• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Starcraft 2 overheating bug.

aka958

Don't trust people
Anyone else have StarCraft II try to melt their hardware? Blizzard admits that it's a known issue and has a fix for you.

Apparently, the game's menu screens aren't framerate-limited. This means that when there's nothing else going on, your graphics hardware renders the bejeezus out of those screens, causing nasty overheating problems. The fix is easy, requiring players to add the following lines to your "Documents\StarCraft II Beta\variables.txt" "Documents\StarCraft II\variables.txt" file (nice catch, commenter LegolElf):

frameratecapglue=30
frameratecap=60

Good to know. Personally I would have appreciated a heads-up before my video card fried, but maybe this can save someone else from the hassle I've been dealing with since yesterday afternoon.

Source: http://gameinformer.com/b/news/arch...rd-confirms-starcraft-ii-overheating-bug.aspx

I don't know if it's false or not, but better safe than sorry.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Id heard about this on CVG and there are fixes out but something that damaging shouldnt have made the retail release.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Already implemented the fix some time ago, however, it's only a real problem if your ventilation is crappy...So anyone with good fans/heat sinks should be fine.

Keaton

Premium
I'm amazed that for such a high selling game that there could be such a fatal error O_O! But, it's great to see a fix atleast :D

Nice work AKA ^_^

Top Bottom