• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Studio Pitching Arkham-Style Darth Maul Game

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20..._cancelled_nintendo_exclusive_darth_maul_game

A studio called Red Fly is trying to concoct a demo as a pitch to EA, in order to resurrect a long-dead Star Wars game that would emulate the playstyle of the Arkham games, except centered around the brooding Dathomiran Sith Warrior, Darth Maul.

Now, I woefully watched this project slip into the bowels of development hell years ago, since Maul is one of my favorite characters in the Star Wars mythos (in the expanded universe, not the two-second role he had in Phantom Menace). Keep in mind, this is a pitch, so all we can do now is hold our breath and hope EA doesn't fulfill their reputation as the gaming industry's biggest shills.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
They decided to return to it far to late. I understand its because of release of new movie but still, with NX around the corner WiiU is probably not optimal decision to develop for.

WolfOD64

They decided to return to it far to late. I understand its because of release of new movie but still, with NX around the corner WiiU is probably not optimal decision to develop for.
I imagine it will be multi-platform, with Wii U being one of the ports.

EA's not stupid or bold enough to make any game Wii U exclusive.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
I imagine it will be multi-platform, with Wii U being one of the ports.

EA's not stupid or bold enough to make any game Wii U exclusive.
Hmm well thats true, If i remember right they called off WiiU support year or so ago.

WolfOD64

Hmm well thats true, If i remember right they called off WiiU support year or so ago.
That's what makes me quite skeptical that the game will get a Wii U release. Don't get me wrong, that'd be cool, but I'm prepared to get the PS4 version if it doesn't happen.

It's the necessary caution I take now that I own both consoles.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
That's what makes me quite skeptical that the game will get a Wii U release. Don't get me wrong, that'd be cool, but I'm prepared to get the PS4 version if it doesn't happen.

It's the necessary caution I take now that I own both consoles.
Well sadly if you own WiiU second console or PC is a must to get grasp on all third parties. I hope pitch will be susses full, since I consider Darth Maul one of the coolest villains in SW

WolfOD64

Well sadly if you own WiiU second console or PC is a must to get grasp on all third parties. I hope pitch will be susses full, since I consider Darth Maul one of the coolest villains in SW
Same. His potential as a character was squandered in the films, but fully-realized in the show and comics. To see that brutal and tenacious nature translated into the empowering experience of gameplay would be nothing short of bliss.

WolfOD64

• The game would feature a young Darth Maul – aged between “9 or 11” – following him to adulthood and before the events of Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace.
  • The emphasis of the game's story would be to show "what he went through to become a Sith”, and “showcase the torture The Emperor put him through. Show how you as the player would have made the same mistakes and ended up a Sith.
  • Playing as a young Maul would "make the player feel his pain and rage as he was brutally exposed day by day by The Emperor.”
  • The team is currently working on a “next-gen” demo to showcase Maul in action, with the hopes of pitching it to EA.
  • For prequel fans (like myself), the Lead Dev voted for "an Easter egg where Maul kills Jar Jar over and over.”
Well, I think that pretty much rules the Wii U version out, since he said "next-gen" demo (and no developer, Nintendo included, regards the system as "next-gen" in this console race). I do like the ideas being poured into this game...and it only makes me want it to happen even more.

Satsui no Hado

BUY ONE THOUSAND GIFTS!!!
If there was anything good about Phantom Menace, it was the sheer badassery oozing from Darth Maul....despite the fact he never really said anything.
Regardless, I love Zabraks, them along with Twi'leks are my my favorite Star Wars species, a game starring one of the coolest is nice to hear about indeed.

Top Bottom