• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The cast's return into DMC4 SE?

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Do you believe that the original cast from vanilla DMC4 will come back in DMC4 SE?

Here are tweets from Johnny and Reuben -

Johnny Bosch

So I believe he won't be there.

Reuben Langdon

To me, that seems a response by someone who is under contract or some sort of agreement. So I think it's a possibility he comes back.

Also, I heard an interview VERY recently (I believe from this March no less) to Dan Southworth where he says he's working on a secret project (dammit I need to find it... and then I'll link it).
As I see it, there's no way he's working on any other project but Vergil's role in DMC4 SE, considering the game is coming out this Summer.

Last edited by a moderator:

Viper

Premium
Hmm, so SE's story is most likely a prequel if they need Dan and possibly Reuben for new material, but not Johnny. There could be some scenes from DMC4's present, but maybe they will be viewed through different eyes if they can reuse old material for Nero. Or maybe Nero's speaking part is only in the updated DMC4 game, and any new story does not include him in adult form.
Too many maybe's.

Erian1Mortal

Premium
I like Johnnys answer, pretty open to interpretation, he just says they use whats already been done. That could also mean he already recorded some stuff XD

Ah well, I won't get my hopes up to much, I really don't see much more than maybe 1 or 2 new cutscenes with Vergil happening, that's just me being pessimistic as usual.

Judge

Its possible there won't be any new story cutscenes for Nero, Kyrie, Lady or Trish. Its possible that new dialogue only exists for Dante and Vergil.

I'll be surprised if theres any substantial story content. I thought it would be more or less gameplay changes and improvements.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
well some of the cast might return but there is the possibility that they might not voice the same people.

For example- if stylish nero's right about us getting boss fights for gilgamesh/pandora/lucifer than we might see the voice actors for Berial, echidna, Dagon return and do them since i think the vA's for Echidna and Dogon voiced some of the bosses in DMC3 too.

And if Stylish nero is right about Credo/kyrie's father being a boss, he might end up taking the role of Sanctus does in the novel where Vergil gives Sanctus baby Nero etc because its more a cost effective solution than bringing back Sanctus's VA for a single line. So they could just bring back Credo's VA and have him do it, same thing with kyrie's VA for the mom etc rather than hire someone new etc.

Last edited:

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
If its completely new story content for Vergil and Dante but not Nero so then Dante either must show up in some way in Vergil's campaign or gets new story content in the original story campaign.

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
...so, in other words, the story is going to be exactly the same as far as Dante and Nero are concerned...which can only mean that nothing substantial was added to either of their portions of the campaign.

Sigh...okay. I'm looking forward to this a lot less, now.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
...so, in other words, the story is going to be exactly the same as far as Dante and Nero are concerned...which can only mean that nothing substantial was added to either of their portions of the campaign.

Well nothing new concerning Nero but Reuben never said anything or denied/confirmed anything while Johnny straight up said he is not involved and even guessed that they'll just reuse and recycle assets from vanilla DMC4 kinda like how Team Ninja reused VF5 assets for the VF5 characters in DOA5. There is probably tons of unused voice clips and animation assets for Dante and Nero.

So doesn't rule out the possibly of new story content for Dante. If Reuben wasn't involved like Johnny he would straight up say he wasn't like Johnny or give a more clear answer that hints to him not being involved.

I care more about new gameplay content than new story content and if we do get new story content I hope its more applied to Vergil's campaign...we know how DMC4's story played out and ended added new story content won't change it but I want a full Vergil campaign more detailed and expansive than DmC's VD and doesn't result to using cheap cutscenes.

It would be cool that if Vergil got his own 20 mission long campaign.

Lani

I think Vergils campaign will be more detailed than DmC VD.As for more expansive well..I dont have high hopes for that.I think at most it will be is 10 missions.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
One can only hope. But we don't even know if he's going to be playable.

Personally I can safely assume that he will be. Taking into account that DMC 3: SE had him as playable. Things are a little different with this than before, because there has been such a wait between DMC 4 to the Special Edition.

Lani

I dont see why we would be playing as Dante in Vergils campaign. That would be like playing as Dante in Vergils Downfall(though who wouldnt have fun playing as hallow Dante trolling Vergil:whistle:).It makes no sense to me.

Veloran

So doesn't rule out the possibly of new story content for Dante. If Reuben wasn't involved like Johnny he would straight up say he wasn't like Johnny or give a more clear answer that hints to him not being involved.
Keep in mind, Johnny's wording was "I imagine they'll use what was already done".

That doesn't necessarily mean there won't be new story content. It could simply be a play on words of "Oh, I already recorded everything that I needed to."

Nero's campaign was effectively already complete. It's not exactly like he had much dialogue to give from inside the Savior.

I'm not really expecting any major (Or any at all really) changes to the base game's story mode, but for someone hoping for such a thing this isn't really an issue. Well, unless they wanted like an entirely remixed campaign or something.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I'm not really expecting any major (Or any at all really) changes to the base game's story mode, but for someone hoping for such a thing this isn't really an issue. Well, unless they wanted like an entirely remixed campaign or something.

Well that would be madness. How can one expect such a thing in a Special Edition?

Veloran

Well that would be madness. How can one expect such a thing in a Special Edition?
Well, all DMC3's SE did for the main storymode was add in a (Dialogueless) boss. Otherwise it was just a ton of extra features, Vergil, and a duo of new cutscenes.

It looks like DMC4's Special Edition is shaping up to be some kind of prequel chapter for Vergil, which I'm fine with. Hopefully it also opens up the possibility for any of the characters to be played in any of the levels, and adds some fun new small stuff. Maybe a boss rush mode or Turbo 2, who knows.

Top Bottom