• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The appearance of Sparda.

ZeroLove

I have looked around for images of Sparda and found different versions of how his appearance should be. I have always thought he looked like he did in Devil May Cry 3:

LegendaryDarkKnightDante_3.gif

And his demon form:

SpardaDT.jpg

But other pictures have him look like this:

DMC_Graphic_Edition_Sparda.jpg

From what I get, all the above pictures are considered to be official, but why is there such a huge difference between the two human forms? And which one do you like the best?

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Originally the first - and most well known - costume was supposed to be Dante. At some point the first Devil May Cry would be cut into two parts. In the first half we'd have the usual Dante, carefree and red-coated as usual, then somewhere in the middle of the game, "something" bad would happen, and Dante would revert to becoming more serious about Devil Hunting and his heritage, adopting that costume. That's why even he is looking like a Dante/Vergil with different clothes and hairstyle. I don't know whether he would really have a monocle or use the extra weapons he uses in DMC1 (Luce&Ombra and Yamato) but that's the story. However as you all know this kind of story wasn't followed up in the end and Dante remained Dante, with this version becoming "Sparda".

The 2nd picture is from the first DevilMayCry concept art book. Back from their early ideas. However in the end Sparda became how we know him to be and so in the same book, you can see pictures of Sparda in which he's like that too:

artbook18.jpg

Laurence Barnes

Still not dead. Just not really here any more.
Premium
when i first saw spardas human form (first picture) i thought it was vergil because of the hair but then i saw that he had force edge so i thought dante dressed all strange until i saw his dt then i knew

His DMC3 appearance doesn't differ much from Vergil's looks.....so I wouldn't take it for granted.
I prefer the look from Tony's post.

Top Bottom