• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The Future of Devil May Cry?

DjRunza

Mercenary of Darkness
Ohhh a Sengoku Basara fan!!!

Join the club homie!!!

My pleasure homie! Thought that am the only Basara fans here. Lol, yeah man, I've been a huge fan of Sengoku Basara ever since that game first came out in 2005 on PS2. Can't wait for Sengoku Basara 4 to be release in the market next year January!

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
My pleasure homie! Thought that am the only Basara fans here. Lol, yeah man, I've been a huge fan of Sengoku Basara ever since that game first came out in 2005 on PS2. Can't wait for Sengoku Basara 4 to be release in the market next year January!

Oh I became a fan recently...only played SB3 though but I'm UBER excited for SB4. Not sure when it comes to the states (or if it comes to the states...crossing my fingers it does).

DjRunza

Mercenary of Darkness
Oh I became a fan recently...only played SB3 though but I'm UBER excited for SB4. Not sure when it comes to the states (or if it comes to the states...crossing my fingers it does).

Once the news are publish to the websites, I'll let you know bro. But knowing CAPCOM, their trolling is inevitable. I can't remember when was exactly SB3 Samurai Heroes was released. Hopefully SB4 English version would be release on April or May next year. Just my speculation though.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Once the news are publish to the websites, I'll let you know bro. But knowing CAPCOM, their trolling is inevitable. I can't remember when was exactly SB3 Samurai Heroes was released. Hopefully SB4 English version would be release on April or May next year. Just my speculation though.

I hope so.

SB3 came out in July 2010 in Japan but came out October 2010 in the states and Europe but since they never confirmed any news considering an English version yet it may have a longer time span than SB3/Samurai Heroes did or not come for a while (or worst case scenario.....at all). Lets wait and see (the game has like 4 months left).

DjRunza

Mercenary of Darkness
I hope so.

SB3 came out in July 2010 in Japan but came out October 2010 in the states and Europe but since they never confirmed any news considering an English version yet it may have a longer time span than SB3/Samurai Heroes did or not come for a while (or worst case scenario.....at all). Lets wait and see (the game has like 4 months left).

ARE YOU READY?! LETS GO!

Watch it live NOW dude! :D

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
Funny you have talked about that comic.
People like to say DmC Vergil is a weenie since he laments his mother prefered Dante over him, but seems to forget DMC Vergil already made that claim ( in manga) and in this comic we have a scene were Vergil and Dante were playing with swords, Vergil wins the fight. Dante starts to scream that Vergil is always the better, that wins all and stuff and Momma Eva starts to yell to Vergil too he is treating little Dante badly.( It was not true. Vergil only won because he was better and want to help Dante to get up, much like that pic from DmC art.)
So the fact of Eva( even the DMC one) prefers Dante could be a fact.That would explain why Dante became mother fixated in his life, it began even before her death.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Well, I can't find any DMC related content as I scroll and it's tricky not skiping trailer at the start. Was there any DMC related anything here?

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
Capcom didn't seem very unhappy about how Resident Evil 6 came out (they were disappointed by its sales) but now they seem to be returning to RE survival horror roots despite the action oriented direction they were taken it with RE5, Mercenaries, and RE6.

The only difference being that I'm pretty sure NT is planning to develop DmC2.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
The only difference being that I'm pretty sure NT is planning to develop DmC2.

Now its not what NT wants now is it?

Besides if Capcom cancelled DmC2 before what makes them so eager to go back to it so soon (or with NT's involvement) especially since NT is busy with another project.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
Now its not what NT wants now is it?

Besides if Capcom cancelled DmC2 before what makes them so eager to go back to it so soon (or with NT's involvement) especially since NT is busy with another project.

Capcom canceled DmC2? I haven't heard of that before. Do you have proof?
As far as I know, they said they wanted to continue with Devil May Cry, not just DMC.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Capcom canceled DmC2? I haven't heard of that before. Do you have proof?
As far as I know, they said they wanted to continue with Devil May Cry, not just DMC.

Well yes but it will be hard so I'll find it but I'll tell you the story.

Prior to DmC release word about a sequel was very prominent and the ending of DmC (plus the DLC) obviously hinted NO THEY WERE GOING TO MAKE A SEQUEL.

The end? Don't bet on it.

Then Capcom confirmed that they

A. Were cancelling some games (and a long list of them too apparently) or ideas for games due to how the market was (basically cancelling games they feel won't do well either how the current market is or recent events/results.....DmC's lackluster sales).

B. Reducing Outsourcing to Western Developers and cutting ties with them (although they're hired western studios to make DuckTales and Strider but those were either in development before this decision and are arcade titles but I'm still surprised that Strider didn't meet the cutting block).

Now NT is working on a brand new AAA game so either they were never planning a DmC sequel (so soon) or was but it got canned the fact is they're not making a DmC sequel....right now...............unless Capcom decides to not make a DmC sequel without them there is no chances of seeing a DmC sequel anytime soon now.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
Then Capcom confirmed that they

A. Were cancelling some games (and a long list of them too apparently) or ideas for games due to how the market was (basically cancelling games they feel won't do well either how the current market is or recent events/results.....DmC's lackluster sales).

Nobody said anything about DmC2 being canceled due to DmC's lackluster sales, so that's just conjecture.

B. Reducing Outsourcing to Western Developers and cutting ties with them (although they're hired western studios to make DuckTales and Strider but those were either in development before this decision and are arcade titles but I'm still surprised that Strider didn't meet the cutting block).

Did they say they were cutting ties with all western developers? And as far as I know, DmC2 was already in development in DmC's late stages.

Now NT is working on a brand new AAA game so either they were never planning a DmC sequel (so soon) or was but it got canned the fact is they're not making a DmC sequel....right now...............unless Capcom decides to not make a DmC sequel without them there is no chances of seeing a DmC sequel anytime soon now.

Wasn't it your statement that DmC2 got canceled? If they are planning to develop it, only later, that means it's not canceled.

Not that I'm eagerly waiting for DmC2; I'd rather have a DMC5 that's as good as DMC3 was at the time.

IncarnatedDemon

Yeah, i found similar article on other site. They just wanted to shorten development of their games to 2,5 years each.
Actually they said that they want to reduce the life cycle of major cycles to 2.5 years.

But because of recently outsourcing development of DMC to Ninja theory that it would take longer (5 years), but that eventually they hope to reduce this to 2.5.

As far as i can tell there is nothing about a cancelled DmC 2.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Capcom is financially driven, which if you ask me it's why they are where they are now, so if their little predictions tell them that DMC won't make money then they'll shelf it and leave it to die till people get the hint. It's not going to be like megaman, they won't announce it, it'll be like OniMusha, they'll just stop making them and let it go quietly.

Top Bottom