• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The new "Dante" pic thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
moseslmpg;291543 said:
You say that as if fangirls would wait for Capcom to confirm it. Those fics are already out there, no doubt about it.

We know that, but imagine how many MORE there would be if they were to confirm it.

Asmodaius

Hmm, I don't think Dante would be homosexual. Maybe bisexual, but either way, his sexual preferences are of no importance at all. In a game like Devil May Cry, a confirmation of his sexuality would do him absolutely no good at all. He is surrounded by gorgous ladies, but doesn't seem very interested in them romantically other than maybe a few flirtatious smirks here and there.

I'd prefer it to remain a mystery to let people imagine whatever they wish to. And I can't find a good reason for revealing his sexual preferences, because it shouldn't be the factor of how people see his personality. Dante is about being a troubled man with a demonic heritage and rebelling against it. That he is gay, straight, bi or into trees (dendrophilia, I believe it's called) is of no real interest to his character. Heck, he can do dead people in his spare time and I wouldn't care the least.

Daring Dylan

This is all we got now.
moseslmpg;291543 said:
You say that as if fangirls would wait for Capcom to confirm it. Those fics are already out there, no doubt about it.

Agreed with Moses. Most of the fanfictions of DMC are OOC slash/twincest right now (it's really hard to come across good IC slash for DMC). DT, it being confirmed if Dante was gay or bi wouldn't make more slash fangirls. The ones that are already are into that would just churn out more at twice the speed.

Asmodaius said:
Heck, he can do dead people in his spare time and I wouldn't care the least.
yo-dawg-at-first-i-was-like.jpg

Meg

Meg;291534 said:
Imagine the fanfics that would pop up if Dante was bi XD

^That was just a joke people. No need to take things so seriously. :lol:

Richtofen

Nein, not ze puppies!
Premium
Meg;291622 said:
^That was just a joke people. No need to take things so seriously. :lol:

I know. :lol: There are already enough fan fics out there with Dante being bi without the help of him being one. :p

veg-G

Mmm-hmm.....so what were we talking about again?
do you guys think there will be another game after this DmC one?.....even if this game is successful or failure?

moseslmpg

Asmo, I agree there is no reason to go into it, but by the same token, there was no reason for DmC to be created at all. And having a character with heterodox sexuality is one day to be "edgy" and "modern," which is apparently what they are going for. For real Dante, there's no reason to go into it because the world isn't realistic, but for Dino, I'm sure they could find some justification for revealing such things.

And btw, I feel like if Capcom confirmed Dante was anything except heterosexual, the fanfics would actually decrease, because it wouldn't be a taboo, hidden thing then. I don't know. Someone post some pictures.

moseslmpg

Hmm, I don't recognize that guy...is that Sephiroth with a haircut or something?

(That will be the standard reaction after DINO comes out)

Asmodaius

I generally think it is wrong to judge someone for their appearance. Just because Dante looks skinnier this time around doesn't mean he's gay, on drugs, being emo etc etc. I know many who has that bodytype who aren't any of those things.

And moses, if you want to go that way, then it can also be said that there was no reason to make Devil May Cry at all from start. It was supposed to be a Resident Evil game, but instead of scrapping the idea they just started a new series. Now they want to try something new. Calling Dante for Dino or Donte, because he isn't like the Dante we know from previous games just seems childish to me. We've discussed your feelings about this subject and I get it. You don't feel like this is Dante. But you could at least try to be mature about it.

Chrysander

I think that a picture of the new Dante should be in the banner at the top of this site. Maybe even get rid of the old Dante and replace him with the new one. [/nonsense]

Dominus

Asmodaius;291700 said:
And moses, if you want to go that way, then it can also be said that there was no reason to make Devil May Cry at all from start. It was supposed to be a Resident Evil game, but instead of scrapping the idea they just started a new series. Now they want to try something new. Calling Dante for Dino or Donte, because he isn't like the Dante we know from previous games just seems childish to me. We've discussed your feelings about this subject and I get it. You don't feel like this is Dante. But you could at least try to be mature about it.

DMC was an experiment that redifined action games. DINO is just a new coat of paint for the DMC series, and TBH i think this "experiment" is a marketing experiment rather than a gameplay experiment. And this is very disappointing, coming from a series that first pushed the envelope in terms of action games (and upped the ante with DMC3). And Dino is a perfectly fine name to use if people don't want to refer to this particular iteration of Dante as the real Dante. There is no code of conduct on how one should refer to fictional characters and it certainly beats quotations. Hell I don't accept DMC2 Dante as the real Dante so I sure as hell hope I don't get a scolding for calling him Dino...

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
Dominus;291703 said:
DMC was an experiment that redifined action games. DINO is just a new coat of paint for the DMC series, and TBH i think this "experiment" is a marketing experiment rather than a gameplay experiment. And this is very disappointing, coming from a series that first pushed the envelope in terms of action games (and upped the ante with DMC3). And Dino is a perfectly fine name to use if people don't want to refer to this particular iteration of Dante as the real Dante.

DMC was an experiment....experiments have two methods of completion: Failure and Success. Just because met the fanbase with success does not mean the game in itself is not flawed or doesn't fail on some level. DMC really didn't get good until 3 and 4 and TBH, people still give them crap about 4. If you're a fan of the series, you're a fan of the series. And i can't believe the animosity this game is getting after all this time that's passed.

And calling a character another name because you don't want to refer to them by their real name makes no sense. "DINO" will ALWAYS be DANTE and there is nothing that will change that. after all, "what's in a name?"

Asmodaius

I see the same in those who are Harry Potter fans. After the first movie, the actor who played Dumbledor died and so another actor took his place. Some of the more intense fans keep complaining about it and say that the first actor was the best Dumbledor and the new actor isn't the "real" Dumbledor.

It just seems rather childish and immature to just deny and ignore the facts. And facts are his name is Dante and the game is called Devil May Cry. You can dislike the new Dante and the new DmC all you like - that is your opinion and no one can ever take that away from you. But to make up some odd nickname to undervalue something is a sign of immaturity, something we agreed was unnecessary on these boards. There's a whole thread about it.

Tony

Demonslayer
Asmodaius;291729 said:
And facts are his name is Dante and the game is called Devil May Cry.
no, the game is called DmC and the name Dino or Donte is a reboot of the name, like DmC is a reboot of Devil May Cry.
Fact is, that this guy doesnt look like Dante, the only thing in common are the two guns, thats all. I can accept that his name is Dante, but he is not THE Dante from Devil May Cry, he is something else until they convice me from the opposite

Asmodaius

Tony;291746 said:
no, the game is called DmC and the name Dino or Donte is a reboot of the name, like DmC is a reboot of Devil May Cry.

Wrong. Donte and Dino are names made by people on this forum. It is not a reboot of his real name which is Dante.

DmC is short for Devil May Cry. If you don't believe in me, write and ask Capcom.

Tony

Demonslayer
short for Devil May Cry is DMC not DmC, they made the difference to show, that this game is a reboot of DMC, and yes, I am aware of the name Donte/Dino made by people in the forums, thats simply their answer on the rebooted DMC to make a difference between the original Dante and the rebooted Version ;)

Asmodaius

*facedesk*

This is like talking to a door...

I give up. Tell yourself whatever you want to feel better, if that's what you want. It's not like you care to even consider what I say on this forum anyways. I don't know why I even try...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom