• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The Walking Dead Chat

AzureNight13

Azure Night Goddess.... Or Wesker's daughter
Premium
So anyone here a fan of the TV series? Or the graphic novel? Talk about the Walking Dead here whether it be about a review of the current/past episodes. Or just revealing your favorite character or a character you just absolutely hate. Do you pefer the TV series or the Comic? Anything really.

As for me, I've been watching the TV series mostly. I'm in the process of reading the comic. So far my favorite charatcer is Daryl. Although he can be stubborn as hell, he does have the means to survive. I absolutely hate Shane and Andrea. Hell I pefer Laurie Holden as Cybil Bennett in the Silent Hill film. Shane? I can't believe Rick went back and saved him in the last episode.

Anyway, I wonder how tonights episode is gonna fair. That is if I'm able to watch it tonight :'(

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Read the graphic novel and in the process of watching the series, I enjoy both but I most certainly have my gripes with the series.
Particularly the way they handled Shane, in the graphic novel, Shane's development is supposed to be a slow and increasingly desperate spiral into madness from generally being a decent guy, whereas the series pretty much handles him like complete jackass from the start, there's intricacies in Shane's development that the series simply does not do justice to and that severely disappoints me.

He's an interesting character, probably one of the most fleshed out by far and then the series pretty much forces it down your throat that you're supposed to hate him, and by christ does it do that well.

I like The Walking Dead, the series is by and large pretty good, it's just the way they handled one of the most important characters absolutely infuriates me.

AzureNight13

Premium
No wonder I don't like Shane in the TV series lmao. But yeah it looks like I'm missingthe episode tonight. Unless I find it online, but I doubt that :(

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
SPOILER ALERT!

Just finished watching the episode and I must say that I officially dislike Rick's son at this point.

He is becoming a big pain in the arse at this point and wanting to see people get killed leads me to believe that he is becoming to much like Shane. Also, he was messing with a Walker earlier in the episode and the walker got loose while trying to catch him. That same Walker came back later and killed Dell.

I myself believe that the walker never would have gotten lose if that little boy hadn't been messing with and and teasing it so I blame Dell's death on the little boy. Also the fact that he did not tell them about the walker getting loose also makes me put the blame on him.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Im a big fan of the show however ive not read the graphic novels. I kind of prefer things that way as I dont know whats going to happen next.

AzureNight13

Premium
Damn. Just finished watching the episode. After watching that, I have to totally agree with ToCool74. Carl is becoming such a brat. When I just kept watching him taunt that zombie I was like " WTF Kid?! Are you an idiot?!" Not to mention almost witnessing Randall's execution and telling his dad to shoot him. And I absoutely agree with Carl being responsible for Dale's death. The group is really breaking apart. I can see Merle laughing at them now, where ever he may be.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
i've watched the tv show first but i was able to read the first volume of the comic because a friend gave me it for christmas.

I like it enough thought it has some problems as being decompressed as well as some characters like T-dog not being properly fleashed out.

Favorite character is Darryl.

AzureNight13

Premium
Favorite character is Darryl.

What do you know, Daryl is my favorite character too lol. Then again I like Norman Reedus lol. I've also noticed that they haven't been giving T-Dog enough love in the TV series as well. At least since his injury in the begining of the season.

Dark Drakan

Admin
T-Dog at the minute is a useless character and a waste of time him even being there. I dont know how much of a part hes meant to play having not read the graphic novels but I thought his character would have come into his own more by now. Hopefully he isnt totally forgotten about and does actually start getting some airtime at some point soon.

Seems Carl just wanted to prove hes a man and tried to follow in Shane shoes and prove hes not a boy but I think he was given a huge shock when he saw what happened to Dale and he led the walker back to the camp. Could tell from the look in his eyes when he realised that it was the same walker that he feels responsible and Chandler Riggs is playing the part quite well.

Demon619

Deadman walking
Due to the fact that there is no store near me that has a copy of the graphic novels, I kinda have no opinion of that part of the series. (this is also a huge issue for me when it comes to manga as well)

But I adore the series so far, it has a good combination of drama, action, and of course zombies. Although I do wish they would use more of their characters more, but still with characters like Daryl I enjoy the seires alot.

Also, at this point I want to toss Carl into a pile of Walkers, that is all.

Chimera Khaos

Hades Leading General Commander
I waych the walking dead, I find it intriguing yet a little boring, as we know what's going to happen, I mean, how many zombie movies are there out there?...:/

AzureNight13

Premium
I waych the walking dead, I find it intriguing yet a little boring, as we know what's going to happen, I mean, how many zombie movies are there out there?...:/

Well after watching tonight's episode, (spoiler warning) I'm wondering how Randall and Shane re-animated after their death since they didn't get scratched or bitten.

Chimera Khaos

Ah, I see, well I'll just have to watch it then...
Um, if you don't mind me asking, where are you from? I thought it was only on where I am?...

Chimera Khaos

Crap, I just realised The Walking Dead aint on until tonight, I usually watch Misfits as well... and I never knew it was popular in America...

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
Well after watching tonight's episode, (spoiler warning) I'm wondering how Randall and Shane re-animated after their death since they didn't get scratched or bitten.

Yea I was wondering the same thing.

Me and my mom (who also loves The Walking Dead) where watching it and after that happened I was immediately like WTF? Last I checked they hadn't been bitten so how did that happen? I hope it is explained next episode.

Also, I liked the similarities surrounding Shane's death with the one from the original Comic book.

Top Bottom