• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Story Ideas for Future DmCs

AcidX_Y

Listen, since you clearly have no idea what reboot means, you can have fun with your Dante, and I'll have fun remembering the one who was actually worth playing as
I have no problem with you doing that, just go do it on the DMC parts of the forum and not this one.

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
You may as well since your hell bent on mentioning "cool original Dante".
Don't get me wrong, I like this GAME, just not this Dante.

I would just prefer if this game payed tribute to the original by having new Dante start to RESEMBLE the original one

AcidX_Y

I would just prefer if this game payed tribute to the original by having new Dante start to RESEMBLE the original one
Resemble in what way? I don't see the need for that, the anime type character wouldn't fit.

TerrorA

Don't mess with a Mage, bitch.
I do see need for that though.
We just don't see eye to eye

Maybe it's because I'm a writer. Maybe it's because I grew up reading novels like Dracula, Frankenstein, and The Color Purple. But I HATE characters with no depth to them (like the even numbered Dante's)

DMC1 Dante is a badass jokester, that hides a shattered heart from his dark past. He's clever and creative, but still slightly vulnerable and serious when he has to be. DMC3 Dante was more immature, but basically the same man, DmC Dante was rougher, more hardened, but again, the same character. 2Dante (ake emo Dante) is just.....there. A personalityless shell of his former self, and DMC4 Dante won't go away. He's louder than his 19-year-old self, more abrasive and assholish and is completely immature for his age. I still love the GAMES but the CHARACTERS suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

Seriously, everytime 4Dante opens his mouth, this happens to me:

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
Maybe it's because I'm a writer. Maybe it's because I grew up reading novels like Dracula, Frankenstein, and The Color Purple. But I HATE characters with no depth to them (like the even numbered Dante's)

DMC1 Dante is a badass jokester, that hides a shattered heart from his dark past. He's clever and creative, but still slightly vulnerable and serious when he has to be. DMC3 Dante was more immature, but basically the same man, DmC Dante was rougher, more hardened, but again, the same character. 2Dante (ake emo Dante) is just.....there. A personalityless shell of his former self, and DMC4 Dante won't go away. He's louder than his 19-year-old self, more abrasive and assholish and is completely immature for his age. I still love the GAMES but the CHARACTERS suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

Seriously, everytime 4Dante opens his mouth, this happens to me:
Which is why I suggested DMC1 Dante :p

The Final Offer

If you're talking personality wise...then I'm not getting which Dante you're talking about.

If you're talking about looks....then think about the graphics engine in DmC and DMC4. Different.
dmc_dlc_costume_classic_dante_2_by_dantefreak-d5u088i.png

It you're talking about situation...then you have to be specific.

If anything. DmC could be interpreted as the prequel to DMC 3. Since it's been two years since Dante and Vergil last met.

This_IZ_Sparda!

They wanted a more story driven game, the old Dante's personality wouldn't fit and in my opinion the stereotypical anime hero is outdated.
Agreed. I've been playing Japanese games and watched a lot of animes. I can say some character stereotypes just dont work anymore. It's almost as if they recycled every story and characterizations. Well, somehow thats to be expected since the producers dont have much to work on than to just produce masses of anime without putting that much quality. That's just me.. I still love anime though. But, what i could really say is a best form of anime is Attack on Titan and Death Note.
Listen, since you clearly have no idea what reboot means, you can have fun with your Dante, and I'll have fun remembering the one who was actually worth playing as
Let's have fun with our own preferences. I'm just more worried about news Capcom's potential bankruptcy. Other games could have a spotlight as well. And since this is DmC forum, i'm rooting for a better sequel for this series.

despite a death more disappointing than Boba Fett's.

093434de82eb9951c97adbacd703f1ce6a4a1c2ebd9ee0aefd6454223c53e933.jpg

Top Bottom