• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Threatened to get beat up

Anthony

THE BLUE GOD
Some kid who wants parts to my scooter (Yes I am a scooter person) I told him a long time ago If I got a new part I would give him my old one and now he is going around saying if I don't give him the part he will knock me out. He is stronger than me and is taller I need some advice.

Anthony

THE BLUE GOD
Tell an adult.

Any advice other than this is going to cause trouble.
I get the telling an adult thing and I will but any advice for right now? My cousin is one of the toughest kids in the school and could whoop his ass. I am pretty strong but not as strong as this kid..

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
Well I have always had a big family so usually we had numbers against bullies so I did not get bullied much since they knew if they picked on 1 of us they picked on all of us.

Later in the years I joined the football teams at a early age and became physically fit and athletic so after that no one ever bothered to even think of picking on me.

I say if you have some family members in school willing to look out for you then be sure to ask them, I'm not saying that you should just go and double team the guy, but just ask your cousin if he can talk the guy outta picking on you.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
I get the telling an adult thing and I will but any advice for right now? My cousin is one of the toughest kids in the school and could whoop his ass. I am pretty strong but not as strong as this kid..
Then that risks getting your cousin in trouble. My advice for right now, right this second? Get offline and go and speak to a responsible adult. There is very little anyone online can help you with because we are not there with you and don't know the full circumstances.

I know it's very unpopular with people to "go tell a grown up", but to be perfectly honest if someone is threatening you, that is precisely what you need to do. If someone did that to me, bearing in mind I am in my 30's, I would call the police. So there is no shame or loss of honour or whatever it is that matters these days in telling someone who can help you what's going on.

Dark Drakan

Admin
In my experience violence breeds violence & people who know me might say I've been quite experienced in my time. There is no such thing as honour and respect amongst people in real life, this isn't the movies. There are no "winners" in a fight & just because you "best" someone one day doesn't mean that it's over & everything is done & dusted.

Nothing stopping them finding someone else to try too (friend/relative or paying someone) & in the end you may find yourself having to look over your shoulder everywhere you go. It often starts as a school thing but escalates then into family life/social life & your home life. It's a vicious cycle to get into & a path I wouldn't recommend.

Personally I always dealt with my own things & didn't tell anyone else as I wanted as few people involved as possible. However might be worth mentioning it to someone but urge them not to take action, just make them aware of what is going on. Then they might see it happening and then take action themselves. That way you haven't technically "told" on them as someone has openly witnessed it so the grudge by the aggressor can't be on you for being a "grass" or telling on them. Also any action you take yourself can only be seen as self defence and you aren't punished as harshly as you made them aware.

At the end of the day they are threatening you into giving them your property and this is stealing & no matter what it can't be justified.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
What Angel is saying is definitely the right and responsible thing to do, but sometimes this can backfire, I've seen this before personally in school myself where a boy was being bullied and he told the teachers and his parents came to school to talk to the other kids parent, the boy who was bullying him was only suspended for about a week, once he came back he was so ****ed that the boy had told his parents that he beat the crap out of the boy the moment he saw him. Afterwards the boy who bullied him was put into another school away from him but his friends still continued to hold hostility towards the boy for getting their friend sent away from school.

I'm not trying to discourage you or anything only telling you how it is from my experience, its definitely the right thing to do to tell adults, but this is no for sure way to end the bullying completely since while it may work sometimes and the boys parents are able to change their kid for the better, it also can make it worse if the boy does not learn from it and instead only starts to hate you more.

KRSkull

My advice is to end the fight before it starts. You know how strong you are. And you know how strong that kid is. So you can use that knowledge as an advantage to outsmart him. But never raise your hands unless you are out of options. Because once you raise your hand and strike that kid. There is no turning back.

Top Bottom