• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Too Human [X360]

Keaton

Premium
My treat for the month.
New 360 game that I managed get upon release, I'll admit, I'm not overly impressed here...especially graphically.

BUT, the game has grown on me :D

Any other players?

Dark Drakan

Admin
Heard mixed things about it and i wont be purchasing it. However i have some friends who like it and some players on our other forums too.

Keaton

Premium
^I support alot of reviews...its not as great as the hype built it up to be.

But, if you can look past the Video Sequence Graphics and a few minor control and camera issues...its actually quite fun.

Voice acting is top-notch tbh, and the whole style of the game via colecting works pretty well ^__^

Dark Drakan

Admin
Keaton;122672 said:
^I support alot of reviews...its not as great as the hype built it up to be.

But, if you can look past the Video Sequence Graphics and a few minor control and camera issues...its actually quite fun.

Voice acting is top-notch tbh, and the whole style of the game via colecting works pretty well ^__^

Well it was never going to be as good as people wanted it to be as it had been in development for around 10 years. With a production cycle like that people would have expected a god like game :lol:. However they had many technical issues and engine changes during its production as well as some great ideas removed and this hindered the game somewhat. Shame really as it was looking really promising a couple of years back.

Keaton

Premium
^I agree things are much different than what I thought it would become. But, it is a nice game...fairly satisfying and highly customisable :D

Although, one of the oddest elements is the fact that you can die a hundred times and NEVER see a game over screen...which kinda makes you less motivated to stay alive...especially when you can respawn in a boss fight etc. :(

Dark Drakan

Admin
Keaton;122794 said:
^I agree things are much different than what I thought it would become. But, it is a nice game...fairly satisfying and highly customisable :D

Although, one of the oddest elements is the fact that you can die a hundred times and NEVER see a game over screen...which kinda makes you less motivated to stay alive...especially when you can respawn in a boss fight etc. :(

They made some strange game design choices i have to admit, most notably the removal of 4 player co-op which was its main selling point. Very odd that they dropped that i must say as that alone dissolved about 60% of sales.

Keaton

Premium
Dark Drakan;122838 said:
They made some strange game design choices i have to admit, most notably the removal of 4 player co-op which was its main selling point. Very odd that they dropped that i must say as that alone dissolved about 60% of sales.

I agree, it was an element that I had hoped to enjoy.
But, 2 player online co-op should be fun enough, although I do fear a lag O_O

Dark Drakan

Admin
Keaton;122841 said:
I agree, it was an element that I had hoped to enjoy.
But, 2 player online co-op should be fun enough, although I do fear a lag O_O

Just thought it was odd that a feature they used as the main selling point was dropped just before release. After so long in production it was a HUGE decision to drop it, especially after people had been expecting it for so long. Much too many of the big selling points and ideas didnt make the finished product from what ive seen. I wouldnt purchase it out of principle, if they think they can remove so much so late in the cycle and release it in that state and expect big success and sales they are massively mistaken. People were expecting a lot from this game and what they received was a 'there you go just have it like it is' response. With all the things people were looking forward to removed. Even the games previewers loved the game years ago and said it was shaping up to be excellent. They changed their minds with the final product and that tells me that it shouldnt have been the released version if it wasnt as good as the preview code they had years ago.

Keaton

Premium
^I agree...same situation imo as Alone in the Dark...although a fantastic premise, the overall execution seems too premature...although it was awaiting final touches :( shame.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Hmm, I've been looking in to this one, it looks fairly decent, might buy it once my next lump of cash comes in, can anyone tell me what to expect?

Keaton

Premium
An steep Comfort-Curve...it takes a while to get comfy with the controls, graphics and mehcanisms (ie. re-equipping...constantly)...but once you're alright, the game is actually quite fun!

Although I will admit, I was almost expecting a Devil May Cry-Esque game :D

Top Bottom