• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

SPOILER: Rebellion...

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
lol Rebellion isn't exactly a practical looking sword

And I never claimed it was. However, between the two, I still prefer Rebellion cause, among other reasons, while it's still big as heck, it's not AS ridiculous as Sparda.

It looks like its a part of some demon's body, with a fleshy texture as if its an alive creature. That's exactly why its so cool because it looks so "hideous" and inelegant.

Matter of points of view. To you hideous and inelegant is cool. To me, it's... hideous and inelegant, period. It doesn't make it look cool to my eyes, just ugly.

It's just different tastes, and I'm afraid I'm not gonna like Sparda any time soon just because you do. XD

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Well that last trailer has Dante show up on the bike with no Rebellion I guess he might've been coming out of hell or wherever he was with either a new ride or a bike he had before and no Rebellion.

Also promo art with Dante has Rebellion and it has markings that were never there before.

7b81aa082835ea7fb43c438dfb3de0cd.jpg

Although in the leaked videos Rebellion did seem to have the same markings even before it was destroyed. So who knows.
I think that's just damascus metal; which is a common metal used to recreate Dante's sword.

Tbh I'm glad. I find Sparda to be horrendous in terms of looks and I'll take Rebellion over it any day of the week. If he has to get a replacement sword from DMC1, I'd rather have him get Alastor back instead of Sparda.
I agree that sword was absolutely ugly. It had power but it was a lousy design of skin and blade

Last edited:

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
I hope BOTH Sparda and Rebellion are in. Both are distinct swords with different ways of using them and different utilities.

@ToCool74
Sparda at the end of DMC1 was given to Trish to use instead of Dante. If anything Capcom didn't replace ForceEdge/Sparda as Dante's main sword they replaced Alastor as Dante's main sword. All concept and promo art for Dante had him wielding Alastor as his main weapon. Sparda is treated as the ultimate deux ex sword that Dante for some unexplained unholy reason decides to leave in Hell along with the amulet that unlocks its full potential next to what he thought was a dead Trish. Yup DMC1 Dante is best, smartest Dante. If going forward that the DMC series had focused more on Trish rather than changing female leads all the time she probably would've held Sparda most of the time while Dante mained Alastor (Probably due to balance might as well give the weaker character the superior weapon). Granted going forward Sparda relatively was used by Trish (even in spin-off titles like Viewtiful Joe and MvC3).

DMC2 - Trish was a bonus playable character who can use Sparda.
DMC3 - Sparda was more pivotal to the main story than DMC3 and Force Edge was usuable in a skin for Dante and for Vergil.
DMC4 - Sparda played a role in the story, used by the final boss, and used by the bonus playable character Trish in the Special Edition.
DMC5 - Dante might be using Sparda again to combat the most powerful foe he has ever faced.

I honestly think Capcom (outside maybe DMC2) is using Sparda wisely. Won't it be repetitive if the plot always revolved around Sparda or always ends up being Dante's solution to solving problems like Chaos Emeralds in Sonic? Last thing we want is to start taking writing cues from Sonic.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
@berto talked about how rebellion looks to have V's tattoos after being reformed.

maybe V or his family or his coven reforged it for him?

Top Bottom