• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Tales from Borderlands by Telltale games?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014

I love Borderlands, I hate Telltale games, but they're making a Borderlands game now.

How in the fresh f**k is it, that a god awful boring series of Episodic movies from Telltale get acclaimed, sell greatly and continue to be made, but great episodic series with massive potential, great stories and great gameplay that truly deserve to continue like SiN Emergence, undersell, die and the developers are forced to develop casual games for the future? :(

Now even worse, my most hated thing about gaming, that I have talked about A LOT on this forum is happening to ANOTHER one of my favorite franchises -_-
Borderlands, an FPS/RPG action adventure franchise that I love for it's action, adventure and gun generator is now turning into a MOTHER F**KING STORY FOCUSED Point and Click game?

Telltale games, KILL YOURSELVES!!

(Rant over)

xMobilemux

Supporter 2014
Aren't they (Gearbox) making a Borderlands 3 though?
They said they would, but I know for a fact that they'll have Duke Nukem 5, Furious 4 and the new Brothers in Arms out before that.

I just can't stand the fact that now Telltale is starting to f**k around with my favorite franchises, what's next?
Wasn't Tomb Raider and Devil May Cry being turned into Story focused bores painful enough?

Tables

...chairs?
This is gonna suck (for Borderlands fans, fanboys and people who hate changes).

I myself won't be buying it, i like Telltale games but if the rumors are true, this is going to be another point and click game and i can't stand the fact that they're doing this. I'd call it milking but... i like Borderlands... if a friend gameshares it to me i'll give it a try.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Well I say screw your crappy opinion. This actually might be the only good Borderlands games because Borderlands is ALREADY BORING AS HELL.

Both games are poop. TellTale is actually pretty damn good at what they do and THAT'S why people like them. DUH. There's a lot of video game genres out there and point and click adventures games have been around longer than you.

You don't like it, don't play it. That friggin simple. TellTale is a small company that delivers small games that are basically on indie budgets. I bet your crappy Gearbox is already working on Borderlands 3 because the gaming industy hates creativity and is too scared to take a risk on new IPs so it's sequels galore.

And yea, Gearbox is a piece of sh!t company. Let's see, they developed two BORING Borderlands games, f#cked up Duke Nukem with that awful Forever, oh and were responsible for Aliens:Colonial Marines.

Gearbox should be counting themselves lucky that TellTale is actually lending their talents to their boring brand.

Rant over. :D

xMobilemux

Supporter 2014
Well I say screw your crappy opinion as well.
Borderlands is a great franchise and BL2 being the one game of 2012 that I(and LOTS of others) played the most and is the game I have the most hours clocked into on Steam, it's even my most played game of 2013 and not to mention that LOADS of people still play it, it's damn fun to play multiple times(I've completed it over 7 times, including the DLC) and great DLC continues to be released, and it really is DLC done right.
But people like you like paying money for 1 time streamlined horses**t that you can get for free on Youtube or for a $5 rental.
Horrible taste in games at it's finest!!

I won't be playing it, while everyone is wasting their money, I'll be getting it for FREE on Youtube because that's all Telltale games are good for.

Gearbox's management is s**t, but their developers are awesome, Borderlands is awesome no matter which way you put it, anything from Telltale is a waste of money, overrated and completely boring.
Also, if Gearbox is "too crappy" to make new IPs or take risks, I recommend you pull your head out of your a** and look at their upcoming projects like Furious 4, Homeworld, their 2 unannounced new IPs and also willing to make Duke Nukem great again. Gearbox BECAME massive by taking risks.
All Telltale is doing today is leeching off established franchises, when are they gonna take a risk and do something original in this day and age?

Telltale should be lucky they even got to touch Borderlands. Telltale is a sack of s**t company just as s**t as Ninja Theory.

EDIT: Btw, do your f**king homework, Gearbox DIDN'T make DNF, they just released it.

Last edited:

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Borderlands is just a shooter where you do the same sh!t over and over again and it bores me to f#cking tears.

Go in to a bunch of scrap yards and shoot some Jason Vorhees knockoffs and the collect the sh!t they drop. Shoot and loot, rinse and repeat.

I don't give a rats a$$ how many people play it and like it. A lot of people like Elder Scrolls and CoD but I could't care less and it doesn't change my opinion of those franchises.

I like all kinds of games and no, you can't just watch youtube for the same experience. It's interactive storytelling and basically like a choose your own adventure book.

And guess what, there are a lot of gamers who enjoy all genres of video games just like me.

You may hate story telling and not read anything beyond the reading level of a kindergarten pop up book or watch anything more brain stimulating than a f#cking Michael Bay movie and that's you but, it's getting really annoying hearing you constantly b!tch about it.

TellTale makes a certain type of game for a certain type of audience and you are obviously not a part of that audience. Just stop complaining and leave it alone.

You are the prime example of the kind of gamer that pretty much holds every gamer and the medium from ever being taken seriously.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Holy mother f#ck, apparently no developer is allowed to work on anyone else's IP ever, even when asked...

The ironic part is how Telltale making a Borderlands adventure game would have no affect on when Borderlands 3 came out, since it's a wholly different developer who'd be working on it.

I guess everyone needs a scapegoat for something...

xMobilemux

Supporter 2014
There it is again, the idiotic "hate all stories" and dumba** Michael Bay assumption you always say. -_-
How many times do I have to repeat myself to you?

Guess what I can get the same experience on Youtube and so can everyone else, people post ALL the choices you know, they even did it with Beyond 2 Souls, which is how I finished the game since it was f**king broken, all you have to do is exactly what you do in the actual f**king game, you POINT AND CLICK on the video that shows that interactive story option.
But if I DO want the experience of playing it, I rent it.

Telltale making games for certain types of audience is fine, I still hate them cause they're overrated and unoriginal, but still it's fine that they make them for their audience, didn't like The Walking Dead and I could care less about their upcoming Game of Thrones games, they're for their comic, novel and movie fans, but this is about them putting their f**king garbage into one of my favorite action adventure franchises, a franchise which the story is NOT an important point.
I'm not in Telltales audience no, but I am in Borderlands audience, now Telltale is forcing their garbage into the Borderlands audience when the same story could be told through another one of Borderlands awesome DLCs. F**K THEM!!

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Y'know...Borderlands did have an fairly intriguing story, but it was drowned out by the scope of the adventure itself, and it was good right up until the giant toothy vagina at the end.

But, how can you say that if Gearbox wants to tell a story that they can do it through one of their "awesome DLCs", when you say "the story is NOT an important point"?

Maybe that's why Gearbox is doing this - to emphasize the stories on Pandora because they're so overlooked. The cast of characters is so interesting and quirky, but with how the game is structured, it's so easy to overlook it all unless it's right in your face.

Also - you're getting rather riled up for someone who has complete and utter control of whether you buy Tales from Borderlands. No one is forcing you to do anything. You could wait till the game releases, and then watch it all on YouTube, like you prefer.

xMobilemux

Supporter 2014
Y'know...Borderlands did have an fairly intriguing story, but it was drowned out by the scope of the adventure itself, and it was good right up until the giant toothy vagina at the end.

But, how can you say that if Gearbox wants to tell a story that they can do it through one of their "awesome DLCs", when you say "the story is NOT an important point"?
Because the story is not important in Borderlands. Is it good? Sure, I like it. But it's not the reason I play BL, that doesn't mean I can't like the stories, if they wanna make the story telling better then they sure as hell could've done it through a DLC, they managed to tell pretty awesome stories like the Tiny Tina and Badass Crater of Badassitude DLCs, both of those are my 2 favorite BL2 DLCs and they told slick stories, which made me want even more DLC stories for the game, the stories were good, but the gameplay remained superior therefor I was able to enjoy and like the stories because they were combined with the awesome gameplay I love.
But now, the new adventure I wanted is being told through a POINT AND CLICK and the story is the ONLY reason to play the game?
I'll never enjoy or get into the story that way like I did past BL2 stories.

Really that's how I loved the stories in classic games like Duke3D, Shadow Warrior 98 and Quake 2 for example, their narratives were told through the level design and gameplay, it wasn't thrown in your face, you had to figure it out for yourself, which made it THAT much more rewarding and interesting.

Also - you're getting rather riled up for someone who has complete and utter control of whether you buy Tales from Borderlands. No one is forcing you to do anything. You could wait till the game releases, and then watch it all on YouTube, like you prefer.
I'm ****ed because it's one of my most hated game companies is making a game for one of my favorite modern franchises and the possibility that all future Borderlands content until BL3 will be done in the Telltale fashion.
The Headhunter packs are fun and all, but they're not the Tiny Tina and the Badassitude DLCs.

There was even a cliffhanger at the end of the Tiny Tina DLC which I was excited as hell for, but now I'm thinking it's gonna be told in Telltales game -_-

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
No one's forcing you to do anything. Quit being so dumb.

You don't have to buy or play TellTale's game. You can avoid it like the goddamn plague if you want.

BOREDerlands 3 is probably in development right now so chill out.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Because the story is not important in Borderlands. Is it good? Sure, I like it. But it's not the reason I play BL, that doesn't mean I can't like the stories, if they wanna make the story telling better then they sure as hell could've done it through a DLC, they managed to tell pretty awesome stories like the Tiny Tina and Badass Crater of Badassitude DLCs, both of those are my 2 favorite BL2 DLCs and they told slick stories, which made me want even more DLC stories for the game, the stories were good, but the gameplay remained superior therefor I was able to enjoy and like the stories because they were combined with the awesome gameplay I love.
But now, the new adventure I wanted is being told through a POINT AND CLICK and the story is the ONLY reason to play the game?
I'll never enjoy or get into the story that way like I did past BL2 stories.

Really that's how I loved the stories in classic games like Duke3D, Shadow Warrior 98 and Quake 2 for example, their narratives were told through the level design and gameplay, it wasn't thrown in your face, you had to figure it out for yourself, which made it THAT much more rewarding and interesting.

*shrug* Well, perhaps Gearbox wanted to try something different, it's not like they're not allowed to. Wanting to emphasize a story isn't a bad thing, and them possibly wanting to give real, honest-to-goodness, at the forefront, storytelling a shot. You should be celebrating them wanting to expand their horizons and grow the franchise is different ways.

Contrary to popular belief, games do need to make money in this industry if they want to continue, and if a franchise doesn't grow or expand in certain ways, it will die. There's very few exceptions to that rule.

I'm ****ed because it's one of my most hated game companies is making a game for one of my favorite modern franchises and the possibility that all future Borderlands content until BL3 will be done in the Telltale fashion.
The Headhunter packs are fun and all, but they're not the Tiny Tina and the Badassitude DLCs.

There was even a cliffhanger at the end of the Tiny Tina DLC which I was excited as hell for, but now I'm thinking it's gonna be told in Telltales game -_-

Well, I think hating them just because they're successful and good at what they do isn't a really good reason for being as upset as you are - it sorta makes you sound petty. Simply because you don't dig Telltale's highly-regarded adventure games doesn't make them overrated, and them working with the Borderlands IP certainly doesn't sully what was and what will be.

You're also making a lot of grand assumptions about something that has very little information as of now, and as it seems, you're getting exceedingly upset over the things you're cookin' up in your own head - things that have very little to support their validity (like what they plan to do even six months from now). It might behoove you to just let all those baseless worries dribble out your ear and wait until official information comes from Gearbox regarding anything Borderlands.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Never really liked Borderlands for its story and only enjoyed it for its humour and its co-op but LOVED Telltales The Walking Dead and The Wolf Among Us and im not usually a fan of point and click games. Its not meant to replace current Borderlands titles or be a long running collaboration, its merely being developed along side the current developers to help flesh out the Borderlands universe and bring in some new fans. Telltale games are fast shooting up my favourite developers list as their dark stories and well written dialogues have been a breath of fresh air in the industry.

If you 'hate' a company because you personally dislike their games then simply do not buy their products, no point hating on the games as that accomplishes nothing. Not like your missing out because they are making a spin off title of a franchises you enjoy. Telltale didnt win studio of the year because people hate them, in fact they are one of the only companies who are creating games out of passion rather than purely because other big companies are pumping cash at them. The Walking Dead game series also won countless awards and has developed a huge fanbase from their involvement. Also cant wait to see what they do with Game of Thrones series. These small indie developers are showing AAA developers how to develop games and are creating some classics with tiny budgets and much smaller man power than other developers and are creating some truly innovative titles.

One of the games that excited me the most at VGX was No Mans Sky and its being developed by 4 guys from London, these are the developers/companies who should be respected. Not the ones paid millions every year to churn out samey sequels.

xMobilemux

Supporter 2014
OK I see your point, I'll let this go.
I just wish it wasn't Telltale, their games are just so crap to me.

If you 'hate' a company because you personally dislike their games then simply do not buy their products, no point hating on the games as that accomplishes nothing. Not like your missing out because they are making a spin off title of a franchises you enjoy. Telltale didnt win studio of the year because people hate them, in fact they are one of the only companies who are creating games out of passion rather than purely because other big companies are pumping cash at them. The Walking Dead game series also won countless awards and has developed a huge fanbase from their involvement. These small indie developers are showing AAA developers how to develop games and are creating some classics with tiny budgets and much smaller man power than other developers.

One of the games that excited me the most at VGX was No Mans Sky and its being developed by 4 guys from London, these are the developers/companies who should be respected. Not the ones paid millions every year to churn out samey sequels.

Yeah I get it now, I was just so furious at the idea of another one of my favorite franchises being turned into a Story focused franchise/game, you've seen how much I hate DmC and Tomb Raider for going in the Story > Gameplay direction. I feared Borderlands would be the 3rd.

Last edited:

Dark Drakan

Admin
Yeah I get it now, I was just so furious at the idea of another one of my favorite franchises being turned into a Story focused franchise/game, you've seen how much I hate DmC and Tomb Raider for going in the Story > Gameplay direction. I feared Borderlands would be the 3rd.

Borderlands will NEVER stray from being a looter shooter as thats what it is, would be like Final Fantasy turning into a First Person Shooter. This is merely a spin off, its not turning Borderlands into anything or trying to change it. Merely expand on the foundations that are already in place and maybe please those fans who want a bit more back story from Borderlands world. Will only help the franchise go forward and help flesh out the overall universe, it will do no harm at all to main Borderlands titles.

Like DmC/Tomb Raider reboots or not they have helped bring the franchise name to new fans and bring the games back into being relevant in todays market. Both series had been flagging already in the market and falling behind other games in their respective genres. In such a competitive industry its either adapt or die and companies have no choice but to take some big risks these days.

Also a little edit to my post to include that there is no reason to get abusive when speaking about opinions and disrespectful towards each other because your opinions differ as it helps no-one.

Last edited:

xMobilemux

Supporter 2014
Tomb Raider may have gotten a boost from it's reboot, DmC however has put the franchise in a position where only one thing can save the franchise.

I get what you 2 are saying now and thanks for helping me get it out of my system.
You can lock this thread since there's nothing more to discuss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom