• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Sparda.

Teimurazor

Peregrine Falcon
Well, I don't get it.
If I understood right, when Mundus and his forces were invading Sparda's and Evas house, Sparda just grabbed the kids and ran away or smth.
WTH?
Why would he leave his wife. Why didn't he try to send his wife away with his children instead, and stay in the mansion himself, to buy his family some time?

And why didn't NT show us his face? I seriously think that they were like
"-Ergh... dunno, what can we do with his face?
-Just hide it, lol"

AlchemistFromEden

Well, I don't get it.
If I understood right, when Mundus and his forces were invading Sparda's and Evas house, Sparda just grabbed the kids and ran away or smth.
WTH?
Why would he leave his wife. Why didn't he try to send his wife away with his children instead, and stay in the mansion himself, to buy his family some time?

And why didn't NT show us his face? I seriously think that they were like
"-Ergh... dunno, what can we do with his face?
-Just hide it, lol"
-Dante says when he recovers his memory that Eva sacrificed herself so that they could all escape
-sparda's face being silhouetted is a homage to the fact that the sparda in dmc1 had a silhouetted face
DMC1_Intro_-_Sparda.jpg

Teimurazor

Peregrine Falcon
Dante says when he recovers his memory that Eva sacrificed herself so that they could all escape
-sparda's face being silhouetted is a homage to the fact that the sparda in dmc1 had a silhouetted face
DMC1_Intro_-_Sparda.jpg
Well, that's the problem. Wouldn't it be better if sparda decided to stay, being Swordman and mega cool demon and all, to protect his wife (whom he obviosly loved hard enough to turn his back on his demonic bretheren) and sons?

And I wouldn't say that it was paying homage. I'd say it's just lazy. In DMC1 we've seen his demon form, and his human form was an unlockable costume. Same with DMC3. Here it's just... nothing. Just some lame and uninspired (a guy with horns, seriously?!) guy who's face we never get to see.
DmCBanishedSparda.png

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Eva sacrificed herself so that her kids could live, and by the time Sparda could find her, Eva was already killed by Mundus. Sparda couldn't kill Mundus cause Mundus was an immortal demon, and Sparda was too far away from the hellgate to get to it. And by the time he did, Mundus would already be there waiting for Sparda. Sparda had no choice but to hide his kids from getting involved and erased their memories so that they don't try to find him or try to get revenge at such early ages.

I think Sparda tried to fight Mundus after burying Eva's body, and thus was the first of his kind to challenge the demon king Mundus. Naturally Sparda lost and was imprisoned for all eternity.

And so Dante and Vergil had to do the job.

Kind of like Bardock with Goku being the one to kill Freiza.

TerrorA

Don't mess with a Mage, bitch.
Eva sacrificed herself so that her kids could live, and by the time Sparda could find her, Eva was already killed by Mundus. Sparda couldn't kill Mundus cause Mundus was an immortal demon, and Sparda was too far away from the hellgate to get to it. And by the time he did, Mundus would already be there waiting for Sparda. Sparda had no choice but to hide his kids from getting involved and erased their memories so that they don't try to find him or try to get revenge at such early ages.

I think Sparda tried to fight Mundus after burying Eva's body, and thus was the first of his kind to challenge the demon king Mundus. Naturally Sparda lost and was imprisoned for all eternity.

And so Dante and Vergil had to do the job.

Kind of like Bardock with Goku being the one to kill Freiza.

So Sparda is Bardock, and Dante is Goku. Does that make Vergil Vegeta? And is Kat ChiChi or Bulma?

AlchemistFromEden

Well, that's the problem. Wouldn't it be better if sparda decided to stay, being Swordman and mega cool demon and all, to protect his wife (whom he obviosly loved hard enough to turn his back on his demonic bretheren) and sons?

And I wouldn't say that it was paying homage. I'd say it's just lazy. In DMC1 we've seen his demon form, and his human form was an unlockable costume. Same with DMC3. Here it's just... nothing. Just some lame and uninspired (a guy with horns, seriously?!) guy who's face we never get to see.
DmCBanishedSparda.png
sparda in the old series was a lazy and uninspired character, in this one he didn't just up and leave and have his kids deal with his every enemy he had fought, he had ensured that they would defeat mundus, i could go on and on about the reality of classic sparda's decisions not helping in the long run

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
sparda in the old series was a lazy and uninspired character, in this one he didn't just up and leave and have his kids deal with his every enemy he had fought, he had ensured that they would defeat mundus, i could go on and on about the reality of classic sparda's decisions not helping in the long run

And this Sparda's much less of an uninspired character? Come on.
And classic Sparda didn't just ''up and leave'', but if that's what you want to believe, go right ahead. I guess you're unfamiliar with playing the DMC games and reading about the story.

TerrorA

Don't mess with a Mage, bitch.
And classic Sparda didn't just ''up and leave'', but if that's what you want to believe, go right ahead. I guess you're unfamiliar with playing the DMC games and reading about the story.

He did disappear. They never say in the old series if he's dead or just gone.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
Classic Sparda was not lazy, but the detailing of his legend and what he did, on the part of the writers, WAS. What we know of him is that after a certain point, he left Eva and the twins in order to draw away his enemies, we presume, and it got him killed; DMC1,s prelude specified that he had died, after all. But it wasn't Mundus, we also know that, and Sparda left two of his three Swords to his sons in order to arm them to protect mankind from the demon world...load of good that did.

For Reboot Sparda, we know that he managed to save his sons after Eva did infact sacrifice herself to buy him time. And after making sure his sons were safe, went back after Mundus, and lost, but liklley after popunding his way through demon armies and being so exhausted, he could do nothing but fall in the end; the epic yet tragic legend. Yet he's STILL ALIVE somewhere.

MultiBro

Darkest Dungeon
For Reboot Sparda, we know that he managed to save his sons after Eva did infact sacrifice herself to buy him time. And after making sure his sons were safe, went back after Mundus, and lost, but liklley after popunding his way through demon armies and being so exhausted, he could do nothing but fall in the end; the epic yet tragic legend. Yet he's STILL ALIVE somewhere.
He did make the slight mistake of leaving Dante in a orphan home run by demons.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
Yeah, seems that stark white hair ende dup NOT being a tip off. the fact that Mundus had seen what Dante looked like as a child but never saw Vergil probably helped Verg, and hindered with Dante...i still ask HOW Dante lived that long, when the Demons KNEW who and what he was...but the same kind'a goes for classic as well.

Teimurazor

Peregrine Falcon
Well. NOPE.
O. Sparda did just as much to ensure his kids to be ready when the time to fight the demons comes. He left them the keys to the hellgates and Temen-Ni-Gru, how is that not helping in the long run, huh?
N. Sparda just hid his kids from Mundus. Didn't leave any clues what to do, just mind wipe and see ya later. And then he got IMPRISONED for eternity. Wow.
O. Sparda was badass enough to fight back all the demon forces by himself. Even Mundus couldn've done **** to him, and was just cowardly waiting for him to dissapear.

And how can u say anything about inspiration considering the guy who doesn't even have a FACE, and the most demonic thing about him is HORNS. Even Devs didn't care about him.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Yeah...classic Sparda's story was rather lackluster. They pretty just tell you and repeatedly try to enforce the ideal that he's this LEGENDARY HERO, and yet they barely ever explain what he's done to deserve the title. He's helped protect human settlements, but that's really about it. A lot more has to happen in siding with the humans in order to be called a "legend." I want detaaaiiils~ What gargantuan monsters did he slay? What cool risks did he take? All they do is go out of their way to stress how legendary he is, but without actually being specific about it.

Plus the whole up and dying and most of the rest of the series being about Dante cleaning up his messes, and never just being his own guy. He's never just "Dante" to most people, he's the "Son of Sparda." Having sprung from Sparda's loins is apparently more important than who Dante is...and that's rather boring. Normally it wouldn't be, because crawling out from under a parent's shadow can be a good narrative, but this is done so...slipshod...I guess.

And I suppose while Dante was unfortunately sent to a demon orphanage, it does seem like he didn't stay there for very long. He's seen having killed a demon at around the same age as he was when he was orphaned, so he probably killed his way out of the orphanage, and has sorta been on the run since, getting picked up by police and thrown in juvie and all other manner of incarceration centers, and then escaping them, too :p

Top Bottom