• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The Original Scenario of Bio Hazard 4 (Devil May Cry)

Status
Not open for further replies.

berto

I Saw the Devil
GRIFFON
6770D.png

FIisI.png

2ステーヅ
BOSS
"グリフォン"
Stage 2
Boss
"Griffon"
GytkA.jpg

単純にデッカイ鳥のモンスターを作りたかったのがグリフォン誕生の理由です。
良く見ると頭がたくさんあってちょっと気持ち悪いデザインになっていますが、この辺はバイオ時代の名残です。
最初にモデルを制作して画面に出した時は、もっと小さいサイズでした。僕が「これじゃ小さいよー」と言うと、スタッフは口々に「充分でしょう」と答えましたが、それでもソフトマンに言って1.5倍ほどにデカくしてもらいました。そしたらその巨大感がみんなに大好評。迫力が命のデビルですから、やっぱりそれくらいは行かないとね。もっとデカくしたかったのですが、収まる舞台が無かったのでガマンしました。
ちなみに、コイツが地上で暴れる時のモーションを作る時には「T-レックスみたいにして!」とリクエストしました。僕、恐竜大好きなのですが、デビルに恐竜出すわけには行かないなーと思ったので…でも出せば良かったな(笑)。

Vbrc8.jpg

BLADE
JmWC0.png

3ステーヅ
中型モンスター
"ブレイド"
Stage 3
Medium-Sized Monster
"Blade"
suy8W.jpg

実はコイツは、バイオシリーズの「ハンター」をモチーフにデザインしたモンスターです。
ホラーテイストのハンターを、アクションゲームの世界で暴れるアクティブなモンスターに生まれ変わらせるため、全身をよりシャープに、爬虫類に近い躍動感あるシルエットに変更したのです。強力な武器であるツメも更にパワーアップさせ、刀のように長く、切れ味鋭く…というのが名前の由来。
デビル開発中、一番最初に画面に出たのもコイツです。デザイン、モーションアニメーション共に当初から完成度が高く、現在までほとんど変更されていません。ただ世界観を変更し、溶岩弾を吐いたり鎌やハサミを振り回す派手な魔界モンスターが続々出来上がって来ると、単なるトカゲ丸出しで素っ裸のブレイドの姿があまりに貧祖に思えてきて…急遽 盾と兜を着せることに。急場の措置ではありましたが、めちゃくちゃカッコ良くなりました。
コイツに関しては、登場シーンが一番のお気に入り。映画「X-MEN」のウルヴァリンのコミカルな1シーンを拝借したのですが、分かります?

NIGHTMARE
jbaD5.png

2RYIs.png

DkCtw.jpg

5ステーヅ (ミサイルサイロ)
BOSS
"ナイトメア"
Stage 5 (Missile Silo)
Boss
"Nightmare"
jcDna.jpg

スライムモンスターが欲しい! …という単純な発想で生まれたモンスターです。しかし、ただドロドロしているだけでは面白くないので、まぶしい光を受けると硬い殻を被って固まるような性質を持たせ、ゲル状の時には、ドロドロの体の中に殻の部品や、これまでに取り込んだ人間の白骨がプカプカ浮いている…というデザインが出来上がりました。
昔遊んだ「スライム」というオモチャがヒントになっています。
デビルにおいては、ボス級のモンスターは皆人間の言葉を話しますが、コイツはロボットのように行動し、喋ったとしてもR2―D2のようにピポピポとマシン語(?)を話すような、そんなヤツをイメージしました。目も鼻も口も無いし、話しそうにないですしね…。
「ウィーン」とモーターのような音と共にハッチが開いて中からコアが出て来たり、バルカン砲を連射したり、ミサイルを発射したり…ワケの分からないヤツです(笑)。
デビルに関しては「悪魔ってのは、こう!」というルールを特に決めていません。
カッコ良ければ、面白ければなんでもアリの精神で制作に望みました。ですから、コイツのような悪魔もアリなのです。個人的に大好きなヤツです。
コイツに飲み込まれると、異空間というか、悪夢の精神世界に飛ばされますが、これは現場スタッフのアイデア。まさに「ナイトメア(悪夢)」の名前にふさわしい攻撃です。

berto

I Saw the Devil
Dante's partner design concepts of Bio4 era.
Ptn8Z.jpg

jNWaY.jpg

C8NvS.jpg

D3D8b.png

vQYPn.png

7uFZe.png

wW5k5.png

N5CRO.png

rcmJi.png

Random Bio4 era Dante artwork.
VrR16.png

1w2dI.png

CId61.jpg

Early version of DMC.
neUcO.png

xZptL.jpg

CGZ2G.jpg

WBJIx.jpg

DTce0.jpg

The setting was a solitary island in the distant sea. More specifically, the Sargasso Sea.

The Sargasso Sea is a region in the gyre in the middle of the North Atlantic Ocean.

元々『船の墓場』を意味する言葉ですが、海底ステージにセットされたこの骸骨モンスターを見て、きっと船を襲ったりしたんだろうなぁ…と解釈して、この名前を付けました。
当初、このモンスターは制作リストに入っていなかったのですが、ナイトメアの異空間ステージ用に現場スタッフが作ってくれ、それをステージ1の海底にセットしたため、こんな名前が付くに至りました。本当はサルガッソーでも何でも無い(笑)。
アゴをカクカク動かす、コミカルで憎めない奴です。
余談ですが、こいつが最初に登場する海底神殿ステージの背景を良く見ると、零戦が墜落しているのが見えます。こんなものまで海底に引きこんだのでしょうか。
ディレクター 神谷 英樹

http://www.capcom.co.jp/devil/column/vol005.html
では“古城”という舞台は? 城とは本来、厳かで威風堂々とした佇まいがあります。しかしその中を走りまわり、派手なBGMに乗って、悪魔相手に銃や剣で大暴れする魔人ダンテ…想像したら、これも実にワクワクするではないですか!
特に斬新さや奇抜さを狙ったわけではありません。Devilには、僕自身が楽しそうでワクワクすることを、素直に盛り込んでみたのです。

Incomplete. Says the "old castle" originally had a majestic atmosphere with an opposing air.

Regarding Griffon:
良く見ると頭がたくさんあってちょっと気持ち悪いデザインになっていますが、この辺はバイオ時代の名残です。

"If you look well, there are many heads and it has a slightly unpleasant design, but this here was a vestige of the BIO age."

About the new scenario and Sugimura.
http://game.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/20010411/capcom.htm

Misc.
http://www.gamespot.com/news/capcom-changes-devil-may-cry-gameplay-2765132

lorddemolatron

I think im sort of dimensional traveller lol
Premium
I have some translation of these Japanese texts first one is that archive what one of users mentioned in their post:

Dante Angelo and pendant are applied to the neck, but there seems to be some sort of causal relationship, it is unknown at this time any such information.

Called "Dante" the hero of this game, it is a silver-haired swordsman magic. Red and black dress clothes of the main bitter, manly face and so cool, is cool.
One. Nice to meet you for the first time, the director of "Devil May Cry", is Hideki Kamiya.
I was to be responsible for this column. I think I've been so busy working production reached a climax as well, and find something interesting every time, and I want to write.
I will talk with the origin of the name "Devil" is the first time.
As you know, the development was progressing as "Bio-4" The first is "Devil", switch to the full in the middle of the original, the new title is required.
2. "Bio new Debirumei
Initially, Cry "The latest development was started as a bio for the PlayStation 2. Proposition for the "Bio-made with the latest high-performance hard", from producer Mikami called "me to new bio more" was presented. Tokimekasu the chest, but staff is not going to rush to the daily study next to consider seeking the answer to that "new biotechnology" ... the word ... This.
Not intended to come out easily, the answer is the way to establish the main theme was very difficult. I think you have to have been involved in the production of bio 1,2, myself, "the new thing! Want to" and, it was possible to clarify but I think what you want to do. It is a visual representation of a polygon by the full.
There are some screens of dynamic camera work freely, also that I wanted to update the image of biotechnology,'m not cool hero that is reflected in the more distant fixed cut "more than that!
I want to produce cool, a brave hero to shoot a gun at the enemy! This is because there was a feeling that ".
I came here with the pin. Cool ... "do"? What would be "Yes, that is put in front of and above all look cool, fun to fight?
I was saying that I do not have the theme of "fear" Mikami also, but this theme is! "So ..., making games is cool I have taken the first step.
6. Trial introduction monster finally came out! !
Articles in Devil, began a variety of magazines, from the long-awaited column is here, let's write some things that can not be read in the article about the magazine.
The trial version, three different types of monsters come out roughly. The first is the first to appear, "marionette" of a big doll. I have designed this guy as a human being with a body of flesh and blood man-made originally, but it's creatures I am proud that we put the works, because it changes the doll ... and I'm a resident of Makai precious. It comes to "Let's also put yarn" Then was the wooden puppet.
Then like the Grim Reaper with a sickle and scissors, fluffy flying devil "SIN (sin)." Tang Yan programmers these guys, real name (
Since Wame rather "I want him to fly in the sky") hemp Karatsu, will give a Reaper ya! It is the guy who came up and simply. It seems like it is being stingy was planning the motion because it floats, I have a huge amount eventually increased stiffness were going.
"Phantom" of the boss monster at the end. At first I was a guy just was comb big spider just be this guy, so I started to say the staff "and want to spit a fireball from the mouth", suddenly I "and try to lava inside exoskeleton Well ..." changes. Add sound effects and simmer say, the effect of burning like a mirage, was transformed into a monster of power.
9. Devil from the beginning of development of background, I was thinking, "Let's go with the full background of this polygon." Than the quality of the picture one piece, but Because it was necessary movement of the camera, greed came out the background of the full polygon and has done really, who ~ ... bio example "is a picture Jan was beautiful! the unreasonable demand on staff and background. "
Also worked with two biotechnology Junya Tasaki had taken command of the production background is (aka Junior). When you realize the background to explore the technology of unique full polygon around him, do not take comparable to CG rendered, in order to maintain the quality that, in turn, have come to the necessary material is large textures further.
So that was the plan, travel and research material for the collection. Objects and sculpture of the Gothic, for some pictures of the brick wall, cobblestone, and mossy door to realistic weathering (or rather real), we went on a journey of 11 days United Kingdom, Spain.
While there may be people envious to hear that "travel", riding super express the Spain, such as round-trip distance between Tokyo and Osaka in the day, it was just forced march outrageous. I think the experience was exposed to air in Europe, and brought a great effect on the game, and I got to the end of material hardship, however.
10. Scenario devised the scenario story began in about a year and a half ago. At the time, the title was so "Bio 4" yet, proceeded in the direction of inclusion in the world of biotechnology the "coolness" of the main theme. Hero statue called "immortal man with the ability beyond human understanding" is what was done at this time. Because it is the world of biotechnology, superhuman ability had been included as a pillar of the story also biotechnology is turned underlay, solve the mystery of his body.
Not accompanied by the changes to the original title, but to rewrite the scenario too. Hero of superhuman rage in the world of biotechnology will change the view of the world to hell ... I had quite liked, he personally tried to rewrite freely.
In this case the name "Dante" was also decided, rather than such as "superman" can be explained by science, with more missing, what about the guy on the other as strong as the devil, is not it?
Without you to enjoy the pure strength of the hero, the coolness, it is difficult moral, straightforward story!
Dark Hero draw the blood of Satan Makai VS bad guys. Him, the man draw the blood of the strongest magic swordsman legend was once touted as yet!
you do not hear the bad guy say that, with the power to twist one's arm bushings skip!
Have fun, good people over here!
I'm easy, I went ... devoted to the world of Devil.
11. Information disclosure of the "Devil" mission control has resumed!
There are a lot of parts that have evolved during the last months of trial ○. Among them, a system called "mission control" what was not in a whole new trial.
In fact, as initially the "bio" Devil also, he had been creating a type of game you go from room to room. Direction that aims Devil, hardcore action flashy but exhilarating. Go defeat hit and kick and kill shooting, a formidable enemy to appear from one minute to the next is the main, and has devoted himself to it, that "one by one, did I use where this item in the map vast? for remembering that I "is ridiculously tiresome!
Not mean that ..., I tried to change the system to make such a small purpose play a good time, just like fight freely in it. Mechanism that prevents the way for the players as well, but not like a puzzle, of the type that we overcome the main technique in action. In this system, the better the devil is in the speedy tempo further, took a more polished "coolness."
By the way, the volume is swollen to about twice the original plan.
I though it was a husband who can play in the game, such as a day can be cleared, go fast ... strange.
Hello Second, "I want to know more of the story behind? Devil". Let me talk about the various settings back a little devil this time.
Message "Virgil and Dante" have the Amulet of Dante, the mother is engraved keepsake. Only "Virgil" this is the name of Dante's twin brother was killed. Tell us definitely ... I'm sorry, Dante's brother so it seems there was a typographical error as "brother" in this certain capture.
In order to avenge his brother, and his mother was killed when he was young, we keep hunting Dante is a devil.
Story called "mother and brother were killed" is only spoken from the mouth of Dante, originally included in this volume as a flashback, the episode of life and mother Eva Dante's brother Vergil lost to the king of the devil I was planning. Cut with a problem ... that the period of production, however. Killed the mother and brother, why did Dante survived only?
I think that drama will not talk about yet now, in some way, and I want to make someday and chitin.
The other guy would be the enemy of promise.
Wield the sword against a rigid half-human half-demon Dante grew up in the human world, trained in the Makai, Makai knight pure.
Who has stood in front of Dante superhuman ability to manipulate, the same ability!
This guy clash of swords and sword to be nearly equal.
It is solid but I do not feel the romance burning!
You can also be turned using the things Dante motion, is also in the work deals.
Had been set up from the time of the "Bio" is also the title guy.
But did not like the fiendish appearance at that time, of course.
Tell when you change the setting of the Makai warriors, "The guy is wearing a devil in the gastric body armor like Gotsu" The modelers, I'll leave the rest. Distinctive shape of the horn is as referring to the characters in the "The Cell".
Cloak also still promise. Without it, not with parentheses appearance scene. I say I was much impossible to programmers ... responsible.
Puppet that there are more than 2 meters. This guy is what was originally designed as a zombie. Castellan feel a bad taste, has built up to gather the corpses, that monsters like Frankenstein. It's when I am proud that we put all the settings have been changed to Makai, the creature is moving, because there are people of hell pains, suspicious attempts to change the doll moving on its own though!
It comes to remodeling began.
Change all the tree-like texture of rotten corpses, the movement was like hanging out in the thread was too painful motion. Come ride the momentum was watching marionette which came out on the screen in this way, "Let us also put yarn or better yet ..." I tried to actually, you is not it surprisingly good.
I think this time in Monster, it was the most successful monster remodeling.
's Called "Let's make a big spider monster was comb" is the origin of the idea.
Since the monster that was designed to when I was a "bio" is the title yet, but it is what was designed in the motif of real organisms. I had to ... due to have altered the "Makai" view of the world, ... and let § Nakerya Yara powered up, or any guy, but staff meetings.
, In a meeting that "Let me spit out magma to this guy? Whether" such as that, opinions surprising, but I was out, through a gap in the exoskeleton white, this phantom, the body surface of the meat vivid is seen initially creatures (?) usually have. Magma suddenly in his vomit like that, there is a sense of discomfort too. Whether from a monster of Makai, came up with an attack ... we want to dynamic lava, but I got to the lava rather, the contents of the body of the guy but? It is ... the idea. Lava lava that flows endlessly in the exoskeleton, and attack. Thus, the monster "phantom" of burning lava that is not born.
Initially, it had been designed as a monster of a giant black cat that just, I was to be in accordance with the change of world view, change the monster Makai guy also.
At that meeting Karajan real programmer (
So started to say, "I want to make a morphing monsters") hemp Karatsu, work to remodel to morphing monsters Brilliant, this black cat monster that I had begun. I like the color black shadow was just a good monster to alter the shape of various appearance.
Intact, or rush to change the cutter the whole body, setting of "agile move around like a cat," and come and bite transformed into a giant head, "Devil and the demons seem
I became a monster seems flashy May Cry ".
You named the overlord of hell, it looks just great big fly.
Beelzebub was stuck in, and I is the presence of two types of terrestrial and airborne mold.
The world of insects, because there is a different guy in the male and female figure, I wanted to put out the presence of beings as such.
In the Devil, but also aims coolness of monsters, with respect to this guy is a vivid creature from the design to the other, was thoroughly pursue the bad feelings.
Scattered or body fluids or vomit ... maggots. Dante is unfazed and is throwing a knife, or even be cut with a sickle, I'll just attack where the guy does not want to eat maggots absolute.
Wanted to make a monster of huge bird simply is the reason why the birth of Griffon.
Although it is a bad design there are a lot of feeling a little head If you look closely, this area is a relic of the era of biotechnology.
When I put it on the screen to produce the first model was a smaller size. I answered and I said "yo think this small", severally and staff "would be enough," was send down to about 1.5 times the big comb to say still soft man. Very popular in the sense of its huge And then everyone. Because the force of life is the devil, and not go about it too. I was more Taka~tsu big comb, so I did not have the patience to fit the stage.
By the way, I have a request! "Be like a T-Rex" when you make a motion on the ground when the guy is violent. I think so ... but, I love dinosaurs, and I can not give Na Devil Dinosaur Am I should have put out (laughs).
This guy is a monster that was designed in the motif of "hunter" of bio series actually.
Order to make the active monster reborn in the world of violent action game, the hunter of horror taste, the sharper the whole body, but it did change the silhouette that is closer to the reptile uplifting. To power up even more nails is a powerful weapon, as long sword, it's that the origin of the name ... sharp sharpness.
This guy is a devil in development, was also out on the very first screen. Design, a high degree of perfection from the very beginning both motion animation, it has not been until now very few changes. Makai monsters flashy just to change the view of the world, wielding a sickle and scissors or spit lava bullets as they come one after another finished, the figure of the Blade is naked ... and suddenly come to seem to them too poor lizard with bare mere
That shield and wearing a helmet. There were in the emergency measures was insanely good brackets.
With respect to this guy, my favorite scene appeared. I have borrowed one comical scene of Wolverine "X-MEN" film, I understand?
Want slime monsters! I'm a monster ... who was born in a simple idea that. But I to have such a property firm suffered a hard shell, so not interesting just're mushy However, when subjected to bright light, and the parts of the shell, when the gel-like, so far in the body of the muddy design of the human skeleton taken ... that is floating sound of smth. floating has been completed.
Once upon a time I played a toy called "slime" is a hint.
The Devil is the boss monster class speaks the language of all human beings, this guy will act like a robot, such as machine language and speak Pipopipo a question mark (?), Such as R2-D2 even talk I had the image of a guy. The eyes and nose and mouth no, it is not likely to do ... talk.
Coming out of the core or in the hatch is opened with the sound of the motor, such as the "Vienna", or Vulcan cannon blazing, I'm the guy you do not know or to launch ... WAKE (laughs) missile.
Devil regard: "It 'the devil! Way" in particular the rule that have not decided.
Permitting brackets, I wanted to work in the spirit of Ali Anything will do as long as it is amusing. So, it is a devil ant like this guy. It is a personal favorite guy.
When swallowed by this guy, or rather a different space, but skip to the spirit of the nightmare world, this is the idea of ​​field staff. Exactly is an attack worthy of the name "Nightmare (Nightmare)" on.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Neat, thanks for posting. I own the Graphic Edition, but obviously it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me at this point.

sylvanas

One Hell of a Member
i was quite surprised to find out that dmc was based off of RE4...i was also shocked to discover that dante was based off of leon! then it all made sense since leon also has smartass comments to share in RE4. I'd like to think that Dante is an advanced version of leon. But hey, don't get me wrong, leon's a whole bag of sunshine. What i'm trying to say is that i'm glad this was made into an entirely different series. The Devil May Cry series is just awesome!

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
It would be kinda of awesome if Capcom were to release some RE game that had 1.5 and 3.5's fog and hookman versions along side this i mean it would be pretty nice to actually get to play these

Reactions: V

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Seeing the earliest footage of RE4 in development with Leon walking down narrow corridors, or hallucinating and being attacked by dolls, or the Hook Man, the game it was shaping up to be looked visually better than RE4 turned out, IMO. Creepier, more atmospheric lighting and colors, just looks better somehow than what we finally got. But you can see the direction they were heading with it was more like Eternal Darkness or something than Resident Evil.

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
Seeing the earliest footage of RE4 in development with Leon walking down narrow corridors, or hallucinating and being attacked by dolls, or the Hook Man, the game it was shaping up to be looked visually better than RE4 turned out, IMO. Creepier, more atmospheric lighting and colors, just looks better somehow than what we finally got. But you can see the direction they were heading with it was more like Eternal Darkness or something than Resident Evil.
With the earlier footage of RE4 it looked graphically better than what we got and it controlled the same i would have really enjoyed seeing how it went and what direction Shinji Mikami would have taken the series but capcom had to screw it up.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Leon's actions seemed much slower than the final game, but maybe that was just the demonstration. If he did have to move around like that the game, it would have been better suited to psychological/survival horror than the action franchise it has turned into. People would probably find it too slow now.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
It's funny; if you take DMC1 Dante's face from the picture with him below the four Dantes on a row, and color his hair brown, it's Leon from RE6.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Well to be honest they can just explain away all of the ridiculous stuff by saying that Leon is just going Insane.
i was quite surprised to find out that dmc was based off of RE4...i was also shocked to discover that dante was based off of leon! then it all made sense since leon also has smartass comments to share in RE4. I'd like to think that Dante is an advanced version of leon. But hey, don't get me wrong, leon's a whole bag of sunshine. What i'm trying to say is that i'm glad this was made into an entirely different series. The Devil May Cry series is just awesome!
Originally Leon was kinda of a chav in RE2. it was only RE 4 where he became the ultimate badass and then in RE6 he becomes like DMC 2's dante..

Meg

Stop. Bumping. Old. Threads.

Make a new one if you want to add something new.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom