• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The unknown figure in the DMC trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richtofen

Nein, not ze puppies!
Premium
Ok, I'm curious as to what that figure is in the trailer that falls after Dante. If you don't know what I'm talking about you have to stop the trailer at 1:37, you have to play with the pause/play button. When done correctly, you no longer see Dante falling. You see a brief shot in the air that contains an all but a blurry ball in the air. It's legs are tucked in and you can see that its arms are in front of its face.

I'm curious as to what you think it is. As for me, I think it might be a type of Demon trailing after Dante that has a human-like apperance.

BTW, I don't want any flames about the reboot in here, there is a thread 'specially made for flames. Thank you.

Vampi

I either think its Vergil as an agent for the maybe government asylum/prison thing. Or just another enemy type. As you can see, the blurry thing is kinda blue in color. But it can also be an original character. A co-antagonist next to the big boss.

At first i thought it was rubble from when Dante leaps off the wall and chucks of brick come out. But...i don't know.

blip3.jpg

Dominus

God I hope they don't make a plot revolving around Dante being chased by psychiatrists or govt officials ;/.. Maybe its DMC4 Dante traveling into a different dimension to kill this incarnation? There can be only one.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
It's a pigeon. Can't you see the feathers? :dry:
Oh, wait, I'm wrong. It's a pokemon! XD

I'm hoping it's Vergil.
And I still can't believe how people pick up on these things when I've watched the trailer over a billion times already and never noticed. I ish not very observant.

Vampi

Dominus;277051 said:
God I hope they don't make a plot revolving around Dante being chased by psychiatrists or govt officials ;/.. Maybe its DMC4 Dante traveling into a different dimension to kill this incarnation? There can be only one.

Ya know that Alastor cutscene in DMC 1 kinda reminds me of the Quickening in Highlander LOL. What with all the electricity and everything blowing up.

Why do i have a feeling DmC is gonna have elements of this game. What with all the graffiti in the DmC trailer and about government oppression maybe. I wouldn't be surprised if Dino starts tagging.

Marc_Eckos_Getting_Up_Dvd_ntsc-fron.jpg

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
Uh oh here comes the Vergil Pareidolia lol

Why would they bother being so subtle? At the end instead of the smoking have a shadow unsheathe a Katana, soften the blow.

Chloe_Ryder;277052 said:
It's a pigeon. Can't you see the feathers? :dry:
Oh, wait, I'm wrong. It's a pokemon! XD

I'm hoping it's Vergil.
And I still can't believe how people pick up on these things when I've watched the trailer over a billion times already and never noticed. I ish not very observant.

Me too, i watched the trailer billion times i saw nothing.
Faustinasa you sure have a sharp eye :cool:.
It´s probably another kind of demonic enemy or bricks falling down.
Could be nothing important actually i don´t believe that they would include something that most people can´t see.

Haven

Devil May Cry's a Rockin Baby!
Wow, good eye Faustinasa :). I didn't even see that, not sure what it is though :huh:

aoshi

Huh.. Do you guys mean the flying image about 6 feet from the wall.. I think its dante jus after pressing against the wall. Could not be anyone else.

Richtofen

Nein, not ze puppies!
Premium
Well, others have noticed it when playing around with the trailer...I was just curious if I could see it too. It could possibly be Vergil like everyone is saying.

moseslmpg

Darth Angelo;277070 said:
Uh oh here comes the Vergil Pareidolia lol

Why would they bother being so subtle? At the end instead of the smoking have a shadow unsheathe a Katana, soften the blow.
It isn't really pareidolia. We don't see Vergil in the figure, we just hope it is him.

And the reason it is so "subtle" is that it was just part of the cutscene. Dino was obviously being chased, which is why he jumped off the building, and the figure simply was in a few frames before they switched angles.

Acedia

Dante Never Dies
Dominus;277051 said:

I hope so.
This is all a joke, and Dante is trying to kill DINO from another dimension...!

Because...
THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!
Dante, please decapitate DINO. :)

Asmodaius

I wish my eyes were sharp enough to notice such small hints and things like that. It could be a person, perhaps Vergil, but it could also be something completely irrelevant.

However, I do like the whole theory of Dante being chased throughout the trailer by someone who wants to catch him and put him into that interrogation room where he is chained up.

Richtofen

Nein, not ze puppies!
Premium
Well, w/e it is...I'm sure we might know eventually! That or it will never be solved like most mysteries >_<

Lili Rochefort

we live to make impossible, possible!
Acedia;277148 said:
I hope so.
This is all a joke, and Dante is trying to kill DINO from another dimension...!

Because...
THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!
Dante, please decapitate DINO. :)
who's DINO!?o_O
anyway I didn't see that thing... next time I'll check & tell my idea! :D

Lili Rochefort

we live to make impossible, possible!
ok... I watch the trailer carefully... & I think I see that... (it's in the sky right?) if you mean that... It was a little like Vergil... or it could be a Demon but whatever it was... it wasn't chasing Dante... it was moving anotherway...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom