not for underages,really...:)

Crimson Red Knight

master of the blade

Chaos Master;73333 said:
good point...i like Dragon Ball GT,but i like Dragon Ball Z more as the story and action is much nicer...i prefer Bleach more than Naruto because it seems the Naruto seems to lose the touch while Bleach still has it even though has many episodes...Personally,i don't like winding,too long and continously anime unless it is nice,like Bleach,Eyeshield 21,etc...:)

yeah, that is another good point..although ive noticed that the only reason alot of ppl seem to shy away from naruto is because they dont have the privlage of having money to go buy the uncut japanese dubbed box sets...wich believe it or not bleach has too..lol, basicly most of the episodes we see are dulled down because of cencership laws..but certain stores are given legal right to sell the uncut stuff because they rate it either "M" or "AO" depending on how bad it is

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer

NERO116;73805 said:
yeah, that is another good point..although ive noticed that the only reason alot of ppl seem to shy away from naruto is because they dont have the privlage of having money to go buy the uncut japanese dubbed box sets...wich believe it or not bleach has too..lol, basicly most of the episodes we see are dulled down because of cencership laws..but certain stores are given legal right to sell the uncut stuff because they rate it either "M" or "AO" depending on how bad it is

yeah..English dubbed animes always like that.Yu-Gi-Oh,Bleach,Naruto and etc...i usually buy the Japanese version with English subs DVD to fully enjoy the anime...didn't mean to offend to you American guys...:)

Crimson Red Knight

master of the blade
lol, oh its not a matter of offense..even we americans know that the american versions suck..i dont watch the american versions...i only watch the first episode in american so i can decide wether it's worth my time and then go buy the japanese box set...all anime is better when its uncut

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
NERO116;73830 said:
lol, oh its not a matter of offense..even we americans know that the american versions suck..i dont watch the american versions...i only watch the first episode in american so i can decide wether it's worth my time and then go buy the japanese box set...all anime is better when its uncut

true...thx man...

EmotionsUntold;73633 said:
I didn't put mine in liking order... just the order they came to mind in... those are all the animes I've watched :\

put randomly is ok...

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Fullmetal Alchemist (TV Series and Movie)

xxx9qy2.jpg

A nice touching,comedic and action anime.The anime is different from manga,because both are going on the same time.However,the anime's artwork are nicer.However,this anime's philosophy is too deep for younger people.Nice songs to hear and nice storyline.The movie is not bad,but could have done better.

Favourite Theme Songs - Kesenai Tsumi by Kitade Nana,Ready Steady Go by L~Arc~en~Ciel,Rewrite by ASIAN Kung Fu Generation.

Death Note (TV Series and TV Special)

xxx3ny3.jpg

Another good anime.The storyline is indeed good and the characters are well developed.This anime has good mysterious storyline and nice occult stuffs.This anime follows the manga closely,with added stuffs and some differences.However,this anime has raised some people to become real killers all over the world.you can check at Wikipedia for more information.

The Live action movies are nice,but i prefer the first movie.The TV special s nice too as there are few extra scenes to watch.i am looking forward for L: Change the WorLd's DVD,as i heard the movie features Near and Mello,i heard.

Favourite Theme Songs - the WORLD by Nightmare,Alumina by Nightmare

Bleach (TV Series and Movies)

xxx2tc7.jpg

A very good anime..nice action,nice comedic scenes...also,nice hot girls and cool guys...love the action and storyline,but i didn't like it as it is taking too long to finish the whole series to make the fans eager and to make money fast.this anime is better than Naruto to me.I like the movies as the they have nice storylines.

Favourite Theme Songs - *~Asterisk~ by Orange Range,D-tecnoLife by UVERworld,Houki Boshi by Younha,My Pace by SunSet Swish,ALONES by Aqua Timez,Kansha by RSP,Sen no Yoru wo Koete by Aqua Timez.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Awesome additions. I'd like to say that FMA Manga follows a different (and more interesting in my opinion) storyline than the anime. But the anime itself is a work of art. I especially like the Movie which was the true end of the TV series.

As for Death Note, it's a rare diamond. Especially the 25 first episodes. The second season "hurried" a bit, making it look like the people where picking up facts randomly which isn't exactly the case.

As for my case, I'd like to offer some words about:

Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu ~ also known as The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya or just Haruhi. Without saying much, is the story about the girl in my signature the past months. (Ok I changed recently but I used Haruhi again so you get the point:p ).
The story goes like this according to Anime Database:

Based on Nagaru Tanigawa`s "Suzumiya Haruhi" series of novels and illustrated by Noizi Ito.

A far from ordinary school story starts here!

This is a story of Suzumiya Haruhi, who upon enrollment at school announced, "I have no interest in ordinary humans. If there are any aliens, beings from the future, or super-humans, come see me. That is all!"

Naturally, any normal person would think "What the...?" but Haruhi is dead serious. Things get crazy when everyone realizes just how serious she is about it all and establishes the "SOS Dan".

Suzumiya Haruhi is a good-looking high school girl who has a clear head, naughty personality and very egocentric thought. She has an unimaginably tremendous power to change the world, but she is totally unaware of her own power and so she is also unaware of the effect of her power on the outside world.

A delightfully strange, yet marvelously interesting story!

What I have to say:
It's an interesting anime with lots of interesting characters. Basically, it has no plot, it just follows Haruhi's whims.:lol: (Nah it does have a plot, but it isn't as important as its primary target is to make us enjoy the whole thing). The episodes where shown randomly by the way. Making you go like "What the hell is this? It must be the effect of the gate. Sorry kid, this is gonna have to wait".
And especially the 1st episode will freak you out. (Although some people prefer it more than the rest:p ).

It certainly isn't an anime for everyone, neither is it liked by its fans for the same reasons, but I'd still say to everyone who hasn't seen it. "C'mon, give it a chance. You may end up liking it.";)

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Tony_Redgrave;75823 said:
Awesome additions. I'd like to say that FMA Manga follows a different (and more interesting in my opinion) storyline than the anime. But the anime itself is a work of art. I especially like the Movie which was the true end of the TV series.

As for Death Note, it's a rare diamond. Especially the 25 first episodes. The second season "hurried" a bit, making it look like the people where picking up facts randomly which isn't exactly the case.

As for my case, I'd like to offer some words about:

Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu ~ also known as The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya or just Haruhi. Without saying much, is the story about the girl in my signature the past months. (Ok I changed recently but I used Haruhi again so you get the point:p ).
The story goes like this according to Anime Database:

What I have to say:
It's an interesting anime with lots of interesting characters. Basically, it has no plot, it just follows Haruhi's whims.:lol: (Nah it does have a plot, but it isn't as important as its primary target is to make us enjoy the whole thing). The episodes where shown randomly by the way. Making you go like "What the hell is this? It must be the effect of the gate. Sorry kid, this is gonna have to wait".
And especially the 1st episode will freak you out. (Although some people prefer it more than the rest:p ).

It certainly isn't an anime for everyone, neither is it liked by its fans for the same reasons, but I'd still say to everyone who hasn't seen it. "C'mon, give it a chance. You may end up liking it.";)

yeah,FMA manga is different from anime because it is produced and writen in the same time,which makes it difficult to follow the manga...

Haruhi Suzumiya is one of my favourite...it is an anime for not any ordinary people,as the anime itself is unordinary...I love HARUHI,i hate mikuru.love the novels...apparently season 2 is confirmed for this year release i heard...

Death Note is a pure genius anime.Whoever makes it,is a genius...

Dark Drakan

Admin
I havent seen many Animes but my favourites that i have are Dragon Ball Z & Death Note and soon going to start watching Bleach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom