• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The only thing who can beat a son of Sparda is... another son of Sparda?

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Mundus' return in DMC 1 was to attempt to open the Hell Gate on Mallet Island. Mundus had been sealed away and therefor not at full power himself. Yet he still beats Vergil and enslaves him. Dante also needed Trish's help near the end. Even against a weakened Mundus. To me, Mundus could defeat Dante or Vergil.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
regardless if he came.back he would only have the powee.he died with which is DMC1 nelo or a little less and if he fought Dante from DMC4 or DMC2 even with yamato and his speed he would still be mangled by dante.

Exactly. You're right. That's why that comparison is unfair.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Mundus' return in DMC 1 was to attempt to open the Hell Gate on Mallet Island. Mundus had been sealed away and therefor not at full power himself. Yet he still beats Vergil and enslaves him. Dante also needed Trish's help near the end. Even against a weakened Mundus. To me, Mundus could defeat Dante or Vergil.

not so sure.on that DMC2 dante in majin dt or smt dante would be abke to beat mundus

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Because i was explainimg.that he was only.faster in the DMC3 time period

And in fact the only time you can make a comparison is DMC3's time. Not even DMC1, cause as Nelo Angelo he lost his signature features in favor of a different fighting style, that is not his original one.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
not so sure.on that DMC2 dante in majin dt or smt dante would be abke to beat mundus

Even if Dante surpasses Sparda, Mundus is no lesser demon. Sparda rebelled against Mundus. He was also lucky to seal him. He never defeated him. Dante being able to is still quite an assumption.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Nothing.is fair or unfair in a debate or discussion buddy.

You're wrong there. You can logically only make a comparison referring to the games in which they actually are together. It's like comparing a modern lion and a Smilodon. It makes no sense, since the two never met. The same way, you can't compare a DMC4 or DMC2 Dante to a DMC3 Vergil, for the simple reason that he's not there, and we can't know how strong he could have been if he kept living until DMC4 or 2.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
I only said he could beat him , mundus is an immortal so he technically can't die or be killed he can only.be defeated and sealed. Dante can defeat him.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
You're wrong there. You can logically make a comparison only referring to the games in which they actually are together. It's like comparing a modern lion and a Smilodon. It makes no sense, since the two never met. The same way, you can't compare a DMC4 or DMC2 Dante to a DMC3 Vergil, for the simple reason that he's not there, and we can't know how strong he could have been if he kept living until DMC4 or 2.

on that basis no character can be compared to another that wasn't in there respective.game with them but yet there are multiple nero vs vergil threads

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
on that basis no character can be compared to another that wasn't in there respective.game with them but yet there are multiple nero vs vergil threads

Yeah I didn't express myself well. You can do such a comparison, it's called speculation. But we weren't doing speculation about DMC3's Dante and Vergil.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
But if you say the only one who can beat a son of sparda is another one then it has to be spexulation as dante is alive and vergil isn't. DMC2 and shin megami dante are canon wise the most recent but only nelo is vergils most recent.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
But if you say the only one who can beat a son of sparda is another one then it has to be spexulation as dante is alive and vergil isn't. DMC2 and shin megami dante are canon wise the most recent but only nelo is vergils most recent.

Yes, yes, when I was saying that "we weren't doing speculation" I meant solely and only our talking of DMC3, not the thread. I apologize with you if I couldn't express myself better, English is not my mother tongue, I'm sure you realized xD

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
The point here I feel is that (forget any other character for a moment) Is it to be assumed that given how equal they are in blood, being brothers. Do we think that it is logical to assume that Vergil is the only one who can beat Dante and vice versa. And by beat, I mean kill. As I am guessing that is what is meant by the thread creator? :/

Because taking that into consideration, I would say that yes and no. Dante and Vergil could kill one another. But they are not invincible and their powers are limited. So even Mundus could kill Dante or Vergil. In fact we are to believe that Dante killed Vergil in DMC 1. Either that or he beat him and Mundus did the rest like he did to bird-face.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Because taking that into consideration, I would say that yes and no. Dante and Vergil could kill one another. But they are not invincible and their powers are limited. So even Mundus could kill Dante or Vergil.

Hmmm yeah I think you're right there. Thanks :)

Top Bottom