• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

To those who give DINO a chance...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vampi

What's wrong with Britian? And also Ninja Theory is from England, so it would only be logical that they take stuff from their culture as well. Besides, Capcom USA and Capcom Japan are collaborating with Ninja Theory. So its not just purely a British view they want the game as.

Acedia

Dante Never Dies
Vampi;275171 said:
What's wrong with Britian? And also Ninja Theory is from England, so it would only be logical that they take stuff from their culture as well. Besides, Capcom USA and Capcom Japan are collaborating with Ninja Theory. So its not just purely a British view they want the game as.

Nothing is at all wrong with Britian, I just hope it's not "Britian-nised". DMC always cared a huge diversity, I shouldn't be too worried with that, then again... They're completely rebooting the franchise, so I should be worried with what they may do.

They're collaborating, but how much of Capcom/USA/Japan, actually go into the works of the new game? I heard they're there for the helping hand.

This new Dante could bring a satisfying liking for Brit's though. I know I'd like them a lot more.

Cuervo

I think it's pretty obvious Dante's American, despite what his coat says, unless the voicover is fooling us.

Remember, the Union Jack was a prominent symbol in the british punk style. It goes with the whole look.

moseslmpg

Could that have been because the punks were, in fact, British?

It seems to me like it might be in Britain or maybe a Britain inspired America.

Asmodaius

Vampi;275144 said:
Well come to think of it. If they clean him up a lil, he would look just like Jonathan Rhys Meyers. The resemblance is uncanny

dmcdante.jpg

the-tudors-20070329001327652.jpg

JRM is quite famous in the UK. A lil sumthing new Dante has in common with JRM. Since new Dante wears a British flag on the sleeve of his jacket.

Anyway, all any of us can do is wait for more info from Capcom.

Whoa, Dante do indeed look like a digitalized version of him. I don't mind that though, JRM is hot!

But no, I don't think they will merely "Britinize", or how you call it, this game merely because Capcom is co-working with Ninja Theory on this game. There must be a reason why Capcom would choose to co-work with Ninja Theory, and I don't think it is because they think their past games suck. Then it would be a bad investment, don't you think? They are smarter than that, wether you think so or not.

Cuervo

moseslmpg;275203 said:
Could that have been because the punks were, in fact, British?

It seems to me like it might be in Britain or maybe a Britain inspired America.

I guess, but Dante sure ain't British. Maybe that fits into the storyline somehow.

moseslmpg

How do you know he isn't British? Just because he doesn't have an accent? That's not the only indicator. Some people have accents even when they aren't form the country they come from, like Bayo for instance.

Asmodaius

Dante isn't American, he isn't British and he isn't Japanese. His world is different than our world. He is Spardanian, if anything.

moseslmpg

He's American in the real series, or whatever the counterpart to American is in his universe. He has been called American in some official media, but in the first official mention of where he lives, it was named Metropolis.

Cuervo

moseslmpg;275216 said:
How do you know he isn't British? Just because he doesn't have an accent? That's not the only indicator. Some people have accents even when they aren't form the country they come from, like Bayo for instance.

I'm just using common sense and deductive reasoning. I mean, if he's British, why not speak in a British accent.

Yes, there are ex-pats and the like, but I doubt the video game would meddle in such details. But who knows.

Acedia

Dante Never Dies
Makes me wonder, if Dante is even a half-demon anymore.
If Sparda is still in the mix, if not.
He could be a full-breed Brit. :(

I want my half-demon/ Demonian back.
Even if the OG Dante was American, he was born half-demon obviously...
Wouldn't that negate half of his heritage anything but Demonian?
So in reality, Dante was Demon-American.

So... New Dante = Demon-British?

Cuervo

Didn't know there was a country called Demonia. :p

Nationalities and ethnicities are not the same thing.

American or British = nationality
Demon = race/ethnicity

I would still suspect that this new Dante is American, though, considering the old Dante was American as well, and he speaks in an English accent.

And we really need new footage to talk about, lol. We're analyzing everything!

Acedia

Dante Never Dies
Cuervo;275236 said:
Didn't know there was a country called Demonia. :p

Nationalities and ethnicities are not the same thing.

American or British = nationality
Demon = race/ethnicity

I would still suspect that this new Dante is American, though, considering the old Dante was American as well, and he speaks in an English accent.

And we really need new footage to talk about, lol. We're analyzing everything!

This is assuming demons don't attain accents and such.
That's what I meant by it, maybe Demons naturally have a different type of "learning"?
I don't know.
Good point though.

This is based off his coat, with the Brit flag on it.
Maybe he just "likes" Brits. :)

Ats

So he's british because he has a british flag on his coat and Brits are developing the game? What? Please, stop making these ridiculous presumptions.

Acedia

Dante Never Dies
Ats;275239 said:
So he's british because he has a british flag on his coat and Brits are developing the game? What? Please, stop making these ridiculous presumptions.

I can't tell if that's heavy sarcasm.

moseslmpg

Assuming that the British flag represents Britishness? Obviously outrageously ridiculous and illogical. /sarcasm. :rolleyes: Ats, don't feel like you can't make constructive posts every now and then. I'm not so sure if you know that's allowed, but in fact, it is generally encouraged.

Dante's nationality was American. His ethnicity was not touched upon, but some people assumed possible Italian-American.

Vampi

Ats;275239 said:

Well its not only the Union Jack (British Flag) on his jacket that we might think he's British. But also the connection to the UK is also made at the beginning of the trailer. A red and blue circle sign with a "U" similar the ones used by the London Underground, can be seen on the city streets.

And also when Kamiya started conceptualizing Sparda and Dante he wanted him to have a more half-Italian half-British look to him. That's why sumtimes you see Sparda in fan art drinking tea and his purple suit being almost like from the Victorian era which was more known in England then anywhere else.

Besides, the Union Jack was very big in U.S. in the 60's what with the Beatles being very popular back then and American's wearing the British flag just as a style choice. So Dino can be just trying to be in style since this is mostly a common trope for kids who are into punk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom