• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

To the people excited about the reboot

Status
Not open for further replies.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
White hair, trench coat, big sword.

The similarities end there, however. While their personalities can easily be mistaken for one another's, they are actually very different.

If Nero had gotten more variety in his weaponry and abilities and didn't seem to be rushed in at the last minute, perhaps he would've been more well received...

Meg

Well yeah.
That isn't much of variety that either.
That's really the thing that bugs me about Nero. Its not that he replaced Dante its that he looks way to much like him. It just bothers me. e_e

aka958

Don't trust people
The similarities end there, however. While their personalities can easily be mistaken for one another's, they are actually very different.

If Nero had gotten more variety in his weaponry and abilities and didn't seem to be rushed in at the last minute, perhaps he would've been more well received...

You can't even back up your facts. Carefaise. c:

That's really the thing that bugs me about Nero. Its not that he replaced Dante its that he looks way to much like him. It just bothers me. e_e

True, true. I however am not bugged about nero at all. :3

Meg

That's good. I think he's a good character and his gameplay is fun I just wish he had a more original design. ^^

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
okay i would like to say something that makes sense to me, and i should address to people. okay alot of people are saying that the new dante is way too much like nero instead of dante. well as many have said and noticed, dante and nero's personalities are extremely alike! so it makes no sense that people are getting angry about new dante being more like nero instead of old dante, the only thing people could use as an arguement as to why new dante is similar to nero is nero's devil bringer = new dante's chain/whip

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
That's good. I think he's a good character and his gameplay is fun I just wish he had a more original design. ^^

i think he did have more unique art designs in the dmc4 artbook, kobayashi just chose the one that looked the most like dante.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters

i think he did have more unique art designs in the dmc4 artbook, kobayashi just chose the one that looked the most like dante.

i think the original idea for the character was a dude called rodan who was more of an intellectual, according to the dmc wikia.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Well that is lies.
I thought people liked variety lawl.
You didn't know? XD
Your facts are half to half lying as well.
Really, you say they are solid enough as they are but I see them as hollow. Just saying the facts are solid doesn't make them solid.

Saying your facts are solid really made them solid. Your words are like glass, easily shattered. -.-
aka958 said:
You can't even back up your facts. Carefaise. c:

And your beginning to sound like a broken record stating your opinion as facts and its starting to bore me. Ive told you time and time again that if you have a point you can make it without being condecending and talking down to people. Yet you seem to always try and make people feel stupid for stating their opinions and on a forum that is open to everyones opinion thats a problem.

Now dont play dumb and tell me 'you didnt realise you were doing it' again as your very aware of how you talk to others as you have been warned for it time and time again so I suggest thinking more about what your going to say to people before typing a comment. If you cant then I shall have no choice but to test if you really 'have nothing to lose' on these forums and your 'fear of losing something dear to you'... I wont repeat myself again...

aka958

Don't trust people
And your beginning to sound like a broken record stating your opinion as facts and its starting to bore me. Ive told you time and time again that if you have a point you can make it without being condecending and talking down to people. Yet you seem to always try and make people feel stupid for stating their opinions and on a forum that is open to everyones opinion thats a problem.

Now dont play dumb and tell me 'you didnt realise you were doing it' again as your very aware of how you talk to others as you have been warned for it time and time again so I suggest thinking more about what your going to say to people before typing a comment. If you cant then I shall have no choice but to test if you really 'have nothing to lose' on these forums and your 'fear of losing something dear to you'... I wont repeat myself again...

Obviously the young man stated his opinion as a fact. Why does that not give me the right to do the same?
If you are saying he just stated his opinion then look back at his first comments I reacted to. He said these were solid facts, so I wasn't reacting to his opinion but only to his facts. :p
With facts myself that is. If anyone find my facts as wrong as I found his they can easily disprove them, right?
So I don't really see where the problem is. If he changed his mind about his facts to opinions halfway through or after the discussion then he should still face what he wrote right here and right now. That is that he stated them as nothing but facts, not opinion.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Of course. You never "see where the problem is". We've all been more than patient with you lately and enough really is enough. Take some time out and have a think about how you are coming across to other members. See you in a few days, hopefully with a better attitude.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Obviously the young man stated his opinion as a fact. Why does that not give me the right to do the same?
If you are saying he just stated his opinion then look back at his first comments I reacted to. He said these were solid facts, so I wasn't reacting to his opinion but only to his facts. :p
With facts myself that is. If anyone find my facts as wrong as I found his they can easily disprove them, right?
So I don't really see where the problem is. If he changed his mind about his facts to opinions halfway through or after the discussion then he should still face what he wrote right here and right now. That is that he stated them as nothing but facts, not opinion.

If you see no problem with the way you speak to people and act then thats where the main problem lies. How many chances have we gave you to change your attitude and how many times have you been reported for your comments and warned by us? I couldnt count them on both my hands thats for damn sure. You react to a comment then try and pick apart everything the person says afterwards and try and make them look stupid when in fact its you that coming out of it looking bad.

Heres a fact for you that you cant interpret any other way, either take a long hard look at yourself and the manner in which you speak to people and stop being so condescending or our tolerance with you will come to a sharp sudden end.

HAHA I get the chance to say this: Staff please stay on topic. (Don't get me wrong, I'm just joking :oops:), but anyways I'm so proud now :cool:.

I'm mainly excited about the new setting and MUSIC (which is generally awesome), although I disliked the music from the last trailer.
Dante's looks aren't so bad also, and the storyline is perhaps the thing which I'm most excited for.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I'm liking the fact that he might actually have to fight the city as an enemy.

That's pretty interesting.

Haven

Devil May Cry's a Rockin Baby!
I'm excited for: the story and the characters Dante meets, the city transforming and because it's a reboot alone has gotten me excited.

Conrad

I'm really excited for his new weapons. Also curious about the limited fire rate they are putting on firearms.

The setting is really awesome.

I remember seeing the first trailer unveiling DmC, it was everything I had ever wanted DMC to be. Music, design, everything. It got even better when we saw new gameplay trailers of DmC, they incorporated newthinking with the angel side and demon side and the gameplay looks fluid and epic. :D

Elliot

The future that we hold, is so unclear
Just becuz he said what HE thought you guys banned him. Really?
And YOU save it as he said it as facts. That's kinda low.

To keep to the subject or topic, I'm not really excited at all... :/

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Just becuz he said what HE thought you guys banned him. Really?
And YOU save it as he said it as facts. That's kinda low.

To keep to the subject or topic, I'm not really excited at all... :/
He's had it coming for a LONG time now. With respect, you've not been here very long and this guy has been a thorn in most people's sides for over a year. He has a personal issue with one of the members here and intentionally has been trolling him for a while - why should everyone have to put up with him? I'm guessing he's a friend of yours and it's great you're sticking up for him but kindly allow us to do our job. If you want to continue this discussion then feel free to PM a member of staff but we won't go any further within this thread.

Elliot

The future that we hold, is so unclear
He's my brother. I know him, he's like that, even to me. Sure I'll leave it.

Kammosjuttu

I think I'm excited about everything in DmC. The story especially, how will it turn out to be? And the fact of having not only demons but the town, too, as your enemy is very interesting; it's affecting both the story and the gameplay.
But really, everything! Everything seems interesting and thus listing up it all here would be breath-taking, haha. ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom