• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Supernatural fan thread

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
So I finally got to sit through Supernatural season 10 (I don't really watch too much tv, I usually wait for the dvd release, and then marathon the season) and I've been meaning to make a thread about the series for a few days now, well had the weekend off from work so wth. Supernatural fan thread, just a thread to talk about the series, the characters, post links to fan art, parodies, or other content if you want.

So, Supernatural tells the story of brothers Sam and Dean Winchester, who grow up as monster hunters after their mother was killed by a demon when Sam was a baby and Dean was 4. The first few seasons, though with an overall arc, were very monster of the week. Which actually was kinda cool, it was like every episode was a mini horror film.

However, from season 4 on-words, while still having some monster of the week episodes, depicting being in the middle of a battle between heaven and hell, and a struggle with fate. An overall theme throughout the series though, has been family. The brothers are willing to go to hell and back for each other, and through that bond, they've always beaten the odds.

That being said, imo, season 5 onwords....the series is past it's prime. Season 5, the last few seconds, really would have been the ideal end of the series. Now don't get me wrong, the series still has it's moments (I particularly liked the soul-less Sam arc, and the aftermath of it of Sam remembering his time in Lucifer's cage. The mark of Cain/Demon Dean arc was pretty awesome), and the characters are still likeable (Sam, Dean, along with Castial and Crowley are all fun to watch, along with some other characters who came and went). But it's really started to repeat, new threat, Sam and Dean fight, split up, remember they're stronger together, and fight the bad guy, cliffhanger ending, repeat.

But again, I keep watching, cause I still love these characters.Heck I love Dean Winchester so much, I wrote an oc, he's a dhampir (half vampire), and a paranormal investigator, wears a black long coat, I've mentioned (though never said his name) a handful of times. Who I literally envisioned as "Dean Winchester with super powers"
I still wanna see what happens to the characters, and what will they do next. Despite still believing that if the show had ended after season 5, the show would be half as long but twice as good, and that it's been a bit repetitive. I'm still invested in it...So they must be doing something right.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Consider that after season 5 real writer departed and left it to money-milking crowd.

Top Bottom