• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Tomb Rader vs Lady

Lara Croft Vs Lady

• Lady

Votes: 15 53.6%
  • Lara Croft

Votes: 13 46.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Railazel

On the contrary, my friend, Lady might be almost a complete match for Lara. Sure, she was seen in one game, but that has proven enough to us that she had alot of skill. The only thing Lady doesn't have is strategy, so Lara might beat her in that aspect, but her fire- power makes up for it, which is the thing that Lara lacks.

Sparda™

Railazel;175782 said:
On the contrary, my friend, Lady might be almost a complete match for Lara. Sure, she was seen in one game, but that has proven enough to us that she had alot of skill. The only thing Lady doesn't have is strategy, so Lara might beat her in that aspect, but her fire- power makes up for it, which is the thing that Lara lacks.

Firepower is nothing compared to how you use It and what experience do you have. Lady's biggest adventure has been fighting demons in a city.

Lara's adventures are endless.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Sparda™;175755 said:
Lara's has been getting better in each game.

Quick comment: It's pretty well acknowledged that Lara still looks very similar to her old 1996 look, not a great deal has actually changed with her character, be it by looks or general skills, the only real difference was that she seemed to get a boob job every game.

Still, I'm still willing to say that Lara outmatches Lady, if only in skill, I actually prefer how Lady has changed visually.

/Leaves.

Railazel

Sparda™;175809 said:
Firepower is nothing compared to how you use It and what experience do you have. Lady's biggest adventure has been fighting demons in a city.

Lara's adventures are endless.

Lady adventure hasn't ended, yet, and she has shown great skill in gunfighting (she shot Dante with a missile launcher without looking). I'm sure you've beaten the game tons of times and heard what she said in the end.

Sparda™

Railazel;176204 said:
Lady adventure hasn't ended, yet, and she has shown great skill in gunfighting (she shot Dante with a missile launcher without looking). I'm sure you've beaten the game tons of times and heard what she said in the end.

Of course her adventures haven't ended, but judging with what we have in our hands, Lara outmatches Lady in skills.

UchihaClanLeader

SSSlayer of demons
^ Yeah he's correct. Lady doesn't have as much experience as Lara. Lady's only fights were in Temen-Ni-Gru (where she only fought weak demons) and in anime (with weak demons).
I know that I first voted for Lady. But now I support Lara. I'm sorry for this mistake :(.

Railazel

So, what you're saying is that Lady doesn't have enough skill to match Lara because she was shown in one game, and, thusly, we can't give her enough credit because we we only seen her in one game? In short, Lady doesn't have enough "experience", so she's weaker than Lara. Really, to me, that's a stupid argument. I can think of a few arguments (aka a thousand arguments) to go against that. First, you say that Lady doesn't have enough "experience" because she was seen in one game. It doesn't matter how many games they appear in, if its enough for people to judge a character's ability as great or just plain horrible, there's no need for more. And, because we don't witness it, doesn't mean that the character's adventure ends. Heck, they might reappear in another game, that might be a possiblity. Now, here are some arguments that pretain to Lady's ability:

1. Treasure Hunter vs Demon Slayer- A demons slayer has trained there bodies to almost superhuman limits just to fight the supernatural, while a treasure hunter has only trained their ability of deduction to solve complicated riddles. In an argument of who's stronger, Demon Slayer wins, to see who's smarter, Treasure Hunter. But in an argument to see who's better, well, Demon Slayer would win because they can kill the Treasure Hunter without thinking about it.

2. One- woman army vs. a chick with two pistols- Lady is, in all sense of the word, a Femme Fatale. She has a missile launcher, pistols, a machine gun (or two), and some grenades, and can use them all with such great skill, add that with her superior agility and you basically got a living weapon. While Lara is has enough smarts to use the enviroment as a weapon along with her two pistols. In a fight against these two women, well; Lara would gain the upperhand because she has more experience in all forms of enviroment, then again, Lady has shown that she can use the ability to use the enviroment to her advantage as well (even though her cleverness might not be on par with Lara). Still, Lady's experience in combat might be the thing that would help her in this case, since Lara's best bet is to use the enviroment alone and if she ran out of advantages, the tides might go to Lady's favor.

3. Combat Experience- Even though Lara might have some experience in fighting, its only against humans and only a few of them at a time, but Lady has fought against possibly thousands of demons throughout her lifetime. Really, this says alot in my case.

4.Intelligence- Lara wins in this for sure. The smartest I've seen Lady is during her fight with Dante when she used the library as her advantange, other than that she was basically looking kick- a$$ while shooting a bunch of demons. Meanwhile, Lara was doing her own thing trying to find the next clue in order to move onto the next puzzle.

5. Gunsmanship- Like I said before, Lady shows great gunsmanship. She knows how to use each of her weapons to her advantage, while Lara only has two pistols, which she mostly uses to defend herself.

UchihaClanLeader

SSSlayer of demons
^ Hey, you can't change our opinion. Lady's only fights with demons were in Temen-Ni-Gru and in the city. Lara has more places where she fought.
Until now, Lara has more experience than Lady, so she knows how to defend herself.
Lady can be equal in experience with Lara in the near future (when we'll see her fighting with bad-a** demons, not with weaker ones), but, like I said, until now she loses to Lara.
End of the story. Let's not contradict each other anymore, each of has has a different opinion about DOT

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Slayer_of_Darkness96;176490 said:
^ Hey, you can't change our opinion. Lady's only fights with demons were in Temen-Ni-Gru and in the city. Lara has more places where she fought.
Until now, Lara has more experience than Lady, so she knows how to defend herself.
Lady can be equal in experience with Lara in the near future (when we'll see her fighting with bad-a** demons, not with weaker ones), but, like I said, until now she loses to Lara.
End of the story. Let's not contradict each other anymore, each of has has a different opinion about DOT

Well he's changed mine considering is the best damn constructed opinion in this entire thread.

A rarity in versus threads, an opinion that's actually based on logical analysis and fact rather than just pure opinion.

-Changes my vote to Lady.-

Railazel

Slayer_of_Darkness96;176490 said:

1. You just changed your opinion
2. You're right, why are we contradicting each other? We all have our opinions about each character, right? A person wondered who was better and, thusly, made this thread. If opinions mattered, then this thread wouldn't have been created. This thread, like I just said, was made to see who's better, so facts mattter more than opinion.
3. *facepalms* Don't just say "End of Story" just because of your "opinion," which is based off of one small, irrelevant argument. Let tell you something about Visual and Actual experience. From seeing a person's Visual experience, we could form different assumptions about their Actual experience depending on what we've seen. You are taking Lady's Visual experience and placing it as her Actual experience, when, in whole, her Visual experience has shown alot of people that she has faced countless demons throughout her years as a Demon Hunter, it doesn't matter if she was seen in one game, this is the truth. Lara has been seen in I-don't-know-how-many games and that has shown that she has alot of experience of treasure hunting. But, again, I shall point out the difference in their occupations.
4. I'm not changing anyone's opinion, I'm just talking facts.

Sparda™

The whole figure Tomb Raider has with Lara Croft, is so enormous, Lady is a tiny ant.

Secondly, talking about skill, I still put Lara on the top spot.

I base this from what I've seen, and not imagining what would she do. And what I've seen from Lady in two games she has appeared, cannot be compared with what Lara can do and has shown to do.

Railazel

Okay, so you're basing this on first impression, instead of plain facts?

P.S. I mistakenly vote for Lara on accident, I still haven't thought of a clear winner, yet, so can someone delete that vote?

UchihaClanLeader

SSSlayer of demons
Railazel;176501 said:
1. You just changed your opinion
2. You're right, why are we contradicting each other? We all have our opinions about each character, right? A person wondered who was better and, thusly, made this thread. If opinions mattered, then this thread wouldn't have been created. This thread, like I just said, was made to see who's better, so facts mattter more than opinion.
3. *facepalms* Don't just say "End of Story" just because of your "opinion," which is based off of one small, irrelevant argument. Let tell you something about Visual and Actual experience. From seeing a person's Visual experience, we could form different assumptions about their Actual experience depending on what we've seen. You are taking Lady's Visual experience and placing it as her Actual experience, when, in whole, her Visual experience has shown alot of people that she has faced countless demons throughout her years as a Demon Hunter, it doesn't matter if she was seen in one game, this is the truth. Lara has been seen in I-don't-know-how-many games and that has shown that she has alot of experience of treasure hunting. But, again, I shall point out the difference in their occupations.
4. I'm not changing anyone's opinion, I'm just talking facts.

1. I first voted for Lady without thinking about Lara. I've voted for Lady because she was in DMC and that's all. I've told you all that I'm sorry. Now I vote for Lara. I have already told that Lady is better, but she hasn't experience enough.
2. I've told "End of the story" because I don't want to contradict each other anymore. You keep Lady, I keep Lara. Let's not try to change each other's mind.
Everybody has a right to have an opinion, don't try to change mine.
Plus that if I'd want to change my vote to Lady, then AC (or another Moderator) would have to change my vote again. But I don't want this change. GO LARA.

Sparda™

Railazel;176510 said:
Okay, so you're basing this on first impression, instead of plain facts?

Plain facts?

What you showed were not facts, just suppositions.

And It's not my first impression. Those are seen and proved things. Lady has showed nothing in the game. Having too much firearm doesn't mean you're more skilled than someone who has a pair of guns...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom