• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

To All You Gamers Blaming The Fans For Poor DmC: Devil May Cry Sales

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
When Ninja Theory was mocking the old fans I think their actions were pretty justified. Don't even attempt to defend Ninja theory for mocking a fanbase who followed the series for 12 years only to go "Nope, we want a new audience now you guys can **** off"

This forum is classy as hell.
When did NT supposedly mock fans? Can I get some proof because I never found anything.

I better find some evidence because the whole "if old Dante walked into a bar outside of Tokyo he'd get laughed out" never happened according to Chancey. Among many other things.

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
I better find some evidence because the whole "if old Dante walked into a bar outside of Tokyo he'd get laughed out" never happened according to Chancey. Among many other things.
I think it refers to appearance and differences between Western styles to Japanese and anime to reality. Not many people walk around with white hair fashioned like Dante's and in a long leather red coat, because if you did, you would get stared at regardless.

I don't get why people don't understand that and consider it an attack.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
But that's true. And the thing is that guy got it wrong because Dante would get laughed out of ANY bar he walked in to. Dante looks ridiculous ok. I thought you would have noticed this. How was he talking about Dante's silly get up somehow mocking fans? Dante's appearance wouldn't really fit in to the more contemporary DmC setting it established. It would look rather odd.

I think it refers to appearance and differences between Western styles to Japanese and anime to reality. Not many people walk around with white hair fashioned like Dante's and in a long leather red coat, because if you did, you would get stared at regardless.

I don't get why people don't understand that and consider it an attack.

When does realism apply to a game about a guy who kills demons with pool table balls?

But that's true. And the thing is that guy got it wrong because Dante would get laughed out of ANY bar he walked in to. Dante looks ridiculous ok. I thought you would have noticed this. How was he talking about Dante's silly get up somehow mocking fans? Dante's appearance wouldn't really fit in to the more contemporary DmC setting it established. It would look rather odd.

Do I really have to answer that? It's like I'm on youtube.

Okay, believe it or not, don't lose me here matey 'cause I'm gonna keep this brief. Dante's design is pretty iconic, he's pretty recognizable and fans love his design because it stands out, looks bizzare, etc. Now saying that isn't cool anymore and his vision of Dante is better is going to annoy a few people isn't it?

I think so, no, I know so....Did you get lost in that, cause I can explain every little thing that doesn't make sense to you I have plenty of time before I have to do house work and gardening with my mother.

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
When does realism apply to a game about a guy who kills demons with pool table balls?
That's the whole point, realism was never a factor in Devil May Cry. They were trying to add realism by having characters in a real life setting within a world where demons and angels exist. Just like Resident Evil where you've got Chris and Jill shooting zombies and monsters that exist from viruses. They look like human beings, not anime characters.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
How is that considered some kind of attack though? He was pointing out the obvious that quite frankly didn't even need to be said. There's a reason why you don't see anyone dressed as Dante outside of an anime convention and it also doesn't have anything to do with east and western cultural differences. DmC was looking to establish a contemporary and more realistic setting so changing up Dante's appearance was needed to do so. Just look at the classic Dante DLC. He looks out of place. I see by no way shape or form that should be interpreted as some kind of attack or insult to the fanbase. That's just silly.

Martius

SSSmokin!
Not in Poland during some football match. He is ready to be fan of Polish team!

How is that considered some kind of attack though? He was pointing out the obvious that quite frankly didn't even need to be said. There's a reason why you don't see anyone dressed as Dante outside of an anime convention and it also doesn't have anything to do with east and western cultural differences. DmC was looking to establish a contemporary and more realistic setting so changing up Dante's appearance was needed to do so. Just look at the classic Dante DLC. He looks out of place. I see by no way shape or form that should be interpreted as some kind of attack or insult to the fanbase. That's just silly.

So..Then if it didn't need to be said....why say it at all? I'm still digging up some stuff by the way.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
So..Then if it didn't need to be said....why say it at all? I'm still digging up some stuff by the way.
Because we already know how silly Dante looks. Are you telling me Dante can't be made fun of? Just how at his looks in DMC 2 and 4. The jokes for that kind of apparel basically write themselves. DmC was looking to establish a more contemporary setting so seeing him adapt to that kind of setting is expected. Brokeback Dante from DMC 4 would definitely be out of place here and look stupid.

Dusk Stalker

" Everybody gets a bullet!" -Axton
Because we already know how silly Dante looks. Are you telling me Dante can't be made fun of? Just how at his looks in DMC 2 and 4. The jokes for that kind of apparel basically write themselves. DmC was looking to establish a more contemporary setting so seeing him adapt to that kind of setting is expected. Brokeback Dante from DMC 4 would definitely be out of place here and look stupid.

And yet without them, as terrible as those two were in your opinion (as much as I don't think you see it), their wouldn't be a reboot for you guys to be praising like its a godsend and you wouldn't be ripping on DMC 4 and 2 Dante as you are right now.

Its cool for you to do so to rip on them, thats all you I can't change or waver your thoughts on them. But seriously...even the 'terrible' ones contributed to the reboot.

Sure he can, timing is everything though. Just like how they put Bad Box Art Mega man in Street Fighter X Tekken after cancelling 2 games, one of them being highly anticipated by fans waiting a decade for a sequel. But it's okay! It's a joke right? Funny!!!! Same deal with changing Dante's design and saying he's not cool anymore and he'd be replacing old Dante...again, why say it?

Oh yeah, broke back Dante can walk around with a sword in his chest, while 'Cool Dante' stands in front of a mirror screaming in agony pulling something out his chest despite being this awesome half demon, half angel dude.

SugarMoon

It's One on One.
Oh yeah, broke back Dante can walk with a sword in his chest, while cool Dante stands infront of a mirror screaming in agony pulling something out his chest despite being this awesome half demon, half angel dude.

Hmm when you put it that way I think I prefer good old Broke Back Dante over cool Dante any day.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
And yet without those two as terrible as those two were in your opinion (as much as I don't think you see it), their wouldn't be a reboot for you guys to be praising like its a godsend.
I think I've made it clear than my favorite version of Dante is still from the very first Devil May Cry just like I've made it clear than my favorite Devil May Cry game is still Devil May Cry 1. I just don't find Dante in DmC to be some taboo change of the character because he's just normal and that was their intention all along with the DmC setting. He's still virtually the same conserving what's vital to a character like Dante who was about as deep as a kiddie pool to begin with. It's not a big deal. I think his coat in DmC looks the coolest out of them all though.

...You've got to be kidding :/

Please refer to the statement at the end.

Still waiting for that stuff, you haters are unbearable. Every post I see from you from now on will have this quotes, where when asked to provide proof of how ninja theory disrespected old fans you trolls always seem to fail. So, unless I, or for that matter anyone, sees proof with actual links and reliable links showing this disrespect we can all agree you are full of crap, and need to stop spamming this board with your nonsense.

Tody

Chancey, you should be careful with how you're conveying your point because the biggest flaw in your logic is the assumption that characters should be contemporary and/or realistic.

Again, Dante was never designed to be a deep, complex character for a "mature" audience. It's completely alright if you disliked the old Dante, but just because you're fine with a more modern and normal Dante in DmC, doesn't mean the fans who loved the stylish character from past games are wrong for favouring him.

Criticizing Dante's design as well is also pretty dangerous because it's iconic and many love it. If you're going to do that, you may as well attack Spider-Man and Wolverine's rather odd dress code and appearance.

Also, the Japanese have a very unique sense of style and idea of what's bad ass and cool compared to Western.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom