• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The Future of Devil May Cry?

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
Maybe its because its not survival horror and a straight up shooter (well it can be survival horror during Leon's campaign but its shooter everywhere else) therefore it is not Resident Evil.

R u kidding me there is plenty of horror in that game lol atleast in my opinion and while yes it was mostly a shooter it was still a well done game if their arguement is only that the enemies shoot back at you more in this one i really dont know what to say

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Seriously!!!!!???? but it was so good whats their problem with it graphics gameplay storyline you can run shoot and aim all at the same bloody time!!!! what could possibly be there issue

It suffered what DmC suffered; it didn't copy and paste what the past RE did and therefore not a Resident Evil game.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
It suffered what DmC suffered; it didn't copy and paste what the past RE did and therefore not a Resident Evil game.

DmC copied and pasted more from past DMC games then RE6 than from past RE games (granted RE6 has frantic QTEs like RE4 & RE5 and its practically RE4/5 except you can move while shooting and some other extra features like running, stronger emphasis on melee combat, dodgi....wow RE6 is very different from the past RE games).

However, DmC and RE6 are not the same games. DmC is a reboot (video game reboots tend to be different from the original games) while RE6 is a sequel to a series that has a set identity. RE4 is drastically different from the past 3 games and fans love that game so why RE6?

RE4 was a great game with a good emphasis on survival horror. Worthy of the name Resident Evil. RE6 was an average shooter with some scary moments in only one campaign.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
DmC copied and pasted more from past DMC games then RE6 than from past RE games (granted RE6 has frantic QTEs like RE4 & RE5 and its practically RE4/5 except you can move while shooting and some other extra features like running, stronger emphasis on melee combat, dodgi....wow RE6 is very different from the past RE games).

It only did some of the moves from past DMC but still carried its own style as oppose to the past series. Thus wh yI say it didn't copy and paste and wasn't like originals.

However, DmC and RE6 are not the same games. DmC is a reboot (video game reboots tend to be different from the original games) while RE6 is a sequel to a series that has a set identity. RE4 is drastically different from the past 3 games and fans love that game so why RE6?

I assumed RE6 did bad because it was more focused on action like the Resident evil movies (minus the over the top action and Alice, and stupid plot) and less like a horror survival.

RE4 was a great game with a good emphasis on survival horror. Worthy of the name Resident Evil. RE6 was an average shooter with some scary moments in only one campaign.

Yeah, I have noticed RE getting less and less scary. I think its safe to assume that Evil within will be their replacement?

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!

Some moves (75% of the moves available in DmC has already been seen in past DMC games).

The transition from DMC to DmC was remove lock on, replace the style system with the stance system, and alter the controls.

It feels different when playing it but the end result is practically the same. RE6 not only had very different controls, but uses brand new (well to the series) mechanics and implements mechanics the series has never done before (for better or for worse.....usually worse), and even the end result of how you're playing it greatly differ and etc.

DmC does nothing new that the DMC series hasn't yet do (other than stronger emphasis on platforming) nor does it do much to introduce new mechanics the series has yet to try (what RE6 did and it did a lot of it).....well it does introduce Demon Dodge but considering how broken it is (not much of an achievement).

The differences between MegaMan and MegaMan X are even greater than DMC and DmC (when it comes on a base gameplay level).

Having a different control scheme doesn't make it much of a different game.

Britt690

Gabriel Reyes needs to eat me.

Sorry, but I HAD to post this XD

Okay now, I want Platinum Games to get the series and it comes on back home to Kamiya. If not, there could be some people who could take a stab at it;Team Ninja, Santa Monica Studios (tee-hee-hee), Grasshopper Manufacture. Although I do believe that the series may have scared off a lot of western developers...

Anywho, I want the DMC series to continue, and if that does happen and there's not much of an interest to do DmC 2 (regardless if it stays or gets sold), maybe they can continue that branch with some comics, animes and mangas. Same goes for DMC. I hope they don't permanently kill off one universe for the other.

Britt690

Gabriel Reyes needs to eat me.
HAHAHAHA omg lol. Are the QTE's really that bad? Wow!
Well, if you don't mind QTE's that much I guess it's okay...but in RE 6, they kinda went overboard with it. It helps when it comes to counters, but they overkilled the QTE mechanic. So..yup. It's exactly like that.

I Make The Devils Cry

Sometimes a QTE can be interesting or implemented well, say like a Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm title, the QTE's in boss battles for those are actually quite nice... but then you have QTE's in the Resident Evil games, 5 and 6 particularly, which I call torture at about 3 o'clock in the morning, and way overdone. Still, it doesn't change the fact that I love Resident Evil 6, and it's my favourite out of the series that I've played, aside from 4 (I haven't played 4 in a while), and like most people, I consider Leon's campaign to be the highlight of the entire game.
I think the biggest gripe most people have with it is that it's hard to classify it under survival horror anymore, and yes, if you do try to label 6 a survival horror, you're likely to be bound for disappointment, but if you just go into the game without expectations, you may be pleasantly surprised; that said, it also does well at continuing the overall plot of the series, despite how somewhat convoluted it has become, so that makes it fine in my books no matter what.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Well, hopefully whoever gets DMC will just remake DMC1 but with DMC3's mechanics. Also, put in the story elements from the comics -- they answered a lot of questions I had from the game imho.

Or, just do a DMC5, with 5 weapons instead of just 3, and bring back pole play and wallrun. And connect all the story elements from all the original games through retcon or whatever.

Also, have Vergil kill Nero. It would give Dante a reason to go after him... and give me a reason to buy the game.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I edited my other post...

These comics based on DMC1. They ended right about when Trish shocked Dante. The story arc was never finished.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
I edited my other post...

These comics based on DMC1. They ended right about when Trish shocked Dante. The story arc was never finished.

Hmmm....interesting thought but I recommend incorporating their own extra unique story elements other than use ideas from a comic (they didn't even make or publish) to at least prevent using story elements we already saw to make it less predictable (or the we already saw this factor).

They should take cues from the Mega Man X remake (Maverick Hunter X) on how to redo or rewrite a story and add more depth and detail to it.

I also recommend adding some extra weapons (Devil Arms) to make it like 5, an ice Devil Arm to go with the lightning and fire ones, and adding some extra bosses to at least reduce on boss rematches. I felt there was no need to face certain bosses 3 times (particularly Nightmare the second time was really pointless and in reality only the last encounter with him really mattered but Nelo Angelo's 3 boss fights should/must stay).

Also, story wise iron out any inconsistency with other games (particularly DMC3) and even make connections to other games (DMC4) and even hint at a DMC5. As well as add more background/history to the Mallet Island it was very vague. Also rewrite certain aspects of the story to make more sense such as Dante and Trish's super convenient getaway and Dante leaving the Sword of Sparda and the amulet in the Underworld for Trish (so it won't be as stupid). Its pretty noble but really stupid when you consider what he just left behind in where and why he did it.

Heck they have so much room to throw in so much more content (cutscene/dialogue/story wise) DMC1 really had like 40 minutes of cutscenes.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
That's a good question. I assumed there were two separate IP's.
if there are two seperate ips then it would be easy to see them both because they would be developed by different companies.

but then having two DMCS coming out at the same time might be confusing so there might be some re-branding involved.

Shin Muramasa

Metallic Stranger
if there are two seperate ips then it would be easy to see them both because they would be developed by different companies.

but then having two DMCS coming out at the same time might be confusing so there might be some re-branding involved.

Devil May Cry could just follow a sequential format like Devil May Cry 5 and maybe add subtitles like Devil May Cry 6: Hell's Road. DMC3 (Devil May Cry 3: Dante's Awakening) had this, though, I think it was mostly there to show a "rebirth" of the series.

DmC: Devil May Cry already has a subtitle format. So the next DmC could be DmC 2: Devils Never Cry or DmC: Vergil's Legion.

Personally, I wouldn't be confused, but that's me. Hey, at least it's not confusing as the Wii, Wii U, DS, 3DS, and 2DS. Then again, we're talking about the typical, clueless parents who just refer to any gaming system as a Nintendo even if they're made by Microsoft or Sony. But, why would a parent buy a DMC or DmC game for a kid?

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Devil May Cry could just follow a sequential format like Devil May Cry 5 and maybe add subtitles like Devil May Cry 6: Hell's Road. DMC3 (Devil May Cry 3: Dante's Awakening) had this, though, I think it was mostly there to show a "rebirth" of the series.

DmC: Devil May Cry already has a subtitle format. So the next DmC could be DmC 2: Devils Never Cry or DmC: Vergil's Legion.

Personally, I wouldn't be confused, but that's me. Hey, at least it's not confusing as the Wii, Wii U, DS, 3DS, and 2DS. Then again, we're talking about the typical, clueless parents who just refer to any gaming system as a Nintendo even if they're made by Microsoft or Sony. But, why would a parent buy a DMC or DmC game for a kid?

Some consumers can not be very bright or just plain right misinformed.

There is still people who still thinks DmC is a sequel to DMC3 and therefor canon.

Shin Muramasa

Metallic Stranger
Some consumers can not be very bright or just plain right misinformed.

There is still people who still thinks DmC is a sequel to DMC3 and therefor canon.

Some are too damn lazy to actually read a couple sentences and figure out what the hell is this all about. Building computers is not hard. It's like Legos but with much more fragile parts. Cracked.com and The Onion are definitely satire; use common sense. Also it's "Pokémon" as in "Poh-key-mon" or as in "Pocket Monster". Nowhere is there a "man" in the title: "Pokémon". Also vehicles with an estimated MPG value does not mean it will actually get those numbers. It's an estimation! What are you? Illiterate, stupid, and needing to go back to the 2nd grade?!

I get it, you're old and you're not used to the new, fangled technology, but if you actually try to learn how to use it or make notes for yourself, it's not that difficult to get a damn DVD player running! There's also a clear distinction between a Nintendo Wii and Nintendo Wii U: the "U". Also, no vehicle is the "best". It's all on how you drive the poor thing. So, if you want to drive 50 mph on a 30 mph street, go ahead and wake up without an arm, a leg, and the guilt of running over a person. There's a reason the word "extremist" is used to describe the terrorists. They're Islam extremists, meaning that they're radical, off the chart, over the top practitioners of Islam. Normal, regular Islam practitioners would not blow up themselves, others, vehicles, and/or buildings.

I could go on and on... But I'll save everyone from a nightmare.

Top Bottom