• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Tom Holland is Spider-Man

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
tom-holland.jpg

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/06/23/tom-holland-cast-as-the-new-spider-man

-----------------------

He will play the webslinger in the next Sony Spider-Man film and is also expected to appear in Captain America: Civil War for Marvel. Additionally, the studios have revealed that the Spider-Man film will be directed by Jon Watts, director of Cop Car, a thriller that debuted earlier this year at the Sundance Film Festival.

The studios and producers were impressed by Holland’s performances in The Impossible, Wolf Hall, and the upcoming In the Heart of the Sea, and by a series of complex screen tests. Following Marvel’s tradition of working with the brightest next wave of directors, Watts also went through multiple meetings with Feige, Pascal, and the studio, before winning the job.”

-----------------------

The Good Gentleman

S'all Part of a Miracle Masterpiece
Wow it sucks Andrew Garfield didn't last long, i actually liked the humor he brought to the spiderman character.
Yeah, but that reboot as a whole was mostly a failed experiment. The first film was a completely unnecessary origin story, the second was.....worse than Spider-Man 3.

Given that Spider-Man and Deadpool are my favorite superheroes, you can bet I've gone through some heartaches in the past. :< This is, sadly, probably, the best live action Spider-Man we've had:
(Interesting fact: This Spider-Man is 100% comic canon!)

Yet I'm an idiot, and I keep holding out hope.

The Good Gentleman

@The Good Gentleman
Really ? I haven't seen the 2nd amazing spiderman yet but it looked awesome. What was wrong with it?
I did like the first not everything about it but it was good.

It was cluttered. Basically, the same problem as Spider-Man 3 - too many villains. The thing is, Spider-Man 3 at least had James Franco playing a compelling Harry and Thomas Haden Church as Sandman. Amazing 2 has pretty much none of that - the villains were scattered, and just plain old boring. The kid playing Harry Osborn was beyond awful, and Paul Giamatti's talents were completely wasted.

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021
It was cluttered. Basically, the same problem as Spider-Man 3 - too many villains. The thing is, Spider-Man 3 at least had James Franco playing a compelling Harry and Thomas Haden Church as Sandman. Amazing 2 has pretty much none of that - the villains were scattered, and just plain old boring. The kid playing Harry Osborn was beyond awful, and Paul Giamatti's talents were completely wasted.

Oh, come on, it wasn't that bad. ASM2 handled the villains the same way The Dark Knight did. Rhino took the Scarecrow role to briefly reintroduce the hero, Electro was the Joker taking up most of the movie, and Harry was Two-Face, showing up after the climax to kill someone and get his ass kicked. And I guess Rhino showed up again to tease Sinister Six, which now isn't happening anymore.

ASM2 also didn't have the 'Peter Parker with the Emo Haircut grooving down the sidewalk' scene (much less anything to do with symbiotes), so that's a win in my book.

The Good Gentleman

And I guess Rhino showed up again to tease Sinister Six, which now isn't happening anymore.

Yes it is! ....Kind of. It'll just fall along the lines of the MCU re-reboot. Drew Goddard is still attached to the project. Will probably be a Phase 4 film.

Yea i can agree with that on Spiderman3
There was not much of a proper character build for some of the villains like Venom or the eddie brock character.
And Bryce Dallas Howard as Gwen Stacy looked beautiful, fit perfectly yet not fully utilised.
I think Thomas Haden Church as Sandman was the best out of the villains & new characters utilised, it didn't give much of a look into the character but Thomas Haden as Sandman i actually would've liked to see a fully developed starting storyline on him.

Thomas Haden Church is always awesome. :) You really ought to watch Killer Joe when you have the time - although, Matthew McConaughey obviously steals the show, like in everything else he does....

The Good Gentleman

That's the job of a trailer lol. To sell you the product. They lie! ...Sometimes. :p In the case of, say Mortdecai, it pretty much failed to do even that.

The Good Gentleman

Sony still wants to do Sinister Six, and Marvel has expressed interest in wanting to make it a part of the MCU. Considering that Drew Goddard is still attached to be working on the project, it'll probably happen. But again, you won't be seeing Jamie Foxx or Paul Giamatti in it.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
@VampireWicked, @The Good Gentleman: Yeah, I'd really like to see Black Cat and Wilson Fisk (The Kingpin) appear in the Spider-Man movies. Back when I was bothering to work on my Spider-Man 4 script, I held ideas to leave it possible for them to both show up in 5 & 6. But, I got lazy and haven't got back to working on it.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I'm more concerned about how he will be used in the MCU because it seems like they will be focus more on the high school aspect which is better suited for a TV show since the movies tend be shorter and more focused and the films themselves tend to avoid "comic book time" so they eventually move forward (Avengers 2 takes place 2 and a half years after, most of the phase two sequels take place months apart etc)

i rather they just jump in with Peter already established and save the origin/high school aspect for a different character.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
@Z218: Yeah, I don't really want them to play on the whole 'Peter becomes Spidey whilst still some pretty nerdy, slightly punkish high-schooler' thing. Where y'know, he spends a good majority of the film working out how to impress the girl and then look cool being all like "Hey, I have powers now".

Top Bottom