• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

TGS 2015... maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

outoftheblue

I´m optimistic about TGS -2015. In my opinion it would be a wasted oportunity not to ride the hype and success wave of the Special Edition and reveal, at least, a teaser to satisfy fans.
It wouldn´t bind them , since there is no need for a specific release date attached to a teaser and it would make a big difference.

But who knows what Capcom will decide is a better strategy. Maybe they will decide finishing the year with no news on the series is a totally smart decision and give us nothing. Can´t say it would surprise me, but let´s hang on to hope and that there are still sharp people involved in the company.

Wajpa

Also Viper339 on Twitch!
I think it's pretty likely that we'll at least get a teaser but anything's possible.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Anything?
Something or anything can range from a collectable trading card to chewing gum. I think we are aiming for an actual, playable game rather than just anything. If anything would do then that new rock/heavy metal OST would suffice. We need to be a bit more greedy.

Well, then again, it's not as though they don't know what we want.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Something Substantial even if it doesnt have to be a numbered sequel.

I'd be cool with DMC x NG at this point (or insert capcom IP). I wouldnt mind a new lead or a new story arc but I dont think it would solve the story problems.

berto

I Saw the Devil
I remember when there was that rumor before E3 that Platinum might be developing a DMC game and the reactions here were slit down the middle rather viciously. The ones excited for the prospect loved the idea but I also remember some really upset comments, I think a few directed at Kamiya, but my point is that 'anything' is subjective, it's not like simply getting another game is enough, we want something specific.

Last edited:

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I remember when there was that rumor before E3 that Platinum might be developing a DMC game.

I don't even know where that rumor even came from tbh. There's no way on earth, heaven or hell (bankrupt excluded) Capcom would give the license to Platinum.

berto

I Saw the Devil
I don't even know where that rumor even came from tbh. There's no way on earth, heaven or hell (bankrupt excluded) Capcom would give the license to Platinum.
If you really want to know it was from a twitter post from a P* employee before E3 who said their next project was going to have people seeing red and something about a blast from the past (maybe) and that's where that came from.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
If you really want to know it was from a twitter post from a P* employee before E3 who said their next project was going to have people seeing read and something about a blast from the past (maybe) and that's where that came from.

Ooooh right I remember now.

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
I remember when there was that rumor before E3 that Platinum might be developing a DMC game and the reactions here were slit down the middle rather viciously. The ones excited for the prospect loved the idea but I also remember some really upset comments, I think a few directed at Kamiya, but my point is that 'anything' is subjective, it's not like simply getting another game is enough, we something specific.
See what Kamiya thinks by his own words. He doesn't want work with Itsuno.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
See what Kamiya thinks by his own words. He doesn't want work with Itsuno.

Gotta love Obscurica's reply.

Pale Rider

Wickedly good
I do hope they announce something DMC or DmC related as it will decide my stance on the series as a whole. If it is DMC5, then i can wait another one or two years to replace DMC4 on my PC; if it is DmC, then my wait will finally be over and perhaps my time on this site as well.

On a side note, my mind still thinks I'll be stuck with DMC4 forever as I dont understand the point of rebooting a series only to go back to the originals. But hey! Capcom's camp is full of surprises ..which is what makes me hopeful. Only time will tell..

Pale Rider

Wickedly good
Hey, Ubisoft did it with Prince of Persia. You don't think Capcom would be able to do that too?

Wait, what? PoP is gonna be back? Forgotten Sands(?) is forgotten?

Sorry, treat me like I'm a guy that just entered the modern world from his dark cave.

Pale Rider

Wickedly good
Actually I was talking about Forgotten Sands, that was made after the 2008 reboot.

Oh, my!! There was a talk among my friends that Forgotten Sands was the reboot. I was under the impression that it was and so never bothered to check it. I just googled it and you know what? I got a new game to play. All thanks to you.

Back to the topic, this makes me more hopeful. Hope Capcom does what Ubi did with PoP. BACK TO THE ORIGINAL!

Wuodan

Present Day. Present Time.
Why not? It's now or never if you think about it. I'm pretty sure they are willing to do it by now if they are not already. There are rumors for a RE2 remake though and Capcom may not have as many people to work on DMC right now. Definitely looking forward to this TGS but DMC 5 could wait until next year's.

My crush is going to be there though... Wish we could go together. :'( Not to mention if DMC 5 gets announced while she's there I'll be both super depressed and jealous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom