• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Too powerful....

Railazel

Or maybe Dante Has grown more powerful from facing the best and beating the best and people have trouble accepting that he's just a BAMF and he wasn't really challenged.
That's the problem! He wasn't challenged at all! Even the most Bad@$$ dudes gets challenged, that's what makes them Bad@$$. You make the dude defeat his opponents in a single episode every episode, he's not longer Bad@$$ he's just overpowered. I mean c'mon, Kratos gets sent to Hell and back and there were still people who wanted to challenge him. Dante? He can't even die! Seriously, give the man something! Screw this, bring Beowulf back in!

Laurence Barnes

Still not dead. Just not really here any more.
Premium
haha! yeah i've seen this alot they have amazing fights with some normal enemies but then when it comes to the boss pow dead i laugh at it

Xeroxis

Space Detective
Premium
Yes, Dante seems overly powerful. But were forgetting some important details.
1.Dante is the Son of Sparda. Sparda is CRAZY strong to not only take on the demon world, but to win the war. Many people/demons believe Dante surprassed his fathers abilities.(this has been noted in many character bios)
2.Demons are like humans(in a way). Why should shooting a demon a million times be any different than shooting a human with an equel amount, let alone a well placed headshot?
3.Rebellion is the Solified form of Dantes power. Therefore, ultimate baddassary can have some serious side effects on a
demons body...

Point is, if they made every battle look like a challenge, It wouldnt give Dante the illusion of being amazing.
They have there reasons for making Dante the way he is, and In My Opinion, these are some damn good reasons.

Selutu

Son of Death, Bringer of the dead
Yes, Dante seems overly powerful. But were forgetting some important details.
1.Dante is the Son of Sparda. Sparda is CRAZY strong to not only take on the demon world, but to win the war. Many people/demons believe Dante surprassed his fathers abilities.(this has been noted in many character bios)
2.Demons are like humans(in a way). Why should shooting a demon a million times be any different than shooting a human with an equel amount, let alone a well placed headshot?
3.Rebellion is the Solified form of Dantes power. Therefore, ultimate baddassary can have some serious side effects on a
demons body...

Point is, if they made every battle look like a challenge, It wouldnt give Dante the illusion of being amazing.
They have there reasons for making Dante the way he is, and In My Opinion, these are some damn good reasons.
That's definitely true... And also when Sid took over Abigal's power, it was in the end still Sid, who I doubt knows how to fully control the power... If it was the real Abigal, then I'm sure the fight would've been completely different.

Xeroxis

Space Detective
Premium
plus, throughout the entire series (excluding episode 3 and 12) he fought only minor demonic beings, so (of course) they are not a challenge. Dante having trouble killing...minions? GASP! this obviously dosent fit dante, so they made each battle look like a breeze. It gives him more of the "Im not like every other demon" look.

Selutu

Son of Death, Bringer of the dead
plus, throughout the entire series (excluding episode 3 and 12) he fought only minor demonic beings, so (of course) they are not a challenge.
Arguably, in Episode 12, it is also a minor demon. This in because it is only Sid (a minor demon) who gained Abigal's powers...
Also what about Episode 8? Wasn't that a quite powerful demon?

Xeroxis

Space Detective
Premium
Arguably, in Episode 12, it is also a minor demon. This in because it is only Sid (a minor demon) who gained Abigal's powers...
Also what about Episode 8? Wasn't that a quite powerful demon?
Oh yeah! I forgot about him...

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I think the series needs to do a DBZ where each new bad guy is stronger than the last.

i dont want to see another anime unless their willing to have him fight pagan gods, the horsemen of the apocalypse, and angels .

The main problem with placing thing after 1 is that he has fought mundus and one.
Nothing really is a challenge.

if it was placed after 3, than he would still be a rookie at his job, making it easy to find challenges.

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
I agree that he was too overpowered in the anime.
lol beowulf is the only real devil(except vergil)that gives dante a very hard fight.
I'm pretty sure some bald spartan with tattoos can't even give dante a much of a challenge lolol
off topic.Sorry i can't help myself.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Dante just seemed to me like he was just taking care of buisness. The minions understandable, but against two guys who were trained by Sparda, come on, that had to be at least a large challenge for him, but Dante just took it like it was That giant demon grim reaper you fight in mission 2 in DMC3. Both the twins could have at least fought him two on one.

Nelo The Great

I agree that he was too overpowered in the anime.
lol beowulf is the only real devil(except vergil)that gives dante a very hard fight.
I'm pretty sure some bald spartan with tattoos can't even give dante a much of a challenge lolol
off topic.Sorry i can't help myself.
he would use dante's skull as a cup after he decapitates him

Top Bottom