• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Sparda's fighting style

Status
Not open for further replies.

King of Hell

Must Die
Devil Bane;264876 said:
I'd say that when he was still in hell and working under Mundy he would use some sub-par sword resembling the Force Edge,then He would make the Sparda and after his rebellion and during the 2000 years of his stay on earth he would make the Yamato and Rebellion.And much later Luce and Umbra[?].At first...I'd say...fireballs?

Maybe he would also wield Alastor and Ifrit too since Dante found them.

And he could always make his own style.

but Sparda used yamato to seal the demon world, so he had yamato before the rebellion, & he probably made rebellion DURING the rebellion, that's why its called rebellion...just a hunch.

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
?I thought he used the Sparda sword to seal the Temen-ni-Gru,splitting it into Force Edge and the two Pendants and the blood of a human priestess.

He used the Yamato to seal the other,smaller hellgates during those 2000 years.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
moseslmpg;265043 said:
It doesn't, but it can be assumed in some sense. They were familiar with their respective weapons, as evidenced by their comments to each other in the manga, but given that they had to be 8 at most when Sparda died, he probably didn't train them in any significant sense.

The Sacred Heart and comic do depict them fighting with wooden swords, but I don't know how canonical the Heart is.

That thing that DB said is not present anywhere in the canon either. I assume Dante's fighting style is idiosyncratic, but Vergil appears to have trained on his own.
He can't use Sparda because the game would most likely take place after he sealed the FE away forever.
I suppose there's also that comment "didn't your daddy teach you how to use a sword?" that makes you assume Sparda would've, although Dante's reaction to it could mean anything... he could have laughed because being able to use a sword would go without saying, or that of course Sparda taught him, or that he doesn't actually care much that he was or wasn't trained.

King of Hell

Must Die
Devil Bane;265118 said:
?I thought he used the Sparda sword to seal the Temen-ni-Gru,splitting it into Force Edge and the two Pendants and the blood of a human priestess.

He used the Yamato to seal the other,smaller hellgates during those 2000 years.

the temen-ni-gru only, but yamato was the "standard" key to hell, it can be used at any gate except temen-ni-gru. he sealed the temen-ni-gru in a ritual because the temen-ni-gru had a lot of potential, maybe even Mundus was "the great one" who rules it, Arkham definitely referred to someone when he said it.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
I would like to think it wouldn't be ice cold like Vergil's style or stylish like Dantes style.
That he has nothing to prove so he just comes at his enemies with full force, relentless, devistating chaos.
No messing, no aggression just gettin' it done like a master.

moseslmpg

But how would that look in terms of the game though? I think that demeanor could be communicated with the Sparda sword for sure, but for other DAs he would have to pick up, I just feel like he would be Dante v2.0.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom