• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

the Assassins creed movie might turn things around

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Premium
https://www.yahoo.com/movies/assassins-creed-first-look-heres-michael-127715456582.html

So basically Yahoo news revealed new details (basically everything) about the upcoming AC live action movie and I am now excited for it as its an all new story set in the AC universe rather than retelling the games.

The games are awesome with Altair, Connor, Desmond, Ezio and all the others being near and dear to me but its a universe that can support many other stories so this feels better. Plus all the games are on youtube so now i have more incentive to see it.

so thoughts?

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
While I stopped caring about AssCreed some time ago, and just kinda wish this series would take a break or just die, I'm a little interested in this film. Michael Fassenber is a great actor, and the choice of just making the film franchise stand alone instead of adapting the existing games actually sounds kinda intriguing.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Premium
So is it canon to the games?
I think so because they have made attempts to expand into other mediums such as there is these group of comics that explain who Daniel Cross is (villain in the third game) and other stuff like why the assassins are so few in the modern day.

So it will take place in the world of the games but more its own thing (my guess)

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
This definitely seems like a good move. I'll be curious to see how it goes.

Perhaps it can avoid the fate that most video game movies suffer.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
I also like that they're going somewhere new (Spain) instead of simply retreading locations from the game.

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
"Assassin’s Creed, much like the majority of videogame movie ideas mooted, seemed like something that would never actually happen. As it turns out it is, and honest-to-goodness Hollywood star Michael Fassbender is taking the lead role. The first image of Fassbender as an assassin has just leaked along with the first plot details of the upcoming movie.

The film is simply titled Assassin’s Creed, and it will be set in 15th century Spain, a time period previously untouched by any of the Assassin’s Creed games. Fassbender’s playing Callum Lynch in the modern day before finding out he’s genetically connected to Assassins and strapping himself into the Animus. In the machine he relives the life of his 15th century ancestor, Aguilar.

It’s mildly gutting to see them even find time for the modern day guff in the movies, but there you go. It turns out Lynch is sent back to live as Aguilar in order to learn his ancestor’s skills and murderous knowledge, before coming back to the present day to take on the Knights Templar.

X-Men star Fassbender will be joined by The Dark Knight Rises’ Marion Cotillard and 12 Years A Slave’s Michael Kenneth Williams. Ubisoft is working with New Regency and 20th Century Fox on the Assassin’s Creed movie, with a confirmed release date of 21st December 2016.

The initial shooting of Assassin’s Creed will begin next week."

_id1440666757_343178_2.png

some dumbasses in another site i went to are disliking the costume, said it's dumb .. i personally think this is cool, it's very rich in detail, gonna look good on the screen

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
"Assassin’s Creed, much like the majority of videogame movie ideas mooted, seemed like something that would never actually happen. As it turns out it is, and honest-to-goodness Hollywood star Michael Fassbender is taking the lead role. The first image of Fassbender as an assassin has just leaked along with the first plot details of the upcoming movie.

The film is simply titled Assassin’s Creed, and it will be set in 15th century Spain, a time period previously untouched by any of the Assassin’s Creed games. Fassbender’s playing Callum Lynch in the modern day before finding out he’s genetically connected to Assassins and strapping himself into the Animus. In the machine he relives the life of his 15th century ancestor, Aguilar.

It’s mildly gutting to see them even find time for the modern day guff in the movies, but there you go. It turns out Lynch is sent back to live as Aguilar in order to learn his ancestor’s skills and murderous knowledge, before coming back to the present day to take on the Knights Templar.

X-Men star Fassbender will be joined by The Dark Knight Rises’ Marion Cotillard and 12 Years A Slave’s Michael Kenneth Williams. Ubisoft is working with New Regency and 20th Century Fox on the Assassin’s Creed movie, with a confirmed release date of 21st December 2016.

The initial shooting of Assassin’s Creed will begin next week."

_id1440666757_343178_2.png

some dumbasses in another site i went to are disliking the costume, said it's dumb .. i personally think this is cool, it's very rich in detail, gonna look good on the screen
costume looks really good imo. although i can't pinpoint what era this is in based off his attire. does anyone know or have an idea?

absolitude

costume looks really good imo. although i can't pinpoint what era this is in based off his attire. does anyone know or have an idea?

it's says he's going into the 15th century spain, the fabric looked like a rug..

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
it's says he's going into the 15th century spain, the fabric looked like a rug..
i guess for armor reasons i can understand that, but if it's 15th century spain, wouldn't he be wearing some more velvet and cotton. and i'm not sure if it's just the way it was shot or not, but there doesn't seem to be enough cowhide on there. i could be wrong, but whateves. anyway, it doesn't have to be historically accurate, it looks great as a movie costume to me

absolitude

for the intentions of looking good on the screens i think it's a nice touch wether it's accurate or not. and i agree, it looked more to appear like an armor, least it's fresh instead of leathery clothing

but sure, i don't think the civillians will be wearing the same clothing as he is in the movies, maybe they'll leave the whole blending in part and just making it pure assassins..

Reactions: Jak

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Premium
So I'm wondering if the fact that Fassbender is playing both Callum (the present day Protag) and Aguilar (the assassin) is an actual plot point or just a feature of the animus.

absolitude

i would guess an actual plot point, they'll be so genetically connected that they look the same

Absent Nova

Phantom Thief
Okay I like that magneto is in this. Secondly the action looks good but I still have no idea what the plot is. Lastly, I hope thats not part of the official soundtrack, that music was awful. I'll give the movie a chance come release day.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
The music for that trailer was terrible. And overall, it just looked meh. The best thing this movie has going for it Michael Fassenber in the lead role. Dude's a great actor, making me think he's too good for AssCreed.

Top Bottom