• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Too powerful....

Ebony & Ivory 666

Gunslinger
I mean i thought the anime was good yeah but he was too powerful and the whole episode was spent building up on one big fight and in the end dante just shot the demon once or hit it once and it died anyone else feel the same way?

The Enigmatic Man

Legendary Devil Hunter
I completely agree with you. He was never really given a challenge throughout the entire show. He made the last fight look easy and Abigal's power is supposed to rival that of the Demon King. -_-

Ryuuou

The King Of Chinese Dragons
Premium
Supporter 2014
They should make a better anime a lot better. Some action like Sanctus and Dante in DMC4

Seif114

I think they could of had more of a stuggle in the final battle between Dante and Abigeil. It made it look to easy for Dante.

DeamonslayeR

The one true son of Sparda
yup it kept a pretty good fell to it in the last episodes dante going in demon world ending up on the cross impaled by his own sword (best thing ive seen in dmc :D).but then Dante beat's him with one shot.i was like thats it ?

Demon619

Deadman walking
Personally I think they did Dante right in this series, its just that they made everyone else he faced very very weak. Pretty much everyone he fought proved to be less of a challenge then a scarecrow in Devil May Cry 4. I mean hell, two characters trained under Sparda and yet they couldn't do a thing! Thats just bull.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
yeah i enjoyed the anime for what it was, but Dante was WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYY too strong, and his enemies were WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYY too weak. dante nearly killed everybody in one shot or one slash. if they would've incorporated the stylish action that was in the games into the anime it would have been much better!

kuris

yeah true but if you watch some seens in dmc3 he shoots an enemy with one shot were you would be pounding the shoot button to kill that same enemy, its just the fun of the game play, els hes just as strong in part 3 as the series

Selutu

Son of Death, Bringer of the dead
It would be much better if they made the enemies a bit more of a challenge for Dante.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Anime's that are 12 episodes long or a bit longer usually end quickly like that. Think S Cry Ed for example. And well it's Dante so you expect him to be stupidly strong after his near death. Cough..Saiyan..Cough.

Railazel

I felt they gauged his power pretty well. I mean, of course the anime is going to make things easier than they were in the games, but you have remember that this is Dante we're talking about- He pwns everybody!

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Dang, the anime is still sat on my shelf. I need to finish it, even if there's disappointment.

From what you guys say, it sounds like there was a lot of potential wasted, but it still seems to have a lot of fans.

I remember reading some interview with the developers that they intended Dante to be an overpowered character from the start, but in a game it doesn't matter because you are playing and you can die, so there is suspense and tension in a physical, personal sense. I think that's the fundamental problem in translating games to films or animated series - in a game even an overpowered guy can be fun and exciting to watch or play as, but in a film or a show, you're not interacting as directly or in the same way, and they need to work a bit harder to entertain the audience. But game-to-film adaptations get made and they never seem to measure up to the game they came from or be as satisfying. I keep saying it's because games and film isn't that easily 'interchangeable', and a lot of studios don't seem to 'get' this. You can't rip off a game and just make something out of it and expect it to be as good without some effort to adapt it to the different kind of experience it is. ...Oh well.

Railazel

Dang, the anime is still sat on my shelf. I need to finish it, even if there's disappointment.

From what you guys say, it sounds like there was a lot of potential wasted, but it still seems to have a lot of fans.

I remember reading some interview with the developers that they intended Dante to be an overpowered character from the start, but in a game it doesn't matter because you are playing and you can die, so there is suspense and tension in a physical, personal sense. I think that's the fundamental problem in translating games to films or animated series - in a game even an overpowered guy can be fun and exciting to watch or play as, but in a film or a show, you're not interacting as directly or in the same way, and they need to work a bit harder to entertain the audience. But game-to-film adaptations get made and they never seem to measure up to the game they came from or be as satisfying. I keep saying it's because games and film isn't that easily 'interchangeable', and a lot of studios don't seem to 'get' this. You can't rip off a game and just make something out of it and expect it to be as good without some effort to adapt it to the different kind of experience it is. ...Oh well.

You'd be surprised, there are alot of games that can easily be turned into movies, but for some odd reason producers like to go for the ones that are practically impossible to implement into movies. For example, God of War would've made a great movie because its very graphic and dramatic, the very fact that Kratos is a near- invincible demi- god bent on revenge would've made him a much more better candidate for a character in a movie like Clash of Titans. And ohmegosh, If they don't make a Gears of War movie with all the apocalyptic sci- fi crap going they got, I'm going to be ticked! They story and characters are very well- made, great candidate for movie implementation. Oh well...

Mr Anderson

gun slinging sword master
Or maybe Dante Has grown more powerful from facing the best and beating the best and people have trouble accepting that he's just a BAMF and he wasn't really challenged.

Top Bottom