• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Tokyo Game Show 2012

Kammosjuttu

I wonder does that blood brother mean it that they really are brothers, or are they blood brothers without being family to each other. You know the stories about people becoming blood brothers after exchanging bit of blood though they're not relatives.

AngelMode

I wonder does that blood brother mean it that they really are brothers, or are they blood brothers without being family to each other. You know the stories about people becoming blood brothers after exchanging bit of blood though they're not relatives.

I see "blood brothers" as being either of two things: That they are actual brothers, born from the same mother and father, or they are brothers belonging to the same species, like being demons in this case.

Devil Player

Yeah, by "blood brothers", I guess it means both Sparda and Munds were demons from the same species.

They both fought side by side, they were partners. They weren't literally brothers, but warriors fighting together. So, they were partners.

Mundus got mad because Sparda broke the alliance.

Dante47

Interesting news. It's cool to know that Mundus's grudge against Sparda is personal.
Therefore, I'm sure he wants to punish his rebellious children.

Anyone think that Mundus will turn Vergil against Dante? Vergil is more skilled. Think of it like the Emperor and Darth Vader.
We might actually see a rebooted Nero Angelo if this is true.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I think Sparda got two times more interesting now that I've heard this. Now Mundus and Sparda could have a battle that's really meaningful. Brother vs brother to the death. That makes for some epic story telling if done right. But this isn't about Sparda, however it would be nice to hear more about it.

Dante47

I think Sparda got two times more interesting now that I've heard this. Now Mundus and Sparda could have a battle that's really meaningful. Brother vs brother to the death. That makes for some epic story telling if done right. But this isn't about Sparda, however it would be nice to hear more about it.
Agreed. Maybe it's foreshadowing Dante and Vergil's future relationship. Two men duking it out, the victor decides what happens to the human race. Pretty interesting.

Railazel

Personally, I kind of feeling that making Mundus and Sparda "brothers" and making Mundus' vengeance that personal is kind of unnecessary. Even moreso, Mundus was a good enough villain for just being power-hungry and his motives for messing with Sparda's family were simple enough. Making it personal kind of ruins my perception of him being a guy you just don't wanna f*ck with to him just being an extremely whiny b*tch because his brother ruined his plans for world domination. Now, they could reconcile that by saying that Mundus just had a dream of his own about how to make the world a better place for demons (making him a good person at first) but Sparda just simply stomped on those plans. However, again, that just diminishes his evilness to really being just a giant tantrum and the result of him not getting over Sparda, which I don't like because it just makes him insane. On the other hand, being power- hungry could be just who he is from the get- go and the whole "brother" thing is just adding fuel to an already well- lit fire (which basically makes it, again, unnecessary). So I just say they should've left Sparda and Mundus' relationship as it was.

On another note, I'm still pushing for the whole "Vergil Kills Kat" thing. People think that she'll live but I don't believe so. I'm under the impression that her death is what will change Dante and Vergil's relationship and what will drive them to fight.

Domenic93

Oh! I was right! Sparda IS Mundus's brother in this one!
but we don't know if that means, wether it means biological brother or brothers as in the way Simon and Kamina are brothers, or if it's the one where they cut their palms and grab the each others wounded and with their wounded hand and get the other's blood in them

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
Oh, wait a minute, wasn't that already done in the original DMC series (Pretty good at that), oh and it got criticized for it.

How Ironic.

Gbraga

I don't like the idea of they being actual brothers, it's a cheap way to get people interested that doesn't work for me. You don't need to come with the "IT'S SOMEONE'S BROTHER/OLD FRIEND OMG" bullshit plot twist to surprise people and keep them interested in your story.

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
Sparda was never Mundus' brother in the past DMCs. He was one only of Sparda's generals.
That's correct, but it's also true that the " twin brothers seperated by goal" had been done pretty well in the original DMC series, yet was criticized. Yet now that NT is doing it in DmC, it's getting hit with love.

EllDawn

Sparda and Mundus being blood brothers doesn't necessarily mean they're related or did the whole blood-brother promise thing. It could mean they were members of a brotherhood where they took a blood oath to always stand by each other. That could mean there are more from the same brotherhood. Breaking an oath like that would turn the entire group against Sparda, not just Mundus.

Top Bottom