• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The Snyder Cut

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021
Black Adam scenes have leaked. If you know where to find it, you know where to find it.

Superman appears, played by Henry Cavill instead of it being a body double and headless cameo.
He says, "It's been a while since anyone's made the world this nervous. Black Adam, we need to talk."

No idea if the theme playing is the John Williams score or the Hans Zimmer score since the crowd popping off drowns that out. Which means I'll just go see the movie myself on opening night, and twice the following Sunday. Of course.

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021
Two months after Henry Cavill announced his return as Superman to the DCU, he's just recently announced that he's been let go and is not playing Superman.

IMG_9380.jpg

Wonder Woman 3 also got shelved, and a sequel to Black Adam may be unlikely given the box office numbers. James Gunn, the new head of DC Studios along with Peter Safran, has been on Twitter debunking a few of the rumors and articles have come out with. Supposedly.

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021
Yesterday, Zack Snyder dropped an announcement on Twitter voiced by Ray Porter (as Darkseid), letting people know to save the dates of April 28, 29th, and 30th. This is likely to be another SnyderCon, but the "#fullcircle" invites speculation on what'll happen on that date. When something comes full circle, it means a repeating cycle or someone ending up back at the same place they were before.

Also yesterday, James Gunn announced on Twitter that he was going to direct the new Superman movie, Superman: Legacy, and used his dead father as clickbait by not only setting the release date as his father's birthday but sharing the story that he "hadn't realized" the release date was his father's birthday until his brother reminded him.

image.png

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021
Originally I was going to leave the below image with a few words of how the position of CEO is largely superfluous because people within that position have a ton of free time, as evidenced by some having similar executive positions as part of a Board of Directors across multiple other companies,

but that's a little irrelevant to the subject matter aside from "the image depicts a CEO talking".

FwmCuenX0AkteS_.jpg

But I mean, it's still clear James Gunn specifically has a ton of free time since he's sitting around Twitter beefing with every random no-name account that trolls him or a random DCEU Leak subreddit that less than 1000 people go to on any given day, while also saying he doesn't have time to do the thing he's doing and is busy working on a movie that isn't going to be out for 2 more years.

Can anyone imagine Kevin Feige visibly spending most of his time every day on Twitter beefing about the MCU and the MCU Leaks subreddit, or the CEO of Paramount Pictures doing the same about Mission Impossible and other Paramount movies? (Feige did take legal action against the MCU Spoilers subreddit for leaking the entire Ant-Man 3 plot, but still, not a Twitter beef). I guess this proves "James Gunn is in tune with the fandom", but at what cost? It reads like he'd actually rather be any old Comic Book Movie stan account making these cringey arguments and being chronically online. Complaining about "being barraged" when he can turn DMs off, mute accounts, and get off of the internet and live in real life like a functioning person.

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021
He's now moved on to asking people in Twitter polls whether Superman should wear trunks or no trunks.

What ever happened to simply designing the character in a way that makes sense for the story?

Anyway, Flash spoilers

Keaton's Batman and Sasha Calle's Supergirl die repeatedly during the final battle because their deaths are fixed points that can't be solved. This includes a scene where Keatonbats tries a heroic sacrifice by ramming the Batwing into a Kryptonian ship except the ship had a shield on it so, lol. The Barries go back in time to warn him about the ship being shielded, he goes "Roger that" and tries to fight a Kryptonian and dies anyway not even five minutes later, so, double lol.

CGI Christopher Reeve Supes, CGI Helen Slater Supergirl, and CGI Nic Cage Superman make cameo appearances, as well as Teddy Sears's "Jay Garrick".
— CGI Reeve is a f*cked decision in the first place considering Brandon Routh is literally available and canonically his Supes is a continuation of Reeve's Supes, as Superman Returns takes place in the continuity of Superman II.
— I have no commentary on CGI Supergirl.
— CGI Nic Cage is stupid because we never had footage for what he would be like in that role 20 years ago but he as an actor likely wouldn't object to putting 110% of his energy into playing Superman at his current age. Also the CGI on him is bad.
— Using Teddy Sears as "Jay" based on the CW Flash show is just dumb and people clearly not paying attention, because his role in the show was *Hunter Zolomon pretending to be Jay Garrick*. And John Wesley Shipp was right there to play Jay.
— The above just proves Andy Muschietti is not a fan of the Flash as a character. Like, I think the 2014 TV show was dogsh*t from season 1, but how are there more Non-Flash cameos than there are Actual Flash Cameos from other media in this movie, when he says he could use any character he wanted? Why is this completely absent of the one crossover moment between the show and the DCEU that was actually filmed and used in the show where both Flashes meet each other during Crisis and CW Flash gives DCEU Flash the idea to use that name?

The last scene of the movie (post credits?) is Barry dressed in a suit, waiting for Bruce Wayne. A man steps out of a car hounded by the press, and it's George Clooney Bruce Wayne. Barry goes "Who the f*ck is this?” but Clooney Bruce already recognizes him. Barry's front tooth falls out of his mouth for some reason.

One other scene is Barry trying to talk to Aquaman to explain what happened, but Aquaman is stupendously drunk and falls face-first into a puddle and gurgles muddy water.

But aside from the spoilers, the review blurbs make very little sense, don't seem to come from any respected publications, and a lot of people are repeating "BELIEVE THE HYPE" like a bunch of bots.

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021
Hollywood Reporter: Inside ‘The Flash’ Ending and That Cameo Secretly Filmed 6 Months Ago

The DC film had three separate endings, each overseen by different Warner Bros. regimes, spanning Walter Hamada to James Gunn and Peter Safran.

Hollywood secrets have become notoriously hard to keep, but Warner Bros. and the filmmakers of The Flash pulled off a doozy with the final moments of their DC film.

After more than 25 years, George Clooney returned to the role of Bruce Wayne, marking a remarkable change of heart for an actor who was unequivocally done with the role. It was also a secret that the studio was able to keep tight for close to six months.

In a mic drop movie moment, one which has left audiences howling, The Flash’s final scenes shows Barry Allen (Ezra Miller) on the phone with Bruce Wayne. The phone call comes after a climactic courthouse hearing and Barry finally returning to his own Earth and timeline. Wayne pulls up to the courthouse in his car and as he gets out, the assembled crowd part to reveal Wayne…as played by Clooney, not the Ben Affleck version Barry expected.

Clooney infamously played Bruce Wayne/Batman in filmmaker Joel Schumacher’s Batman & Robin, the ill-fated 1997 movie considered one of the worst superhero films of all time. The actor has repudiated it over the years, with it being the most visible miss in his storied career.

He told Howard Stern in late 2020 that it was physically painful to watch his work in the role. Said the actor: “The truth of the matter is, I was bad in it. Akiva Goldsman — who’s won the Oscar for writing since then — he wrote the screenplay. And it’s a terrible screenplay, he’ll tell you. I’m terrible in it, I’ll tell you. Joel Schumacher, who just passed away, directed it, and he’d say, ‘Yeah, it didn’t work.’ We all whiffed on that one.”

Clooney was known as a TV actor on the hit medical procedural ER when he was cast as Batman. It was to have been a defining moment for the actor, to become a full-fledged movie star in a time when movies stars, not brands or IP, mattered. Instead, the movie was a nail in the coffin for DC and Batman movies for years, with Batman finally returning to the big-screen with 2005’s Batman Begins.

Clooney’s return to Bruce Wayne was not years in the making. In fact, it was made within a few weeks with some phone calls, two screenings of the movie, and a half day of shooting in January.

It was also the third ending crafted for the film, which director Andy Muschietti made through three separate regimes at Warners. The Flash serves as a study of a movie that survived and evolved in a rapidly changing media landscape, facing the dictates of several sets of studio heads and a multi-billion dollar acquisition.

The Flash began life under the studio regime run by Toby Emmerich and his lieutenant, DC Films boss Walter Hamada. Most of the shooting and post-production was undertaken under that leadership, with the movie as part of Hamada’s plan to have Flash build to a major reset of the entire DC cinematic universe, departing from the one established by filmmaker Zack Snyder with Man of Steel a decade ago. Hamada planned a Flash sequel and then wanted to move to a movie inspired by the 1980s classic comic event, Crisis on Infinite Earths.

The Flash, as it was originally conceived and shot, ended on the courthouse steps with Supergirl, played by Sasha Calle, and Batman, played by Michael Keaton, who was already featured throughout the movie as a returned Batman. It was meant to highlight that Barry did not reset the timeline as he thought he did. It was an ending that was screen tested several times, one that reversed the deaths of Supergirl and Batman earlier in the film.

However, the movie got caught in the lightning storm that was Discovery’s acquisition of Warner Bros. in 2022. Emmerich and Hamada were ousted, and Warner Bros. Discovery CEO David Zaslav was on the hunt for an executive to run DC. In the meantime, Michael De Luca and Pamela Abdy were installed as Warner Bros. Pictures Group chairpersons and CEOs. They were tasked with overseeing DC in the meantime, and suddenly and certainly not unexpectedly they had their own plans.

A new The Flash ending was conceived. This new version was still on the courthouse steps, but now Calle’s Supergirl was joined by Superman, played by Henry Cavill, and Wonder Woman, played by Gal Gadot. Keaton also remained. De Luca and Abdy believed they were being strategic with the ending. Cavill was going to cameo for DC movie Black Adam and was being teed up to return to the role in a brand new Superman movie. Supergirl was retained because even though the executives were killing the development of a standalone Supergirl movie, they were open to her returning in some form and didn’t want the last image audiences saw of her to be her death at the hands of a supervillain (Michael Shannon’s General Zod).

Meanwhile, the studio was developing a third installment of Wonder Woman with filmmaker Patty Jenkins and star Gadot. This was a nice way to keep Wonder Woman in the cultural conversation. This ending was shot in September involving Miller, Cavill and Gadot as well as Keaton and Calle.

Then came another lightning strike. In November, Zaslav announced that filmmaker James Gunn and producer Peter Safran were to run DC Studios, overseeing all DC film and television efforts. And suddenly and certainly not unexpectedly, they had their own plans.

Knowing they were resetting the DC universe under their own vision, Gunn and Safran saw that having Cavill and Gadot in the new ending was potentially promising something their plans were not going to deliver. One of the first actions the duo took was to scrap the Cavill Superman film, and they parted ways with Jenkins, effectively killing the third Wonder Woman installment.

The filmmakers, according to multiple people associated with the movie, then looked for alternatives but wanted to keep the germ of the idea: Barry Allen thinks all is right, but then has the rug pulled out at the last moment. They also went back to an idea joked about earlier in the filmmaking process: “How many Batmen can we get?” Clooney was brought up as a long-shot, but Gunn and Safran jumped on the notion.

The duo reached out to Clooney’s agent at CAA, Bryan Lourd, showing him a cut of the mostly finished film. He liked it and then showed it to Clooney. Clooney liked it and agreed to be a part of it.

Hollywood Reporter confirms that Gunn scrapped sequences with Henry Cavill and Gal Gadot, and scrapped their movies. Good riddance to WW3 because we saw what WW84 was like, but Cavill got hoed.

Just in case we don't have enough reasons to side-eye the future of the DCU,

FyNSokqWIAICN2E.jpg

James Gunn already claimed direct involvement in the five movies before the "official DCU” starting with Superman Legacy, saying that he gave out notes to the directors while their movies were still in production. This covers Black Adam, Shazam 2, The Flash, Aquaman 2, and Blue Beetle.

So again, just like when he claimed he contacted Ben Affleck and that "he wants to direct"—only for Ben to say that he would never direct in Gunn's universe,

and just like he claimed that Zack Snyder spoke to him to say he moved on from/was no longer interested in DC and gave a personal stamp of approval to Gunn's DCU, only for Zack to say in the Full Circle event—in direct response to a question of whether he would be happy if his DC stories were to continue in another medium or platform—"would I be interested in whatever medium or whatever way these ideas would be made, of course I would!"

The options are that either Gunn's ideas are dogsh*t, and he's the reason these movies are so goofy and incoherent and/or have his wife cameoing consistently as the "please take me seriously" hire, or he's straight up lying to take credit in case any of these movies turn out successful. It could be both.

berto

I Saw the Devil
I saw the Flash yesterday. I was less than thrilled by the end. Actually, I wasn't that impressed from the beginning.
Basically, it was a cartoon. You look at the opening sequence and as they try to show the title it already it doesn't go well.

I guess it's spoilers ahead, all around.

As I saw the way the logo appearing I was reminded of 90's and 2000's superhero movies, and not in a good way. The logo intro was downright amateurish. Like someone's first go at a movie because it was TV movie intro, not summer blockbuster. That whole interactions with those kids from the trailer felt like something made by and for someone with ADD or even ADHD. It's unfocused and just there to jiggle keys at the babies in the audience. Then he runs. I don't mind the hyper speed look as opposed to Snyder's where he shows him in slow mo in a hyperfast BG but this looks off in more than the poor CG. It took me a second but I noticed that he slides on the ground. The reason he does those weird runs in JL is because he is taking huge steps. He's going so fast he covers great distances each steps. Here he's feet are sliding, very obviously, on the ground. When he ran on water I remembered that someone did it way better which is in The Incredibles. I get that showing blurry limbs on a real person might not look right but it would've been a better look than this.
The rescue scene at the hospital is why this is a cartoon.
For the record, I don't care that the CG is bad. I can suspend my disbelieve for the sake of the idea. I don't hate this movie for it's bodged effects. It's the idea that I didn't like. That whole rescue was goofy and way out of the realm of seriousness. For one, babies cry. The laughing babies who are having the time of their short as the world explodes and they fall from the top floor to their death is done for the same reason they have him rescue them in the silliest sequence I think I've ever seen in a Superhero movie, because it isn't serious. Saving babies is right up there with rescuing of a bus full of nuns. Real babies would be crying at the first boom but that would be too serious for comfort. No, let just stick a baby in the microwave as a joke instead. When I see him actually do a split I realized this movie was not going to be something I should bother investing grey matter in.
Also, Why is it that these people can't get Batman right? Once again they seem to want to make a joke out of him. The lasso joke wasn't funny in the Wheedon cut and it wasn't funny here. I caught very little of what he actually said but one was a morronic line about being better off giving away his money and how it would solve more problems that way. Wayne is a genius and he'd know that just throwing money away solves nothing! Whatever morron wrote this should be forced to give their paycheck to wind and see how it literally does nothing. Just let Affleck write Batman. He gets the character, he wrote him and he knows how to make him bad ass. You lot don't.
While we're at it, this was a waste of Gadot. Have her in the action or don't bother at all. The scene with her appearance was utterly awkward and unfunny (and the fact that she flew away was just uuuggghhhhh). Same with Arthur's, while we're at it. The fact that they just kept embarrassing the heroes like that, throwing pie in their faces, as it were, is infuriating. What the hell is it with you lot? Why do you insist on sh**ing on your heroes, on putting them down and making them look like dumb jackasses? This doesn't leave a good impression. If your hero is the butt of the joke in something we're supposed to take seriously then they fail to come off as even competent, despite cool action scenes. Knock it off! There is a line between being humorous and been a fool and having your face on a dirty putle on the street outside a bar is well crossed that line.
After this it's less horrible. The actual time travel move was far more tolerable but still full of missed opportunities.
Young Berry was a tool. He wasn't funny or charming, which I think were old Berry's exact words, but it was incessant. Even if you point it out in frustration it doesn't change the fact that it's happening. That goes for the humor as well. I won't pretend I didn't laugh and found some of the jokes pretty funny and on rare occasion actually charming, but, in general, I was annoyed at being forced to have to spend with young Berry and/or his roomates.
Keaton and Affleck were both on point but I would've loved to have seen their reactions to Berry telling them about each other and seeing a connection, something universal about themselves, not just the suit.
Calle was actually a good part of the movie. I didn't like her outfit in the production and leaked photos and it does look like cheap upclose compared to the Cavill outfits, or just the Snyder's wardrobe designer's, but it grew on me. Her story is also much more interesting than I'd give it credit for off the trailers. My issue with her, and Keaton's Batman, and Zod, and Fiora is that there are too many people and not enough time dedicated to everyone. Ironically, a huge problem the movie has is that it's too long for its own good but it's too short for the good of its characters. This needed to be spread out better. The Berry's had too much d**kin' around time on screen and nobody else got enough time to really shine as their potential would let them. Basically, yeah, more of them.
The cameos were ok but this needed to come out the 5 or 6 years ago that it was supposed to because now it's just another alternate reality gimmick we've seen almost a dozen times, from No Way Home to Bayonetta 3. It's getting old now and the movie should not have to deal with this if they got their s**t together faster.
Miller wasn't bad as old Berry and even liked the scene where he says goodbye to his mother quite a bit but young Berry infuriated me. I don't care about an actor's real life since I would have to care about all of them and I don't care enough to go out of my way so the controversies were a none issue for me.
Ultimately, the movie was mediocrity from start to finish. Full of great potential that never saw realized. Great ideas without any actualization. For example, what about Clooney? What? Is he the new Batman or was it just another easter egg? I'd love to see a new Clooney Batman. He's become a far more impressive actor in his last 10 years and, like Affleck, has had a lot of success as a dramatic actor and director, but is he actually going to become the new Batman? If so are they going to treat him just like Affleck's where they won't take him seriously again? I can't help but feel we're just going to waste the potential that this actor can bring in, too, all for a joke.
I know Muschietti is a competent director but this is not the best I've seen from him. I don't know if it was the studio, a producer or what, nor do I care. This movie, if it's a sign of what's to come, has driven me to apathy for whatever is next for DC. I saw the movie and no amount of Keaton Batman can draw me in to watch it again. If I get the urge for more of that I'll just wait for clips on YouTube for a few years and watch just the good parts.

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021
That whole interactions with those kids from the trailer felt like something made by and for someone with ADD or even ADHD. It's unfocused and just there to jiggle keys at the babies in the audience.
That sequence was just bad and really weird beyond the attempt to be funny. So, Barry tells one of them to toss a snack at him for him to get it, he gets distracted, it hits him in the face and drops to the floor, and... what, it just vanishes out of existence? He couldn't just super-speed pick that up and eat it?

His fumble is deliberately there to set up the "haha funny fakeout" of him going straight to the vending machine in midair later when people expect him to go straight to rescuing the babies, because he's running on empty. But he could've just snatched up some food literally on the way there without missing a single beat; theoretically there are TONS of vending machines between the cafe he was at and the hospital he was going to.

That whole rescue was goofy and way out of the realm of seriousness. For one, babies cry. The laughing babies who are having the time of their short as the world explodes and they fall from the top floor to their death is done for the same reason they have him rescue them in the silliest sequence I think I've ever seen in a Superhero movie, because it isn't serious.
Yeah but see, people don't like serious topics being treated seriously, that's way too dark. Especially when it involves people dying to hazards caused by the villains. What they want is Big Ol' Galoots, and rescuing cats, babies, and nuns. Superficially saving people from random hazards means the character is a hero, and they have to do it with a smile. /S

Also Quicksilver did that entire sequence better in DOFP and Apocalypse. The Time in a Bottle sequence is especially goated.

Also, Why is it that these people can't get Batman right? Once again they seem to want to make a joke out of him. The lasso joke wasn't funny in the Whedon cut and it wasn't funny here. I caught very little of what he actually said but one was a moronic line about being better off giving away his money and how it would solve more problems that way. Wayne is a genius and he'd know that just throwing money away solves nothing! Whatever morron wrote this should be forced to give their paycheck to wind and see how it literally does nothing. Just let Affleck write Batman. He gets the character, he wrote him and he knows how to make him bad ass. You lot don't.
Yeah but, Jokes! /S

Pretty sure he said something about how he uses his role as Batman as a coping method or something.

The kicker is that these are superficial cheap shots made for people that don't understand the systems that exist and different corruptions on an institutional level that keep people in line, in this case poor and doing crime, that one single man can't solve because it wasn't built by a single man. Bruce giving his money away doesn't solve anything because who is distributing that money? What fake jobs would they come up with to pay their own employees first under the guise of "overhead costs" so the people in need only see a fraction of that money that Bruce would give away?

"The Batman" may have been executed like a neoliberal's wet dream but even that movie understood that Thomas Wayne being ready to give money away wasn't enough because the corrupt police and the mob contrived a way to make themselves rich off of the money while the orphans it was supposed to help continued to starve and die, and Bruce himself didn't care enough to look into it.

So this is why we have Bruce blithering about "giving money away" and not stuff that's actually true, like "we need educational reform so that people are more discerning and critical thinkers instead of replaceable corporate/political drones thinking what their superior wants them to think", "the media is increasingly truth-/fact-averse and operates on keeping people inflamed with constant negativity, worsening the mental health of the growing or aging population", and "the mental health system needs to be divorced from the justice system so that people get the help they need BEFORE they commit a crime, not after or as a consequence of it, while still maintaining their human respect and dignity".

But like, less seriously speaking, not sure what Batman can do if Gotham in the DCEU turned out to be built on top of a Native American burial ground, a Lazarus Pit, or a literal hellmouth. That place is canonically ****ed just to keep selling comics.

While we're at it, this was a waste of Gadot. Have her in the action or don't bother at all. The scene with her appearance was utterly awkward and unfunny (and the fact that she flew away was just uuuggghhhhh). Same with Arthur's, while we're at it. The fact that they just kept embarrassing the heroes like that, throwing pie in their faces, as it were, is infuriating. What the hell is it with you lot?
Gadot, Momoa, and even Cavill get clowned on (and I guess Miller too, while we're at it) because they're Snyder castings. I'm not even saying this to insinuate at conspiracy, but there was no reason for the Aquaman puddle joke or the "Aquaman has sex with fish" joke in Peacemaker. There's no reason to give Gadot a poor showing here after her antics in 84 and her cameo in Shazam 2 where she casually revives Billy from the dead after even Josstice League had her object to reviving Superman willy-nilly.

It's honestly a good thing you didn't devote brainpower to this because the fact that Arthur Curry doesn't exist, but Orm didn't take over or obliterate the surface world would really be... I mean it's there. Lmao. They really just skipped the implication of Arthur straight up not existing because they did the most just to avoid the Amazons vs Atlanteans conflict.

Her story is also much more interesting than I'd give it credit for off the trailers. My issue with her, and Keaton's Batman, and Zod, and Fiora is that there are too many people and not enough time dedicated to everyone. Ironically, a huge problem the movie has is that it's too long for its own good but it's too short for the good of its characters. This needed to be spread out better. The Berry's had too much d**kin' around time on screen and nobody else got enough time to really shine as their potential would let them. Basically, yeah, more of them.
You know what would've been sick? Exploring the worldbuilding of MoS: since Kal is literally the only free/natural birth of Krypton, it means Kara was programmed to have a role the same way Zod was programmed to protect Krypton. What was her purpose? Was it somehow specifically protecting Kal? Was it protecting the Codex that she now somehow has? And seeing as how she got experimented on by the same humans that Johnathan was protecting Clark from, wouldn't she be tempted by Zod wanting to revive Krypton where she'd be among her own people? What, literally cause Bruce and the Barries saved her?

What would've been sicker is having Cavill play Kal on Zod's side if Zod decided to raise him as his own son and indoctrinated into the culture, and having Kara fight Kal, but instead they had Zod kill Baby Kal-El and no one who complained about Clark snapping Zod's neck because it was "edgy" batted an eye at that plot point.

But like, nah, it's cool that uhhhhhhhhhh Kara watches Zod kill some soldiers and just gives a soft "No" at the sight of the slaughter or something, I guess. And then she doesn't even bother destroying the World Engines like Clark did, which should be part of the reason the world in that timeline keeps getting destroyed. They really bothered to put in the "only Superman can stop Zod" detail in such a weird way where they don't even acknowledge just why he was so successful.

Ultimately, the movie was mediocrity from start to finish. Full of great potential that never saw realized. Great ideas without any actualization. For example, what about Clooney? What? Is he the new Batman or was it just another easter egg? I'd love to see a new Clooney Batman. He's become a far more impressive actor in his last 10 years and, like Affleck, has had a lot of success as a dramatic actor and director, but is he actually going to become the new Batman? If so are they going to treat him just like Affleck's where they won't take him seriously again? I can't help but feel we're just going to waste the potential that this actor can bring in, too, all for a joke.
If it goes anywhere I'll be surprised, but probably not; even if they have Andy Muschietti down to direct Batman: The Brave and the Bold, this is still the director dumb enough to have a Flashpoint movie without Reverse Flash in it, to explore it in a Flash sequel that's not going to happen, without explaining why Henry Allen staying home the day Nora died somehow intimidated Reverse Flash from committing the murder. As far as the continuity is concerned, it was Clooney for cheap nostalgia and to erase the idea of Henry Cavill appearing in the post-credits to have both Superman and Supergirl on screen.

I know Muschietti is a competent director but this is not the best I've seen from him. I don't know if it was the studio, a producer or what, nor do I care. This movie, if it's a sign of what's to come, has driven me to apathy for whatever is next for DC. I saw the movie and no amount of Keaton Batman can draw me in to watch it again.
Yeah but like, James Gunn though. He's running DC now and he's not Zack Snyder, so this means the new lineup is going to be automatically good because it's not the Snyderverse. /S

So here's a question: if a movie featuring one Batman and one Superman (and one Wonder Woman) was supposed to make over a billion dollars at the box office, how much money was a movie with at least two Flashes, a Wonder Woman, a Supergirl, 4 Supermans, and 4 Batmans supposed to make? Because that's an easy 5 billion right there according to idiots on the internet still mad that a movie from 7 years and 15 films ago gave them an interpretation they didn't like, and the switch up is so crazy from "this movie from Snyder should've made billions" to "Superman Legacy will lose money and that's okay", but anyway it's really brave for current and past WB to try and bury the foundation that was originally set-up, only to tank so badly on every aspect they swore they would do better in, including the box office. It's so brave.

Anyway Rebel Moon is coming.

And WBD is reportedly looking to sell half of its TV and movie publishing assets for $500M, according to Variety.

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021
The Barbie movie came out, containing a very light-hearted joke about the Snyder Cut. Depending on who you ask, this joke either fell flat with audiences and makes WB come off as a bitter ex, or the joke is actively poking fun at the executives for their behavior around the Snyder Cut.

The fact of the matter is that Zack Snyder's Justice League was name-dropped. Similar jokes were made concerning the Rocky series and The Godfather, which are both well-received critically.

A notable anti-Snyder "journalist" then turned the joke into something that it isn't, raising up the Boogeyman of “toxic male fandom”, when the movement was spearheaded and maintained by women (Fiona, et al.)

F1pCgvrX0AEX65N

The key here is that even with the quote and the added context, it doesn't even do a good job of framing the quote/dig as bad, because if the context is that the women were oppressed, and Alexandra's Barbie was herself "really invested", isn't that an admission that the Snyder Cut fans were institutionally oppressed???

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021
Rolling Stone put out an article naming the top 50 "Greatest Superhero Movies of All Time" list and originally put Zack Snyder's Justice League at the #1 spot:

F2UqycpWEAAIBTB

F2U7XkYbsAAA47A

The tweet of it was retracted, and the article was edited, with ZSJL placed at the bottom at #50.

F2U4WGwWUAA8p1f

Still a global phenomenon, baybeeeeeeee~

Anyway,

Snyder is officially giving more promotion to Blue Beetle than James Gunn is, given this tweet:

0f2hruv7r5fb1.jpg

While Gunn gave a canned tweet and shared the trailer, Snyder made a more personal message and it looks like he's shared a promotional image that hasn't been seen before.
Ah, look at this "vindictive evil mastermind" that was-- *checks notes* --trying to take over DC and using Ray Fisher to do it, and claiming he would "destroy WB on social media"!

The above tweet proceeded to get more likes and views in 3 hours than Gunn's tweet had in 3 weeks, which is weird, because Snyder doesn't use Twitter like that and Gunn supposedly has his finger on the pulse of fandom and constantly engages with fans on Twitter.

BB's director thanked Zack, and said he's been a big fan of Snyder since his commercial days.

F2TDfHhXAAAjzBD

Love to see it.

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021
Gal Gadot recently released a statement reported through sites like Vanity Fair and Rolling Stone, that Gunn and Safran had spoken with her on her involvement in a future Wonder Woman 3:

F3M9XgiWEAEkKeg

Gunn used Variety to debunk this statement, despite how specific it sounds:

F3M9XgVXoAATthh

Except uhhhhh, he did? he did meet with Gal Gadot, and confirmed that he and Safran "didn't let Gal go".
Source: literally himself.

F3M_SqaWoAE_xBP

F3M-phEW8AArAAu

F3M94wTX0AA2TE3

And here's a quick summary of what Gunn has said about Ben Affleck versus what Affleck has said, and what David Ayer has said versus what Gunn has (or has not) said:

F3M-Cf-WoAEy90R

F3M-C1tXsAIB-Z2

So who's right? Who is telling the most accurate account here?

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021
Blue Beetle is the 7th flop in a row for DC movies not counting Joker and The Batman which are Elseworlds stories. Joker especially doesn't count because WB's lack of faith in the product led to its budget being backed by other studios, meaning the 1B it earned in the box office had to be split with said other studios and didn't go straight to WB. Thank the executives for that.

As usual, Zack Snyder "poisoning the brand" over 7 years ago was being blamed as the culprit.
But instead of letting the "real DC fans" peddle their lies about how they don't have a pathological obsession with him and his family, just play the Curb Your Enthusiasm theme over these images.

F38cJ7VacAAdE3b

F38qdy2bUAAvHrR

F3_irjMWEAA_VNZ

F3-zFa1WgAEyclq

F38qeRVbwAEmm2_

F4ACw1SXcAE3T9E

F38qeBXaQAAdA3H

Personal insult to Zack and misattribution of Ben Affleck's struggle with alcoholism and suicide,
Mention of Snyder's deceased daughter on a Blue Beetle promotional post,
Unfounded accusation that Snyder is a sex pest,
Compilations of images here, here, here, here, here, and here
Plus an ongoing thread about "Film Critics'" and "Journalists'" "professionalism" towards Snyder.

Last edited:

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021

DC Comics President Thought Joss Whedon's Justice League Was Terrible

Marvel Studios pioneered the idea of a slate of upcoming films and TV shows displayed for fans that showed a planned rollout of connected stories, and Warner Bros. followed suit for DC's movies. But Diane Nelson wasn't happy. "The idea of a slate just felt like window dressing. The bottom line is, there was never a thoughtful, well-controlled, confidential slate process, and I think it's the single biggest thing that made us look amateurish, certainly relative to Marvel, if not just on its own."
"[...] even if it wasn't a conscious decision that Zack Snyder was our Kevin Feige, from a consumer standpoint, that's kind of what happened for a while there. There's a place for Zack's movies, and I would've always wanted Zack to be a part of the DC filmmaker lineup. But should he have been the one defining that universe? Maybe not, in hindsight. Hard questions."
"My characterization is Joss [Whedon] was a bit of a shiny penny during a time when they were looking for something shiny to grab onto… Yeah, I mean, I thought the final film was terrible. Yeah, I mean, I would have much preferred a darker-than-I-wanted or longer-than-I'd hoped-for Zack Snyder cut than the Frankenstein cut we got in theatres. The Trinity characters of Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman should have, by any measure, blown any other superhero movie away, and they didn't."

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021
In Case You Missed It:

Inflammatory comments insulting Burton's and Nolan's takes on Batman were found in James Gunn's personal Facebook account.

16932340529477576988018511523763.jpg

16932340699327033490780726333653.jpg

16932340808763194518434736091609.jpg

In theory, there's nothing wrong with simply not liking a movie, but this is beyond not liking a movie. In case it needed repeating, this guy was already in his late 40s 11 years ago and even then, he sounded like a typical, hyperbolic, terminally online insufferable nerd that doesn't belong anywhere in a C-suite with power over the exact properties he so vehemently dislikes. He's THE example of the type of writer no one wants around "respected IPs". (Plus, does he think the Guardians of the Galaxy series is comic-book accurate the way it is in the MCU?)

Screenshots of these comments resulted in a rabid defense by his fandom about how "the account is fake" and "these were posted 11 years ago", though Gunn clearly had a personal account and a separate professional account made when his personal account exceeded the Facebook follower limit. Defenders also still bring up that Zack once compared how dark Watchmen was to Nolan's Dark Knight trilogy simply because he mentioned r*pe being subject matter in Watchmen that wouldn't feature in the Nolan trilogy (he was correct).

The apologists were also perfectly willing to ignore Gunn's "edgy" jokes sexualizing Justin Bieber back when Bieber was just 16, his association with known p*dophiles and sex pests and hosting p*do-themed parties, his tweets that Disney fired him over initially, his harassment and humiliation of young women in reality TV shows under the pretense of making them "famous" in horror-movies, and the blog posts about which heroes he'd want to get into bed with.

One doubts they'd have given Snyder this much leeway if any of these comments had been done under his name.

Anyway, Gunn deleted his personal Facebook account in direct response to these comments being found on said account. Sucks to suck.

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021
The latest claim is that the inflammatory Batman comments and the subsequent deletion of the account were the result of a hack.

So a hacker went back in time to 11 years ago to make the Batman comments? Or the account was hacked for an entire decade with no retaliation from Gunn, no warning to his followers, no attempt at wresting his account back, no attempt at deleting those comments closer to the time they were made and/or found out, and no escalation from the hacker into scamming Gunn's close friends.
How are inflammatory Batman comments the result of a hack, but the p*do comments on his Twitter were entirely from him? Priorities!

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
In theory, there's nothing wrong with simply not liking a movie, but this is beyond not liking a movie. In case it needed repeating, this guy was already in his late 40s 11 years ago and even then, he sounded like a typical, hyperbolic, terminally online insufferable nerd

Ngl, the fact that you, of all people, are accusing someone to sound like that is hilarious to me. The way Gunn was expressing himself there is exactly how you sound on these forums all the time. Food for thought.

Now watch yourself getting absolutely ****ed for getting called out, and reply in your usual angry barking tone totally proving my point. LOL
And I already know, if you'l don't do it, it's just to try and prove me wrong even though that is 100% what you actually wanna do.

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021
It's come to light via The Rolling Stone that HBO used botted accounts to speak ill of critics of their television shows.

It's amusing that the same publication that tried to say a real life person (Fiona Zheng) was a bot at the behest of their executive masters and that the ZSJL fandom and campaign was "fueled by bots" turns around and exposes the same executives for having done the same thing, particularly Casey Bloys who is "obsessed with Twitter" and “always wants to pick a fight” on the site. Bloys had since conceded since that publication that making the bot accounts "was a really bad idea". He was head of HBO (one of them, with Ann Sarnoff) during ZSJL and has half the fans blocked on Twitter as-is given the terminally online status.

Insert series of screencaps from pages ago featuring bot accounts all saying the exact same disparaging comments about Batman v Superman, getting bizarrely inflammatory about Autumn Snyder, etc., because the concept of HBO (and WB) using bots to slander specific figures online didn't magically originate in 2020 and was most assuredly being employed before then.

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021
I'll let this speak for itself (though he did not "end" the Snyderverse):

17024063716867077401921180343444.jpg

berto

I Saw the Devil
I wonder how, in many, many years from now, people will interpret this whole thing. It is a huge mess.
Everyone I know whose opinions I respect hated this movie. I don't get it. I don't know why. I have these movies in 4k so I dig the s**t out of them but I feel like I'm missing something when no one I know does, like I'm getting it wrong. I know when I like bad movies, I know what my guilty pleasures are, this isn't that. I sincerely thought this was one of, if not, the best superhero movie I've ever seen and I feel like I'm going crazy for thinking that.

Top Bottom