• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

TGS - Tokyo Game Show (2007)

Mobfigurz

TGS starts on the 20th of this month(September) and DMC4 will be a playable title on the PS3 stand, demo I assume but we may finally get more info out of the event, hopefully some new vids and some good words out of Kobayashi's mouth in an interview and who knows, a god forsaken release date!!!

I shall dedicate this newly created thread to info from the Convention as and when I get wind of new developments, so for the mean while, don't be surprised if this slips down the order of topics til the 21st, but please feel free to discuss the topic if you wish.

TGS has kicked off, its the 20th and News shall be coming in as soon as it has taken place

Day 1
Sony announces that DMC4 is Rumble enabled, as they announce the return of the DualShock controller for the PS3, named DualShock 3. DMC4 uses the function exceptionally, providing force feedback to imitate the kickback when Nero fights his gun, also reacting when objects are broken and weapons collide with enemies and other items.

The DMC4 JAPANESE website has had a face-lift, redesigned and looking wonderful. Be sure to check out the Movies section, there is a trailer from the current TGS that you guys will enjoy.
http://www.capcom.co.jp/devil4/main.html
(Watch the Trailer closely, there is much to be discussed - Refer to this Thread for renewed theories and discussion)

Since the scans have been floating around of lady and Trish, it is assured and awaiting Official confirmation that both find roles in DMC4.
Dante is found in the Trailer to be sporting a gloved weapon, thought to be Beowulf/Ifrit, but rumoured to be a new creation named 'Gilgamesh', as a direct translation from the Japanese equivalent would suggest.

Update:
There is no Official word yet, but rumour seems to be that DMC4 is set for a Q1 2008 release, question will be put to Kobayashi.

Zato-OW

King
wow it went from summer to fall to winter 07 to winter 08 now near spring 08 i hope TGS will shut out all the rumors... im personally guessing that this game will be out Mid November or going into December

Zato-OW

King
so that means they wont release a demo of the game to the public until 08 seeing as they said they will release one close to release date....sad also isnt Eurogamer the same ppl that said the release date was going to be in jan, a month ago

Conceicao

ShallNeverSurrender
WHAT ?????!!!! no way March 08 in europe, damn it !!! well at least it´s the same mouth of my birthday, maybe i can get a descount ;)

Mobfigurz

I still don't believe any date quoted by anyone other than Capcom themselves, unless they state it, I'm taking it as false information.

And I've read that the Demo will be released soon on both the PSN and XBL before the year is up at least.

But theres one ray of sunshine for PS3 owners like myself, if the US gets the game this year and Europe truly doesn't get it til March 08, we can order it from America for a cheaper price than Europe will get it and earlier!!

Take that Capcom, try to deny me and my fellow Europeans will you, kiss my behind!!

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Yes but don't American PS3 use a different format system like the one in Europe? (PAL etc.) We won't be able to play the American version.

Zato-OW

King
ya your right i still think the game will be released this year seeing as dmc games all have a 2 year gap between each other(release every 2 years) so i doubt that dmc4 will break that tradition. 01,03,05,08? then again this is a nex gen game so idk they already pushed back Metal Gear Solid 4 and im mad about that

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Well you can never know...it seems they find it very difficult to keep up with the schedule for this one. But at least since it will be late(perhaps) then it may be even better than the previous ones.;)

Mobfigurz

See thats the beauty of the PS3, all the PS3 games are region free, that is why I purchased mine in November last year when I was in Los Angeles, at a lovely price I might add.

Mobfigurz

Well to be honest there are alot of competetive online stores, such as Amazon.co.uk and you'll find that they arent that much cheaper than each other, but you need to look out for the best bundle, as all of these places are bundling the console with two or three games and one additional controller, thats where you shall make the best saving, some are even throwing in the BD remote and so on.

Kool626

Demon Slayer
that a fake info.it is out winter o7 not 08 becase i have a book that tells u all games for ps3 and dmc4 2 in top row o7

Mobfigurz

Like I said, its not confirmed by Capcom, so even your magazine/book is lying until Capcom themselves state the date and they just might do that at this years TGS.

Zato-OW

King
3 empty spots in the character section and we already know that its gona be trish and lady but the last spot??? could be vergil

and have u notice in the dmc world section where u see the same Block like thing that berial went into maby thats the entrance to the demon world(another entrance) but its in the middle of the city so thats wierd

Top Bottom