• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Sweet Hidden Technique for DmC

Holding Charged Shots without pressing down Shoot Button

Some people might not know this, but here's another reason to love this game. There is a way to hold charged shots without holding down the shoot button.

Just begin charging ebony and ivory or revenant to at least to their level 1 charges, once that is done, then do a dodge (quickly let go of the shoot button) and spam an attack button.

Now you don't have to spam the attack you can just time one good one, or you can just spam dodge twice, but until you get hang of it just hold charge to level 1, dodge, let go, spam main attack.

After that your next shot will be charged shot, regardless of which gun you have equipped, so for example, you could switch to kabloeey detonate it, then release your charged ricochet shot for juggle points.

Also, keep in mind, using angel lift or demon pull will cancel out the charged shot.

well sorry expert, i haven't seen it mentioned anywhere officially. You'd think such an important skill would be discussed more often.

Btw, what system do you play on? I'm on PC and wouldn't call myself wet behind the ears.

Number 17 on bloody palace PC. OppressedWriter 65 million, whats your score pro?

mulalleybs

well sorry expert, i haven't seen it mentioned anywhere officially. You'd think such an important skill would be discussed more often.

Btw, what system do you play on? I'm on PC and wouldn't call myself wet behind the ears.

Number 17 on bloody palace PC. OppressedWriter 65 million, whats your score pro?
It's been known since the demo and I currently don't have xbox live, so I'm not on the leaderboards.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
Except that since the Demo, Charge Stock is pretty common knowlegde on the forums, it's even included in TWOxACROSS' primer thread.

I'm sorry I don't think its as common knowledge as you posters keep thinking it is. I don't even see it being used in some of the advanced combo videos. Therefore it needs to be mentioned more so people will utilize it. Just because it was discussed when the demo came out doesn't mean everyone knows it exists. Like I said, I had no idea, and I'm quite good at this game.

Seriously guys, so one post not even as a sticky by some guy named Noel and wow its been discussed and common knowledge seriously I don't think 90% of DmC players know this.

This was the only information I found in that dead post your referenced by two2xacross.

By Noel
Hold Ebony and Ivory until it's charge enough > Evade > Attack. The Ricoshot will still be charge until you press shoot. Now you can launch enemy then juggle them using the Ricoshot without customizing the controls.

You can perform Angel Uppercut much more successfully by attacking enemy on the air using the Osiris two times then uppercut. Experiment using uppercut after performing aerial attack. You will find it easy to perform Angel Uppercut eventually.

It wasn't even part of the main post either, it was just a post buried under the responses.

IT IS NOT COMMON KNOWLEDGE On this Forum. Otherwise, I"d see it discussed more. And I"m sorry I couldn't grammatically have said, for those who May not know: blah blah blah. Should I make that adjustment so you can stop acting like your knowledge is common knowledge.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
Rather rude to call everyone who has been on the forums a while and was around when the Charge Stock was WIDELY DISCUSSED LAST YEAR FOLLOWING THE DEMO RELEASE all haters. Most of us who have been posting for more than a month know about it, so yes, it is relativly COMMON KNOWLEDGE within the forums here. It does not have to be actively discussed all the time to be such.

MultiBro

Darkest Dungeon
IT IS NOT COMMON KNOWLEDGE On this Forum. Otherwise, I"d see it discussed more. And I"m sorry I couldn't grammatically have said, for those who May not know: blah blah blah. Should I make that adjustment so you can stop acting like your knowledge is common knowledge.
I think you sir need to chill down. I can attest to that people here were already discussing the Charge Shoot glitch last year when the demo came out. It is pretty common knowledge around these parts.

You know what, that was the DEMO, do you realize there are people who bought the game that never played demo or heard of it. You do understand this don't you. That this is the devil may cry forums, that people visit here, that own the game, that may not be regular posters, who may find this information useful because there isn't an official sticky or place where you can find it. Anyways, thanks for bumping thread all of you guys. Maybe with your help it really will become common knowledge.

And I doubt its a glitch, its meant to be part of the game. I'd call it a hidden technique.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
Seriously, OW, you need to take a chill pill. You are making a huge hissy fit over your presumption that no one on these forums new about Charge Stock, when in fact most of us who have been around since at least November of last year DID know about it. It was talked about during a lot of discussion on the Demo, along with Angel Climb up walls, which is still in the game, and Angel Flight, which only one glitch trick has been patched out.

LeoXCV

Single life for life
How 'bout I unleash new knowledge (As far as I know at least) for VD so everyone benefits from this thread?
Rapid Slash can actually be cancelled using jump without ever leaving the ground, allowing you to chain it and move extremely fast. It also retains the hitboxes behind the attack so can be used in offensive combat still.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Yeah...um...we found that out awhile ago, and it was discussed at length when it was discovered - the big difference is that everything was discussed when it was found. Charge Stocking has awesome applications, but there's really nothing left to say about it, hence why it isn't discussed anymore.

And I'm pretty sure it's a glitch, considering how it functions, requiring two different inputs to disregard the hold of the button. If it was a "hidden mechanic" it'd certainly work a lot easier, like...only needing one input to cover the hold.

Although, to the OP's credit, if my thread had been stickied, more people who visit the forum would see it :p

EDIT - Waaaaaaaait a second...it's not in that thread I made. I must have put it all down on the DMC wiki and completely forgot about it here >~<

Judgement

The skeptical, open-minded, conservative, pacifist
I think many of us have known about this for a while now but thank you for bringing it up again for those who do not know and may be new. You are correct as far as there isn't much discussion about it though no need to get antsy about it when people tell ya the truth :p Again it has not been too well promoted as of recently so there's nothing wrong with you bringing it up again.

Top Bottom