• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Sparda's fighting style

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meg

The thread about whether or not Sparda should get his own game turned into a discussion about how he would fight, so I thought it would be nice to make a separate thread for it. :D

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
probably a cross between Dante and Vergil's fighting styles with moves nether of the twins could manage.

Meg

^ Such as? :p

In the other thread I purposed that Rebellion and Yamato are one sword that can split into two. But how that would look/work I don't know *thinks*

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
meg127;264551 said:
^ Such as? :p

In the other thread I purposed that Rebellion and Yamato are one sword that can split into two. But how that would look/work I don't know *thinks*

since Sparda had two swords to give to his sons he probably used two swords but i doubt Rebellion and Yamato were one. Yamato has it's own powers while Rebellion doesn't seem to have anything except for maybe some raw demonic energy. Yamato is probably alot older than Rebellion. if you think about it Force Edge/Sparda is a Zweihander so is Rebellion. but Yamato is an O-Katana. we have yet to see another katana like weapon so we can probably safely say Yamato was his only one. my guess is at first he fought using both Force Edge and Yamato( the fact that Vergil knows how to do this is evidence of that
(but Sparda was probably alot better at it) and then after he sealed Force Edge he got Rebellion to replace it.

moseslmpg

Yamato doesn't have any more demonic power than Rebellion, apparently. Vergil just knows how to use it better.

Meg

@ DS-Very good point. But when and how did he get these swords and how would he use them?

Also you said that Yamato seems to be more powerful, but Vergil is also more "in tune" you could say with his demon half then Dante is, so its possible that more of Yamato's power had awakened than in Rebellion.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
moseslmpg;264562 said:
Yamato doesn't have any more demonic power than Rebellion, apparently. Vergil just knows how to use it better.

Yamato has been described as being related to the barrier between the human world and the demon world ( i don't remember the exact wording but it sounds like Yamato can do something special). Rebellion has just been described as a sword Sparda used to own. that means that Yamato has an ability while Rebellion just has some demonic energy.

moseslmpg

It implies that, it doesn't mean that.

Empirically, Yamato has only shown special power as part of a gimmicky plot device in DMC4, which was invented for the game. We don't know if Rebellion could have been used for Hellgates too.

King of Hell

Must Die
Yamato is the key to the hellgates, but that doesn't make it more deadly or older than Rebellion, Sparda had to choose between the two, so he chose yamato. or maybe its true that he created Rebellion after sealing the gates, but its unlikely. his powers were sealed, he needs a lot of power to create Rebellion.
Sparda also used twin guns, Luce & Ombre, the ones that Trish uses now.

his fighting style with Swords can be seen in the opening of DMC1, although it was brief, it gives you a general idea.

moseslmpg

Sparda was fighting with the Sparda sword though. We mean with weapons other than the Sparda sword, how would his fighting be unique?

I myself cannot think of anything to make him unique, but I know he would have a mastery of phantom swords and use more DT and demonic energy infused attacks. But both Dante and Vergil could conceivably develop these abilities.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
King of Hell;264597 said:
Yamato is the key to the hellgates, but that doesn't make it more deadly or older than Rebellion, Sparda had to choose between the two, so he chose yamato. or maybe its true that he created Rebellion after sealing the gates, but its unlikely. his powers were sealed, he needs a lot of power to create Rebellion.
Sparda also used twin guns, Luce & Ombre, the ones that Trish uses now.

his fighting style with Swords can be seen in the opening of DMC1, although it was brief, it gives you a general idea.

i didn't say it was more deadly just that it had an ability where Rebellion didn't and my reasoning for it being older has nothing to do with Yamato's power. ( im not repeating myself so reread the post if you want to know my reasoning.)

King of Hell

Must Die
I know what you meant, I was just making a point, I do think Sparda used yamato more than Rebellion, but I think his primary Sword was the Sparda Sword, after he sealed it, he made the twin guns, & started using yamato & Rebellion more, since Rebellion had brute force & yamato could cut through deminsions, he still had a lot of power even though most of his powers were sealed.
my assumption is, he weilded yamato like Vergil, Rebellion, Sparda, & L&O like Dante, I'm sure he used summoned swords too.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
It is hard to say, but his style of fighting should be a mix of his own unique style, Dante's and Vergil's fighting styles.

His primary Devils Arm should be Sparda, and his secondary Devils Arm should be Yamato and Rebellion, and other swords as well.

Oh, he should wield Luce and Ombre as his primary firearms, and Summoned Swords can be his secondary projectile weapon.

Good thread. :)

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
I'd say that when he was still in hell and working under Mundy he would use some sub-par sword resembling the Force Edge,then He would make the Sparda and after his rebellion and during the 2000 years of his stay on earth he would make the Yamato and Rebellion.And much later Luce and Umbra[?].At first...I'd say...fireballs?

Maybe he would also wield Alastor and Ifrit too since Dante found them.

And he could always make his own style.

moseslmpg

Chaos Master;264785 said:
It is hard to say, but his style of fighting should be a mix of his own unique style, Dante's and Vergil's fighting styles.

His primary Devils Arm should be Sparda, and his secondary Devils Arm should be Yamato and Rebellion, and other swords as well.

Oh, he should wield Luce and Ombre as his primary firearms, and Summoned Swords can be his secondary projectile weapon.

Good thread. :)
Well, the Sparda sword isn't applicable here, because if there was a game, he wouldn't have access to it.

I want to know what Sparda's "unique style" would be.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Question - Sparda trained Dante and Vergil. Can anyone tell me where it says this canonically?

Darkstar Darin

The Badass In Black
I GOT IT!!
3 styles:
-Rebellion with Luce & Ombra
-Yamato with Summoned Swords
-Sparda with both long range weapons

like it:D?

also 2 a post above Sparda would b able to use Sparda :D b/c the DMC1 intro stated Sparda wielded a sword that bore his own name...i feel so smart

HQQR - Solid

THE AWESOME
Sparda most likely used his own sword more than "Yamato" or "Rebellion" Both devil arms are imbued with Sparda's power, BUT given to his sons :/

I describe his signature fighting style as "OMGWTFBBQ!"

Making a game with "Sparda" as the main character would just be difficult, seeing as how he is kind of the ****. Ya' know defeating Mundus and all. He'd be WAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY too powerful, yeah?

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
Lexy;264999 said:
Question - Sparda trained Dante and Vergil. Can anyone tell me where it says this canonically?

Nowhere.The twins lived in complete bliss with no idea of fighting or survival.It is their own human and demonic insticts that taught them to fight.Dante out spite,Vergil out of pure rage.Their styles are self taught.

moseslmpg

Lexy;264999 said:
It doesn't, but it can be assumed in some sense. They were familiar with their respective weapons, as evidenced by their comments to each other in the manga, but given that they had to be 8 at most when Sparda died, he probably didn't train them in any significant sense.

The Sacred Heart and comic do depict them fighting with wooden swords, but I don't know how canonical the Heart is.

That thing that DB said is not present anywhere in the canon either. I assume Dante's fighting style is idiosyncratic, but Vergil appears to have trained on his own.
D.E.Mortal;265012 said:

also 2 a post above Sparda would b able to use Sparda :D b/c the DMC1 intro stated Sparda wielded a sword that bore his own name...i feel so smart
He can't use Sparda because the game would most likely take place after he sealed the FE away forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom