• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

the dark tower questions

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
so i just saw the unfinished leaked trailer of the movie

what's the book about and what's so good about it? the trailer showed a modern era and an old cowboy-ish era, what was that about?

Erian1Mortal

Premium
so i just saw the unfinished leaked trailer of the movie

what's the book about and what's so good about it? the trailer showed a modern era and an old cowboy-ish era, what was that about?

The Dark Tower? You mean that book series by Stephen King?
It's getting a movie? Gotta google that!

It's pretty much a story about different worlds as far as I can remember, my memory on it is kinda foggy though, I'll re read a bit and answer more thoroughly if no one else does.

absolitude

The Dark Tower? You mean that book series by Stephen King?
It's getting a movie? Gotta google that!

It's pretty much a story about different worlds as far as I can remember, my memory on it is kinda foggy though, I'll re read a bit and answer more thoroughly if no one else does.

one does not simply not know the dark tower is getting a movie.. dayum, i might have to google bout the book myself

Erian1Mortal

Premium
one does not simply not know the dark tower is getting a movie.. dayum, i might have to google bout the book myself

The thing is, I'm not as huge into movies as I used to be XD
But Dark Tower is a real crazy book series which spans I believe 7 or 8 books. It's by Stephen King which should explain a lot. I remember it not getting all that good until the second book. I'd recommend checking it out if you get the chance.
There are at least 2 different worlds, ours and Mid-World. Mid-World is kinda like and Apocalytic fantasy world, I might say it's a bit like Outworld from Mortal Kombat (at least that's how I pictured it while reading).If you know the movie the fog (also based on a King Novel) the monsters in that are from Mid-World I think. It's just a nod to the series though.

It's best to google just a bit, not to much or else you'll spoil yourself to much, just look up stuff from the first and second book since they set up the most important things if I remember correctly.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Id say its very mixed bag. Some parts are fun and enjoyable. some parts are daunting boring or stupid. It takes lot of take on pop culture and so and basically a centre of most of Kings' fiction. Even IT is related to this book. Basically its post apocalyptic fantasy with western vibes. Though it does feature one of the best villains in SK books.

absolitude

The thing is, I'm not as huge into movies as I used to be XD
But Dark Tower is a real crazy book series which spans I believe 7 or 8 books. It's by Stephen King which should explain a lot. I remember it not getting all that good until the second book. I'd recommend checking it out if you get the chance.
There are at least 2 different worlds, ours and Mid-World. Mid-World is kinda like and Apocalytic fantasy world, I might say it's a bit like Outworld from Mortal Kombat (at least that's how I pictured it while reading).If you know the movie the fog (also based on a King Novel) the monsters in that are from Mid-World I think. It's just a nod to the series though.

It's best to google just a bit, not to much or else you'll spoil yourself to much, just look up stuff from the first and second book since they set up the most important things if I remember correctly.

i rarely read books for reason it's really hard for me to find any that i think i'd like, and i don't remember ever seeing dark tower when i search for books to buy..

but with this movie getting made maybe there's a chance they'll make new/more copies, same thing happened with LoTR and harry potter, and that sparkling vampire stuff..

there's a monster in the fog? did you mean the mist? anyway, i'd google it and find the book if i can..

oh and btw, this is not the right time to not into movies, i myself think there's so much to talk about with upcoming movies, there quite alot of nice premises on them

Id say its very mixed bag. Some parts are fun and enjoyable. some parts are daunting boring or stupid. It takes lot of take on pop culture and so and basically a centre of most of Kings' fiction. Even IT is related to this book. Basically its post apocalyptic fantasy with western vibes. Though it does feature one of the best villains in SK books.

the best villain --in stephen king's books-- might be the thing i'd google for a start, this'll probably bring more to my interest.. post apocalyptic fantasy sounds nice too..

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
If you want to revel in The Dark Tower the way it's best experienced, I recommend the spectacular comic adaptation.

313207-77104.jpg

absolitude

wow, looks so good.. but it's hard already to find the books here, pretty sure gonna be harder to find the comics..

btw guys, matt mcconaughey plays the villain in the movie, is he fitting?

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
wow, looks so good.. but it's hard already to find the books here, pretty sure gonna be harder to find the comics..

btw guys, matt mcconaughey plays the villain in the movie, is he fitting?
Id say it will depend on quality of his performance. I think he may work. But main character….eeeeesshh. Nothing against Idris Elba, but he has nothing in common with main protagonist.

absolitude

Id say it will depend on quality of his performance. I think he may work. But main character….eeeeesshh. Nothing against Idris Elba, but he has nothing in common with main protagonist.

yea i understand, the race wash thingy, backthen bale was a candidate for the protagonist, dunno what changed their mind..

and i know nothing bout the villain, but sure hope matt could pull it off, he's a great actor on screen, sometimes amazing, but not really my cup of tea

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
yea i understand, the race wash thingy, backthen bale was a candidate for the protagonist, dunno what changed their mind..

and i know nothing bout the villain, but sure hope matt could pull it off, he's a great actor on screen, sometimes amazing, but not really my cup of tea
Roland_Deschain_by_Michael_Whelan.png

Thats main Character in Dark Tower. Well for first he was white. Second he was described as rather thin, while Elba is rather bulky. And for last part, if I remember right he was also pretty old. As for main antagonist he had some different descriptions, except for most part he had pretty much very fair skin, rather attractive appearance except for when he could shift to completely insane appearance with pointy teeth and insane eyes.

Top Bottom