• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

To those who give DINO a chance...

Status
Not open for further replies.

moseslmpg

It is totally appropriate, because nothing else about him is Dante-like. And it is a convenient way to distinguish him from the actual Dante.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
moseslmpg;275280 said:
It is totally appropriate, because nothing else about him is Dante-like. And it is a convenient way to distinguish him from the actual Dante.

Not really, imo. Sure, it's convenient, but we really don't know if he's not like the real Dante till we see gameplay and/or cutscenes. He could be the Dante we remember in a different wrapper. We have to wait and see.

moseslmpg

Storm Silves;275282 said:
Not really, imo. Sure, it's convenient, but we really don't know if he's not like the real Dante till we see gameplay and/or cutscenes. He could be the Dante we remember in a different wrapper. We have to wait and see.
Yes we do. If he had a different name, no one would even imagine he could be Dante. Gameplay is irrelevant, because we are referring to his character. He doesn't look like Dante, act like him, apparently talk like him, and he does things like smoking that are antithetical to the very concept of Dante.

He's more like a reimagined Nero tbh. I don't know why they even called him Dante.

Cuervo

moseslmpg;275287 said:
Yes we do. If he had a different name, no one would even imagine he could be Dante. Gameplay is irrelevant, because we are referring to his character. He doesn't look like Dante, act like him, apparently talk like him, and he does things like smoking that are antithetical to the very concept of Dante.

His name is Dante, so I would call him Dante if it were not the fact that we are talking about different installments and personalities.

But Dino will have to suffice.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
moseslmpg;275287 said:
Yes we do. If he had a different name, no one would even imagine he could be Dante.

There is no way to prove it so it's pretty pointless even saying this but with his 2 handguns, his DMC2 looking clothes and the way he fell off that building was very DMC3 Dante, he even puts his guns in the exact same place. My first reaction would have been "another DMC clone like Bayonetta"

Vampi

Darth Angelo;275410 said:
There is no way to prove it so it's pretty pointless even saying this but with his 2 handguns, his DMC2 looking clothes and the way he fell off that building was very DMC3 Dante, he even puts his guns in the exact same place. My first reaction would have been "another DMC clone like Bayonetta"

Dino does not wear DMC 2 clothes. DMC 2 Dante is the most stylish Dante out of the series (speaking of his clothes only). This no way this bum dresses anything like him. It looks like he got his clothes from a garbage dumpster.

Besides, you would just identify it as just a DMC clone. Not as THE Dante.

And also this video its hilarious. Hitler's reaction about DmC http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvdTsDOUnR4

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
Vampi;275469 said:
Dino does not wear DMC 2 clothes. DMC 2 Dante is the most stylish Dante out of the series (speaking of his clothes only). This no way this bum dresses anything like him. It looks like he got his clothes from a garbage dumpster.

Besides, you would just identify it as just a DMC clone. Not as THE Dante.

Same thing, a DMC clone as in it is trying to recreate a character just like THE Dante.
He seems to have the same attitude and even the same weapons. Something tells me that previous transformations he has gone through were more drastic than making him skinnier and giving him a haircut.
He had an enemy in a headlock while he finished a cigarette and put it out in his face. Sounds like something a smoking Dante would do to me.

moseslmpg

Dino doesn't act like Dante at all. Dante is capricious and ****y, Dino seems just mean spirited and boring. His weapons are nothing like Dante's, they are closer to Nero's.

I don't think they are trying to make hi act like Dante, because then they might as well make him look like Dante as well. I'm sure he is going to be more cynical and serious.

Vampi

Darth Angelo;275474 said:
Same thing, a DMC clone as in it is trying to recreate a character just like THE Dante.
He seems to have the same attitude and even the same weapons. Something tells me that previous transformations he has gone through were more drastic than making him skinnier and giving him a haircut.
He had an enemy in a headlock while he finished a cigarette and put it out in his face. Sounds like something a smoking Dante would do to me.

Same attitude? Nope Dino doesn't have that. Smoking Dante? Dante never smoked and he hates smoking. So yeah 2+2=4 so Smoking+not the same attitude or weapons as original Dante=Not Dante, its Dino.

Vampi

It seems since the trailers debut this forum has made fans ,in this forum in particular, a bunch of Conformist. Sum of them even dismiss the older DMC games like they were nothing. Others have simply accepted this game solely on the label alone. And this forum at times has a dictatorship kind of way of how conversations take place. All this for a game, they don't even know about. A game not even the developers can put a solid identity to.

And in this thread alone, no one has given a definitive reason on why we Original DMC fans should treat it as a DMC game. So until that reason comes (which i doubt it'll ever due to this Conformist forum), i will treat this..."DmC" or whatever the hell they call it, as a new IP.

*semi-rant over...for now

moseslmpg

DINO has done a number on the entire fandom. I thought the effect of DMC4 was bad, but this is total chaos. The still hub which the fandom revolves around is, and always has been IMO, IGN. But maybe I'm biased :p

Vampi

Yeah you are biased :p LOL!

I'm not saying this forum is bad. There are sum really good members here. Its just, ever since this trailers debut everything has been total chaos. The DMC fanbase is totally divided on this, and i don't think either Capcom or NT are ever gonna give us a good clear answer on this..."DmC" game.

I've never experience such a total civil war over this. I thought DMC would bring people back together...i was wrong. Its brought out the worst in people, for and against the game.

Richtofen

Nein, not ze puppies!
Premium
I do give this game a chance because...it is something new. It doesn't have to run along the same timeline to be considered a 'true' DMC in my eyes.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
moseslmpg;273947 said:
I have a question for those of you who give DMC In Name Only a chance, and say not to judge it so harshly, etc.

Why should we, as DMC fans, even care to give the game a chance? What do we owe it, given that it is DMC in name only? Do you feel that we ought to give it a chance because Capcom is making it or because it is called DMC or perhaps because the main character's name is Dante? Are you just holding out hope that the "real DMC" will show up later?

If this is really a reboot and there is no "clever" ruse as with the DMC4 trailer, why should we, DMC fans, even care if this game is bad or good? The way I see it, this isn't DMC, it is just a generic action game because there is nothing left of DMC except the name. If it is bad, tant pis, if it is good, tant meux. None of that means anything for DMC or DMC fans though.

Justify your temperance and submit yourself to Arishem the Judge.

because we owe it to devil may cry to give it a chance and this is no different than any other property that has been rebooted or remade and it might work or might not its too early to tell and besides without those who were willing to dare in the first place we would not have devil may cry in the first place.
Who dares, wins
is it so hard to give it a chance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom