• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The Darkness

Dark Drakan

Admin
Ive been reading up on this game for a while and although i havent read any of the comics (though i get one free with my preordered version :p) the game is looking quite impressive i must say. Based on the comic book which was produced by Top Cow Productions and the game which is being made by Starbreeze Studios (Chronicles Of Riddick: Escape From Butcher Bay).

The story is based around Mafia hitman Jackie Estacado and him being possessed by the malevolent powers of 'The Darkness'. The game is being voiced by Celebrity voice overs which include the likes of Kirk Acevedo (Band of Brothers, Oz) as Jackie, Mike Patton (Faith No More) as The Darkness, Lauren Ambrose (Six Feet Under) as Jenny, and Richard Steven Horvitz (Invader ZIM) as "Berserker Darkling". Im liking the similarities to Chronicles Of Riddick: Escape From Butcher Bay which was an under received gem of a game on the Xbox and in top 5 best on it. The whole having to use the darkness to recharge your powers and creep around in ready to massacre your enemies and have your creatures devour their hearts sounds great. Also the use of the tentacle works in similar way to the Gravity Gun on Half Life 2 which can be no bad thing. The gunplay looks like a solid system with good collision detection and assassin style kills which look impressive, the game has already received some very positive reviews by all the big games mags and will be reviewed on IGN and Gamespot shortly.

Pictures/Screenshots

Movies

Gamespot - The Darkness Trailers

Gametrailers.com

Official Site

The Darkness - Official Site

Release Date

29th June 2007 - Xbox 360

PS3 Version Delayed Until 20th July - PS3 Darkness delayed - CVG.com

arie

hey no replies yet oh well never mind it ll be alright
what u up to?☻.............well whatever it is hope its fun .......ive just joined this website its cool a lot cooler than this other one ive been on.............ever been on devilschapel.com its cool you should go on it if you like dmc.........whoops gotta go dads yelling his head off coz he cant get on the phone

Top Bottom