• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Square's thoughts on FFXIII

aka958

Don't trust people
Dark Drakan;284170 said:
Yeah i had 2 consoles and we used to play link play on games on them mostly but sometimes id play a game on my console on one TV and my friends would show me another game on my other console on another TV. I played it briefly but didnt own the game.

Ohh okay.

Did you play it enough to see how broken the battle system is? :p

Dark Drakan

Admin
aka958;284174 said:
Ohh okay.

Did you play it enough to see how broken the battle system is? :p

Looking back on it the flaws are there to see but at the time there was very little to compare it to so they wouldnt have been as noticeable.

aka958

Don't trust people
Dark Drakan;284175 said:
Looking back on it the flaws are there to see but at the time there was very little to compare it to so they wouldnt have been as noticeable.

Since you could get over 4000+ HP at the end of disc 1, every boss could easily be killed by 1 or 2 Renzokuken's by Squall if you've been junctioning the best magic to his Strength and alot more.

Everything felt so unneccessary. Just do Renzokuken a few times and it's over. The bosses had really slow reactions and didn't attack often either because you are supposed to draw from them, but that made the bosses nothing of a threat.

Dark Drakan

Admin
aka958;284176 said:
Since you could get over 4000+ HP at the end of disc 1, every boss could easily be killed by 1 or 2 Renzokuken's by Squall if you've been junctioning the best magic to his Strength and alot more.

Everything felt so unneccessary. Just do Renzokuken a few times and it's over. The bosses had really slow reactions and didn't attack often either because you are supposed to draw from them, but that made the bosses nothing of a threat.

My cousin was a big fan and he used to speak about things like that in the game and how unbalanced things were.

aka958

Don't trust people
Dark Drakan;284177 said:
My cousin was a big fan and he used to speak about things like that in the game and how unbalanced things were.

Ya. But that was about everything that was bad. The story, dungeons, characters, design, music, guardian forces, and practically everything else is really good. Or that is what GameFAQs tells with it's "Rate FF day X: Favorite Y" threads. Final Fantasy VIII had the lead on many things.

Dark Drakan

Admin
aka958;284180 said:
Ya. But that was about everything that was bad. The story, dungeons, characters, design, music, guardian forces, and practically everything else is really good. Or that is what GameFAQs tells with it's "Rate FF day X: Favorite Y" threads. Final Fantasy VIII had the lead on many things.

I liked the overall style of FFVIII too.

Top Bottom